Dragon Age: Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to get a copy of this. I really enjoyed KOTOR and KOTOR2, along with what I've played through so far in Mass Effect. I'm not usually a big one on fantasy games, but between Bioware's record and the trailers thus far, I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit.

picked it up yesterday on the way home for the pc. i spent an hour in character creation alone. the graphics are gorgeous. can't wait to really get started on it today.

I would love to get this. However, I don't have the time that is required to play a game like this right now. I will wait a bit.

Love bioware. But am skipping this one. After checking many reviews, both written and video, it just doesn't sound like a home run.

Yeah, I don't have the time either, but I got it anyways. About an hour or so into it and it's really great.

Damn straight :D My copy arrived Friday night and I've been playing it quite a bit! The story and some of the movies in game are just fantastic! :rock

So what is the consensus? I love single player RPG so this one sounds great for me. I think I might get this for Christmas.

This is a really fun game. My only gripe was that I started on normal difficulty. On Normal your players do not receive any area of effect damage. I got really used to using these spells and it made the game too easy. When I switched to hard, I was killing off my hole team at with my current play style. After adapting my spell castng, the game is alot more challenging and fun on the hard level.

So what is the consensus? I love single player RPG so this one sounds great for me. I think I might get this for Christmas.

I guess the best way I can put it is like this...

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but never really been a fan of fantasy in general.

I liked KOTOR 1 & 2 and enjoyed them. I LOVE Dragon Age. It's really is that good to get me to set aside my sci-fi biases and really get into it!

I guess the best way I can put it is like this...

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but never really been a fan of fantasy in general.

I liked KOTOR 1 & 2 and enjoyed them. I LOVE Dragon Age. It's really is that good to get me to set aside my sci-fi biases and really get into it!

SWEET!

Deciding if I want to pick this up now or wait until Christmas. Grrrrrrrr.

Im really enjoying the game!
I like how the character you create in the customize menu in the beginning is actually used in the cut scenes.
Lots to like.

However,the Wardens keep dlc is not worth the coin:
They screwed this up. Shouldve taken a cue from Bethesda on how to handle this stuff. So in the end all you really get is a big courtyard with a bond fire, 2 merchants OUTSIDE in the cold and the storage chest is outside as well.(stupid placement) No logic at all. You cant get back in if you couldnt open the chests the first time. You cant check up on the wayward mage either. Why not put the merchants in the vacant courtyard buildings?
The smith couldve had his shop and the other guy couldve had his own shop as well.
The keep was big enough for all party members to have their own qtrs when not being used. You could buy the upgrades to the keep from local merchants etc.
I thought this was going to be a bad a$$ reestablishment of the Grey wardens in the kingdom.
This couldve been a combo Wizards tower and Knights of the Nine download.
The keep does look cool from the outside though.
EPIC dlc FAIL Bioware

Im really enjoying the game!
I like how the character you create in the customize menu in the beginning is actually used in the cut scenes.
Lots to like.

However,the Wardens keep dlc is not worth the coin:
They screwed this up. Shouldve taken a cue from Bethesda on how to handle this stuff. So in the end all you really get is a big courtyard with a bond fire, 2 merchants OUTSIDE in the cold and the storage chest is outside as well.(stupid placement) No logic at all. You cant get back in if you couldnt open the chests the first time. You cant check up on the wayward mage either. Why not put the merchants in the vacant courtyard buildings?
The smith couldve had his shop and the other guy couldve had his own shop as well.
The keep was big enough for all party members to have their own qtrs when not being used. You could buy the upgrades to the keep from local merchants etc.
I thought this was going to be a bad a$$ reestablishment of the Grey wardens in the kingdom.
This couldve been a combo Wizards tower and Knights of the Nine download.
The keep does look cool from the outside though.
EPIC dlc FAIL Bioware

Those are some pretty cool ideas. I like having the storage for now though...constantly loading it up with stuff I'm not sure if I'll need later and dumping the cheap stuff.

I did two initial dry runs playing up to about lvl 5 before I felt I got the game mechanics down to wear Im using all party members skills most effectively. Much more enjoyable now.
The dialog is very well written and acted between characters, you want to bring certain characters along just to hear the banter. Alister and Zevran have some of the best lines ever heard in video games.

Last edited:
I bought this game a week ago and haven't put it down since (although, I have to take turns playing it with my wife). This game is huge and one of the best RPGs I have played in a very long time. Unlike alot of RPGs, every choice you make in this game can really impact outcomes...like when I killed the kid in Redcliff. :monkey3

My only regret is that I didn't make a mage as my main character because I spend 75% of the time controlling Morrigan; mage primal spells ftw.

Last edited:
I bought this game a week ago and haven't put it down since (although, I have to take turns playing it with my wife). This game is hugh and one of the best RPGs I have played in a very long time. Unlike alot of RPGs, every choice you make in this game can really impact outcomes...like when I killed the kid in Redcliff. :monkey3

My only regret is that I didn't make a mage as my main character because I spend 75% of the time controlling Morrigan; mage primal spells ftw.

That is why I dislike games like this...I want to concentrate on my character and not really worry about the others. At least they have a a better system than Mass Effect with macroing the other characters.

Back