Dragon Age: Inquisition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this stack up against Skyrim? Anywhere remotely as good? Never played this series but I've been tempted to pick this up.

id say it's as good, not nearly as large and not free roaming- linear. It's basically Mass Effect/KOTOR with swords/sorcery. And battles are more command based than hack n slash- u can pause the action to issue commands to teammates, then unpause and they carry it out. (Only speaking for the first game- they screwed up the sequel IMO)

Another good place to check out game, if you have the time, is Twitch.tv

Go there, browse their games, final a channel.
You can basically watch someone else play the game live.

id say it's as good, not nearly as large and not free roaming- linear. It's basically Mass Effect/KOTOR with swords/sorcery. And battles are more command based than hack n slash- u can pause the action to issue commands to teammates, then unpause and they carry it out. (Only speaking for the first game- they screwed up the sequel IMO)

Its much more open than ME. Its got more freedom in it than previous DA games. Combat is flexible. You can go the full command route or full real time or both. Ill sometimes send my tank in with the command feature ans single out a target and then just unpause it and play out the fight in real time. The ai is pretty competent for the most part.

I got my collectors edition Today. Everything was broke inside. Cheaply made stuff, but probably the worst packing I've ever seen. I called customer Service. Guy told almost ever call is about this set. Beware!

About 20 hours in and I still feel like I'm only just seeing how big this beast is. Spent 3 hours in a new area today (forget the name) and barely scratched the surface of it's collectibles and tasks. It's freakin epic. Probably going to be my GOTY at this rate.

About 20 hours in and I still feel like I'm only just seeing how big this beast is. Spent 3 hours in a new area today (forget the name) and barely scratched the surface of it's collectibles and tasks. It's freakin epic. Probably going to be my GOTY at this rate.

Seriously. Too much dragon age right now.

Ive run inti a serious technical problem. During some scenes, the game seems to stall. Sometimes I can mash buttons and continue, but ive reach one scene in a mission wherr it crashes every time at the same spot. Its a side quest, but obviously not acceptable. So frustrating. Im completely in love with this game and to have such a major problem is not good. I hope they patch this soon.

Ok, so I looked into it and its apparently a major issue a lot of people are having. I havrnt tried it yet, but some are saying that if you wait a while, it will sometimes correct itself. If not, tapping square (PS4) sometimes fixes it after a while, but youll skip some of the conversation...not a very good fix.since its a widespread thing, im sure theyll patch it.

Ive run inti a serious technical problem. During some scenes, the game seems to stall. Sometimes I can mash buttons and continue, but ive reach one scene in a mission wherr it crashes every time at the same spot. Its a side quest, but obviously not acceptable. So frustrating. Im completely in love with this game and to have such a major problem is not good. I hope they patch this soon.

Ok, so I looked into it and its apparently a major issue a lot of people are having. I havrnt tried it yet, but some are saying that if you wait a while, it will sometimes correct itself. If not, tapping square (PS4) sometimes fixes it after a while, but youll skip some of the conversation...not a very good fix.since its a widespread thing, im sure theyll patch it.

This game is full of bugs. Hopefully, they'll fix all of 'em, eh? :lol

On Friday, I had a corrupted save file. Good thing my last save was a minute behind. Otherwise, it would have been a couple hours lost.

I feel like it's another game rushed by EA. Thank god it's robust enough to play while they work on patches. Not unlike BF4 and their billion bugs. :lol

Ive run into conversation bugs and 1 corrupted save. Aside from that things have been okay but its aggravating to miss the dialogue.

Ive run into conversation bugs and 1 corrupted save. Aside from that things have been okay but its aggravating to miss the dialogue.

Missed dialogue? I don't think I've had that yet. Or I may have, I just wouldn't know it. One bug I've noticed are letters and books to read that you find wherever. Sometimes, they've

Missed dialogue? I don't think I've had that yet. Or I may have, I just wouldn't know it. One bug I've noticed are letters and books to read that you find wherever. Sometimes, they've

Sometimes when talking to someone theres no dialogue box to choose your responses from, the only way out is to button mash until you are free from the conversation. The good part is you've escaped the bug, the bad part is you missed what that person had to say and they likely wont have that initial conversation with you again.

I'll probably pick this up next year when all the mods are perfected. The original Dragon Age was a lot more fun to play with all the various armor mods and tweaks to the game..

Back