Does Sideshow re-sell damaged statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambasah

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you guys do with damaged returns? Are they re-sold to people on the waitlist? And if so, is the buyer advised?

I was told a year ago from Mike Tolentino that they do not resell the statue but maybe use them for replacement parts. I do think that they sell damaged or imperfection statues at a discount though.

Last edited:
my concern is that there have been reports of people having their waitlist fullfilled, only to receive a "return". One even still had the shipping address from the original buyer!

it depends on the condition, if the return was damaged or has paint issues they wont resell it, but if they deem the statue is in "like new" condition, they will just swap the needed box and/or damaged parts and resell.

Otherwise many of the edition numbers will be missing....

my concern is that there have been reports of people having their waitlist fullfilled, only to receive a "return". One even still had the shipping address from the original buyer!

I was on the Rogue PF waitlist when it was closed and cancelled. If you followed that piece at all, you might recall that a few months later Sideshow sent out an e-mail that a few more came in stock. As I only managed to snag the regular PF, I figured it would be great if I could return that one and get the EX for the same price. However, my fear was that I'd be getting someone's crappy return (given all the problems with that piece).

Ends up no. The Ex I got was actually way better than the regular I already have. The paint app was better and the head did not have those messed up eyes (which my regular had). I might have lucked out, but it definitely was not a return.

on statueforum there is someone who's waitlist for the cobra commander excl. pf converted and when he received the item it had many kinds of damage and it still had the shipping address from the original buyer on it ! so pretty sure he received a return

it depends on the condition, if the return was damaged or has paint issues they wont resell it, but if they deem the statue is in "like new" condition, they will just swap the needed box and/or damaged parts and resell.

The above is speculation as are most of the responses in this thread.

Sideshow does have "damaged" item sales which offer discounts on items that are either returns or otherwise imperfect - these are always clearly identified as such.

There was one guy, on SF I believe, that actually received one of his returns back, as his replacement. So, yes, I do think they pull this on collectors. Too many people have had this issue.

Where there's smoke, there's fire...

I can also say that I am one of those who (suspicously) have had an exclusive convert recently (Cobra Commander PF) and you can believe I'm going to go over every inch with a fine tooth comb to ensure this wasn't a return by someone else.

I don't think they would sell damaged items as new. Would be stupid for a business to deliberately expose a customer to a negative buying experience.

No they don't I received a "NEW" statue with UPS label under someones else.Didn't even open requested a RMA for another one.

Yes there have been a few incidents. A member here or on the other big forum sent his statue back for replacement and got the exact same statue back to him a few weeks later.

Yes there have been a few incidents. A member here or on the other big forum sent his statue back for replacement and got the exact same statue back to him a few weeks later.

It's always best to preface something like this with "someone claimed..." Not everything you hear on the interwebs is 100% gospel.

I've read some reports of this with figures and statues from some of the guys here on the forum. I don't know for sure either way though. Everything I've ever gotten from them seems pretty brand new.

HI All,

I just wanted to clarify some points for the collectors. We do have distressed merchandise offers, which are always DISCLOSED and sold through a separate solicitation than on our main web product pages. In most cases these are box damages, but we do sell distressed products that are marked on the bottom as such. In many cases they are small blemishes that the average collector may not even be able to spot nor care about. Specific blemishes per product are disclosed at the time of sale for each piece so that the collector may have the ultimate decision on whether it will appeal to them.

As far as the Returns process, many of the broken or heavily blemished products are pieced for spare replacement parts if needed or destroyed. There are times where our shipping department may mislabel boxes during the prep process and relabel over them. We also have instances where the collector may not understand that for some statues we can replace their exact edition number but with a new statue. Therefore when they get that edition number back they assume it is the same statue. Our shipping department also may do spot inspections before shipment but this does not mean the statue is old or went to some one else.

If you do experience any weirdness of odd labels during the replacement process please let us know immediately through your returns representative so we can trace what may be the concern.

Back