does the Hot Toys brown box have value?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quiggle

Super Freak
Reaction score
do any of you keep the brown boxes because they have value or just discard them? I want some feedback before deciding whetrher to throw mine out or not? thanks!

If you are going to keep the box that the figure came in anyway why not take up the miniscule extra space to protect it from damage?

thanks everyone, the only thing I worry about is that the brown box seems to be a cheap type of cardboad that probably has a lot of acid in it so it might end up breaking down the box the figure is in. and its too snug a fit to first wrap the figure box with buffered tissue paper and then reinsert it into the brown box.

I sell my shipper boxes separately on ebay. I get around 20 bucks for them, mostly from New Zealand collectors.

It helps to sell. I keep it... but I don't really mind if the seller doesn't give me one.

Keep it solely to mess with people in ebay auctions.
Advertise your figure as 'mint in box' then ship it loose in nothing but the brown outer box.

WINNING

You could take a picture of poop and call it Hot Toys POS-001, and people would still think it was the greatest POS in the world. . . but it wouldn't stop people from photoshopping it.

value to hospitals and insurance companies when you slice your hand, finger or wrist open on a giant staple? sure.

I keep my brown shipping box and the tissue paper wrapping, until the tissue paper gets destroyed from being reinserted too many times.

It's not as fun as it seems.

I do it mainly for storage purposes, considering I'm usually way too emotionally attached to ever resell any of my toys.

Back