1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

The removeable scalp and CPU access is cool I have to say.

I already have the first release and I already have the coo gatlings gun and bandolier

Are people asking for HT (via Facebook) to do the DX thing and add the second BD sculpt to this DX set?

Are they really going to try and sell me a BD version of this a year from now? I would have paid $300 for this set with the pellet gun and a BD sculpt.

This makes me feel like they ignored all of the demands and requests for a battle damage version over the last two years and instead noticed all of the collectors who were equipping their MMS version with aftermarket bandoliers, grenade launchers, and miniguns and said, "THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO GET IN ON!"

This makes me feel like they ignored all of the demands and requests for a battle damage version over the last two years and instead noticed all of the collectors who were equipping their MMS version with aftermarket bandoliers, grenade launchers, and miniguns and said, "THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO GET IN ON!"

Yeah pretty much.

Personally, I am happy they rerelease it as I don't have the first version. :yess:

Nevertheless, it's a shame they didn't include the BD version.

They did it for Luke Skywalker!!!!! Why not for T2?:gah:

I don't collect Terminator stuff but even I know this is just a re-release of the orginal figure with a new gun. What's with all the same figures being made over and over again - ANOTHER Captain America? ANOTHER Joker? ANOTHER Terminator? Are they making a "new" Iron Man to add to the neverending list of Iron Men? DX Keaton V2.0 will be announced tomorrow.

coloring-books-4.gif

crayon4pack.gif

Giddy2Title.png

giddy-up-miley.jpg

Not happy with the head sculpt on this at all. Let alone the lack of the extra head.

It looks like it's got the same issues as the original T2. The head is a bit squat.

Weird how the accuracy is less than the T1. I would've thought the Enterbay head would put the wind up em but not so.

Are people asking for HT to do the DX thing and add the second BD sculpt to this DX set?

People are doing that on facebook, but most are just asking for a battle damaged head. Like Johnny U said, it needs a lot more than just a head....preferably two (minimal and severe with light-up eye), damaged gloves showing, a second shirt with a hole for an exposed chest, damaged pants for an exposed knee, ripped jacket, etc.

This release looks to be the weakest DX release yet. This is a complete W T F moment for me towards HT. This is as close to a bare bones/re-hash release if Ive ever seen one. No Battle Damage??? Thats like a kick in the nuts to HT/Terminator fans/collectors. Seriously was there really a need for this version? And at $230? WHA-WHA-WHAT?!? Im glad I have the MMS release. This is looking to be an EASY pass.

No Battle Damage. No SALE!

They could have easily done a Luke Skywalker style release with this and they chose not to??

I would have easily dropped $300 on a Clean Cyber-dyne/Battle Damaged Steal Mill combo release. This is the most disappointed Ive been with a DX release yet. Man....

Personally, I am happy they rerelease it as I don't have the first version. :yess:

Nevertheless, it's a shame they didn't include the BD version.

They did it for Luke Skywalker!!!!! Why not for T2?:gah:

Because they hate us.

Pretty neat but I can't see too many collectors posing their DX T-800s in that pose with Sarah Connor removing the chip. That would be a boring display :dunno

Regarding headsculpt: I think HT listened to the fans about how v1 looked like Arnold but older. They smoothed out some parts of his face, but kept a lot of the harsh lines that distinguish older Arnold. When we look at people we tend to amalgamate in our minds all their looks into one. When I look at pictures of Arnold from 91 I'm facinated at how different he looks in the pics and the picture I have of him in my head.

Pretty neat but I can't see too many collectors posing their DX T-800s in that pose with Sarah Connor removing the chip. That would be a boring display :dunno

I happen to have a Pescadero Sarah custom so I personally would take advantage of it.

I happen to have a Pescadero Sarah custom so I personally would take advantage of it.

i saw that, very well done A-Dev :hi5:

I don't collect Terminator stuff but even I know this is just a re-release of the orginal figure with a new gun. What's with all the same figures being made over and over again - ANOTHER Captain America? ANOTHER Joker? ANOTHER Terminator? Are they making a "new" Iron Man to add to the neverending list of Iron Men? DX Keaton V2.0 will be announced tomorrow.

:exactly:

And people wonder why i've been pissed at HT for the last 9 months. i'm in withdrawal from not getting any new figures :lol

i've come to expect this from Hot toys and don't care as much as i sued to about them.

I'm more surprised by a new character getting a figure than by all the remakes and versions anymore

I still can't believe they recycled the base from the MMS Kevin Flynn for a DX :slap

People are doing that on facebook, but most are just asking for a battle damaged head. Like Johnny U said, it needs a lot more than just a head....preferably two (minimal and severe with light-up eye), damaged gloves showing, a second shirt with a hole for an exposed chest, damaged pants for an exposed knee, ripped jacket, etc.

I agree, but at this point I'd settle for just the BD head and be done with it.

I don't want to have to choose between passing on this OR getting it only to see a BD version in a year.

This one was the first I saw today and I didn't really know what to think of this.
Late april fools, ordentlich something half baked...but I guess that the HS will be tweaked a little cause now it's ME complaining about it being of and I can't hammer it down to what it is.
But I'll get it, sell my Coomodel Cyberdyne Gear, retool my MMS to Galerie style and skip the EB to spare money for the 1/4 T1 T-800 and probably the EB BD T2 T-800...IF HT doesn't announce their own.
By noon I was seriously blown away to the sheer mass HT and EB are releasing now.
Did they announce something like a battlecry?!
Who's bigger, better and makes the best for the Fans?!
I guess I'll get at least one piece of EB of this onslaught.
Bring it on...

Well, only good thing on this for me is that can maybe make new Alien Big Chap figure...but really don't understand this figure - same like old version only with ugly stand and stupid PERS. Without cool robo-hand...

Hot toys? Include this weapon, the AR he uses on the T–1000, a BD head sculpt, a BD arm, and then we will buy. We're not stupid.

You'd at least need some damage to his jacekt... as is a BD head or Arm would look odd next to a clean jacket.

It is, but no one with much value... who (unless they buy a couple) would display him with that :huh

Back