Drive with Nathan Fillion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAhobbit said:
Well, the ratings weren't that great last night (extreme makeover and amazing race beat it and it dropped slightly in it's second hour compared to the first). Hopefully it will do better in it's normal time slot. *crosses fingers* If not, I forsee it being cancelled rather quickly. :monkey2

I have a feeling this one will last

I think this premise would have worked much better as a movie just focusing on Fillion and the blond chick.

I've enjoyed the three eps. so far, but if this show does manage to survive, I can already sense some serious dragging (no pun intended) in the storyline.

Like Prison Break, this seems unlikely to survive past one season unless they change the cast completely. But they managed to make Prison Break work past the escape, so maybe they can do the same with this.

Love Nathan's new car, and obviously he has a dark past which will come out. I'm really digging the show. I don't think we've seen the last of the hot bounty hunter either.

I like it, especially since it took the place of Prison Break and I was used to watching in that time slot anyway... hopefully a lot of PB fans might do the same.

olvidadero said:
I have a feeling this one will last

It came in 4th behind ABC, NBC (even I can't believe people watch Deal or No Deal...ugh) and CBS. It seemed to bring in the same ratings as Sunday (at least the 8pm timeslot on Sunday) which wasn't good to begin with. I still think the show is on the brink and still has a high chance of cancellation (considering FOX loves to cancel shows very early on I wouldn't be surprised if this gets the axe soon).

I really liked yesterday's episode though (even more than Sunday's shows).

True, Fox is quick on the draw with excellent shows. Although I like Drive a lot, I think it's just mediocre enough that Fox will keep it on.

Although Fillion and Minear don't have a great history there...

How is it that they aired three episodes in 2 days? What was the double episode on Sunday, a premiere special? Will it air on Mondays from now on?

I'll watch the 2nd and 3rd episodes today.

Although I like Drive a lot, I think it's just mediocre enough that Fox will keep it on.

You nailed it! ;) But I still have a hope that it might last a couple of seasons. Just let the people get used to what seems to be like a great cast of funny and varied characters. For me that's what's most important, why else would I be a Whedon fanatic? :p

I liked it, I don't have a TV, I just watched the first episodes off the internet. It was better than I thought. If they continue making them I'll keep watching them.

I just watched Episode 2, and I can firmly say. MAN! I AM HOOKED!

I could love this show. The characters are great!

olvidadero said:
I just watched Episode 2, and I can firmly say. MAN! I AM HOOKED!

I could love this show. The characters are great!

Sorry I just heard that it was cancelled by Fox but they will air the two remaining episodes in May.

dr2red said:
Sorry I just heard that it was cancelled by Fox but they will air the two remaining episodes in May.
Not surprising, but disappointing. I was enjoying it.

Nathan was carrying the show. He's a really good actor and should have no problem getting something else.

dr2red said:

Damn, that was even quicker than I expected. It's Fox though, I knew it'd get canned eventually.

Batty said:
Not surprising, but disappointing. I was enjoying it.

Nathan was carrying the show. He's a really good actor and should have no problem getting something else.

I forgot he was in Saving Private Ryan. I was watching it a while ago and his scene came up and I got that spark of recognition. It's fun going back and watching movies and seeing actors who were unfamiliar at the time but have since gone on to greater visibility and familiarity. There are actually a ton of people in Saving Private Ryan like that.

Especially Ted Danson...

carbo-fation said:
I hate Fox! This show actually looked promising......:emperor :emperor :emperor

I too hate them but I guess it is as they say ratings and not quality *cough* Firefly. They are morons simply Morons!!!!!!!!!

Back