Dragon Age: Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the Warrior I created.
I named the my Mabari warhound Odin.
This is what he looked like back at lvl 5.
But now he rolls with Grey Warden Cmdr Armor on.
Very B.A. looking.

Here is the Warrior I created.
I named the my Mabari warhound Odin.
This is what he looked like back at lvl 5.
But now he rolls with Grey Warden Cmdr Armor on.
Very B.A. looking.

Is there something in the game that allows you to upload your characters?

That is why I dislike games like this...I want to concentrate on my character and not really worry about the others.

No, no, no...I spend most of my time controlling her because she is bada$$ and I wish I would have made a mage since I enjoy playing a mage more than a warrior and some of her spell slots were wasted on spells I wouldn't have chosen. Mages with the right mix of spells can do insane amounts of damage.

You can set up TONS of tactics for the characters you are not in direct control that are more efficient for a tank than a caster since alot of mage strategy depends on spell combos that there aren't tactics for. I just loaded my main character up with all the defensive tactics and taunt/aggressive stance and he keeps agro no problem while I use Morrigan to rain all hell on anything that comes near the group.

Last edited:
I bought this game a week ago and haven't put it down since (although, I have to take turns playing it with my wife). This game is hugh and one of the best RPGs I have played in a very long time. Unlike alot of RPGs, every choice you make in this game can really impact outcomes...like when I killed the kid in Redcliff. :monkey3

My only regret is that I didn't make a mage as my main character because I spend 75% of the time controlling Morrigan; mage primal spells ftw.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Yeah, very different ends of the spectrum outcomes when you agree to take up the task of finding the daughter of the blacksmith in Redcliff.:eek:

:lol Oh, I saved the blacksmith's daughter...I killed the king's son instead of agreeing to go to the Wizard's tower to find a way to remove the demon. Needless to say, Allister doesn't like me very much now.

:lol Oh, I saved the blacksmith's daughter...I killed the king's son instead of agreeing to go to the Wizard's tower to find a way to remove the demon. Needless to say, Allister doesn't like me very much now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
No, no, no...I spend most of my time controlling her because she is bada$$ and I wish I would have made a mage since I enjoy playing a mage more than a warrior and some of her spell slots were wasted on spells I wouldn't have chosen. Mages with the right mix of spells can do insane amounts of damage.

You can set up TONS of tactics for the characters you are not in direct control that are more efficient for a tank than a caster since alot of mage strategy depends on spell combos that there aren't tactics for. I just loaded my main character up with all the defensive tactics and taunt/aggressive stance and he keeps agro no problem while I use Morrigan to rain all hell on anything that comes near the group.

Yeah this is true.
Even though I created a warrior I find that she tips the scales of battle more often than my Uber Warden Warrior.
I hate spending the points for additional tactical slots but find theyre very useful for mages and Rogues.
Good tactical set ups can save you from alot of micromanagement.

Ahh alright yea that makes more sense. That is cool. I did a rouge for my first character. I like magic based characters but they usually aren't my first choice. Might be something I do for my second play through.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think when I replay, I am going to make a mage and be as evil as possible; at least I know what will make Morrigan and Zevryn happy and the dog will like me no matter what.

Sorry if this was already said but this game is going to be $35.00 on black Friday at Bestbuy.

Lets see if this works.

505406.jpg

BioWare has announced that later this holiday it will release the first piece of DLC for its fantasy RPG Dragon Age. While not news itself, the context of the expansion, titled Return to Ostagar, is an interesting take on DLC. Most DLC takes players to events outside of a game's main storyline. Return to Ostagar, however, takes you back to the beginning of the Dragon Age story, during the epic battle between good and evil that caused the downfall of the Gray Wardens and Ostagar's King Cailan. As a reward for fighting in the battle, players can loot the fallen King for his golden armor set. The DLC is planned for all platforms for $5 (400 Microsoft Points, or 400 BioWare points).

Okay. I'm waiting for a good deal on the boxed pc version. As of right now though EA is selling it as a $35 download from their online store. I'd rather have a boxed copy though.

Back