Donnie Yen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z
Thanks
LA, man you gotta see these films. I was never a huge martial arts film fan but these are amazing. Ok, I liked the Sonny Chiba Street Fighter films, fine

Can we get a couple more on board for the Flashpoint/Ip Man look?

Please

You don't want to mis out on Z's work again do you?

We probably need to put a list up of who wants what so we know how many we have on each list. I may take up of the slack but I would need Z to be generous on payment terms ;-). Does Z have any idea how short we are on either version ?

Currently I'm after

2 pointy hair (Blade II, Highlander Endgame)
1 bald (Hero) but willing to take 1 of whatever needs the numbers.

Paid deposit x 3

I was under the impression that this commission (the first sculpt that is) was for the Flashpoint version?

There was some confusion as the intial pics for flashpoint seemed to be Yen's more common spiky hair cut. Z has sculpted both but needs enough interest to cast up both. So we're trying to see where we are actually at. If I get time tonight I'll do up a summary of what movies each look would be good for.

Spikey Hair Donnie Yen

3622063212_4a2842fbe8.jpg

Killzone (aka SPL)

spl4.jpg

Donnie-Yen2.jpg

Blade II

2001_blade213.jpg

Highlander - Endgame

2000_highlander01.jpg

I mean look at Z's other work & how many people wanted a specific piece after they were sold through, don't miss out here folks

what's going with this? i thought it was just a commission for flashpoint? as mentioned by ts on page 5....so will this head be casted or not?...

knucklefunger X2
krec9
carbo-fation
Jedi Kashan X2
Lord Azrael X2
Sixtus 56
Chouzi

Chouzi, thank you for pushing this to 10 & to everyone else who has committed to this work. Gonna contact sculpt master Z to get things goin. The Flash Point look shall be it

what's going with this? i thought it was just a commission for flashpoint? as mentioned by ts on page 5....so will this head be casted or not?...

I've PM'd z to clarify - I believe we have enough to get the flashpoint version cast but are probably short on the spikey hair version (which kind of suprises me based on what it can be used for).

I wanted to check a couple of other matters - my thoughts were to close this thread and open two others, one for each version so that we can be clear on numbers without confusion and go from there. I believe both are ready to cast based on the images posted. Once Z lets me know I'll post the outcome here and links to any new threads people need to confirm on.

Cheers!

I got a reply from Z today, so I'm now splitting this thread has now been replaced by two separate commission threads. If a mod sees this they can lock this thread as it is now superceded by the two below.

1. Flat Hair Donnie Yen

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1770415

2. Spikey Hair Donnie Yen

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1770421

As the "Flashpoint" look was the original intent, I proposed and Z agreed that this be the first sculpt off the mark. The Spikey Hair will then follow. If you have paid a deposit, please add yourself to the relevent thread. If you have not paid a deposit - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!! Go to the relevent thread, add yourself and shoot the deposit off to Z.

The bald head may be offerred in the future if there is sufficient demand.

Last edited:
I was told today tha the Ip Man licence has not gone to Hot Toys or Enterbay!!

Some other HK figure company, not sure who.

I was told today tha the Ip Man licence has not gone to Hot Toys or Enterbay!!

Some other HK figure company, not sure who.

Well honestly given the price of enterbay figures I think you'll have something at least as good if not better with Z's sculpt, a good paint job and a truetype body - its not like the costume is unusual.

Whoa...It might be DiD. No matter who does it, I'm in. In the meantime I can't wait for this custom Donnie to be finished.

Back