Does Rogue One detract from A New Hope?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Rogue One detract from A New Hope?

• Yes, RO detracts from ANH

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • No, RO neither detracts from nor enhances ANH

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • No, RO enhances ANH

Votes: 49 62.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
0de.gif

. . .

"Rough One" is a bad film even by PT standards.
And outside of Tarkin's scenes it adds absolutely nothing to "Star Wars".

:lecture:

RO definitely enhances ANH.
It paints a complete picture, it gives better background. RO makes darth vader much more threatening and dangerous

RO explains to us why everyone was so afraid of vader showing.

If anything it makes the duel with obi that much more intense, we know how much vader can do but te fact that he is so restrained with obi only helps to demostrate how threatened vader still felt after all this time.
How careful he was

Without jedis for that matter.
We get to see how the regular people work to defeat them without any magic

My friend dragged me to it and I fell asleep. I thought it was a real turd. No really....I hated this movie.

Doesn't make any difference to ANH though....it only "counts" if you want it to count. I don't.

I don't see why it would. It's not like Rogue One is canon anyways.

That's the spirit. You'll find that the continuities we cling to depend largely on our own point of view. I once thought I could accept the prequels just as much as the OT. I was wrong. They're more CGI now than celluloid. Twisted and evil.

Hmm Rogue One-isms in HS. That actually hadn't occurred to me. Probably because HS takes place what, 10 years before RO?

Perfect time to establish K-2SO type droids... since they only last about 10 years before they totally disappear.

Saw Gerrera's group would be around then too. Maybe Two-Tubes in a cameo.

Back