???Dust Free Glass Displays ????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xwolv139

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Any info on these would be appreciated, I know the glass displays at ikea are popular, but dont prevent dust at all.

Im sure theres companies out there that make Hermetically sealed display cases... the cost however might be pretty high

just use weather stripping around the perimeter of the door and you will have no dust inside your Detolf glass display cabinet ever

Preventing dust means cleaning the room/house. ;) Regardless of how well sealed something is, dust will still collect on the outside of it if the room itself isn't regularly cleaned. Getting rid of carpets cuts down on dust a LOT. And change the air filter on your ventilation system regularly.

Don't underestimate the IKEA cabinets - or overestimate the amount of dust that will make it into the displays. I've got two kids and two dogs in this house, and plenty of glass faced IKEA cabinets with no dust issues. And this is in an office that I use every single day - and many times for things I shouldn't be doing here, like soldering, sewing and other things that aren't conducive to keeping the place very clean. Which is why I'm working on building a new shop space at the moment.

Back