do you take out the batteries in your figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my original Mk iv and WM batteries the other day, had them stored in ziplock bags. About half of them had leaked.

I checked my original Mk iv and WM batteries the other day, had them stored in ziplock bags. About half of them had leaked.

Faah!!!, i should check mine..did you clean out the battery compartments?.

I meant to say they were already in the ziplock bags - I took them out of the figures on day 1. I checked out of curiosity when this thread came up. I'd definitely check on yours, especially if you have the original batteries in there.

well just wondering, how come the batteries in my watch never leaks after years?

I think batteries only leak once they've gone dead. So if your watch stops working, generally you replace the battery because the watch is something you use often. With those HT uses being such cheap batteries, they go dead faster, and that's when they leak.

(I think).

I don't take the batteries out. I turn the lights on more often than not (at least twice a week if not more) so I feel there's no point in taking them out.

If I'm packing one up for what I think may be a year or more yes, if the figures in my case no, I may want to turn the lights on.

I've bought some figures on the secondary market and even though the lights worked, I checked them and they were already leaking. So nothing over a year and a half to two years keeps batteries eve if I bought it brand new.

Came across this blog where the guy stores his batteries in a plastic box in separate compartments according to size. He put double-sided tape on the bottom and sticks the batteries to it to keep the batteries from coming into contact with each other. He says this is to avoid corrosion. Interesting.

6439695967_da4dc315fb_m.jpg

The thing is that once I removed the tiny watch batteries from a HT figure, I don't put any other inside.

I could never figure out how to get the small battery cover on HT iron Man arms off without damaging the area.

The screw on my War Machine's neck will not shift! Batteries locked in I'm afraid! :(

Same happened to mine. I took it to an optometrist and they got it unscrewed for me no problem - and that was after I'd just about rounded the head on the screw.

I always take out the batteries in my figures (Hot Toys, Busts, Transformers, etc) since they'll probably sit in the same pose untouched for years at a time. I don't want to worry about leaking batteries or corrosion.

I find light up features as a gimmick thatI do not care for.

I remove my batteries right away because I don't use the light up feature and I do not want to risk damaging my $200 figure.

Took all the batteries out of all my Predator figures and Iron Man/War Machine..only one that seemed to have some leakage was the chest compartment of MkIV but, it works..everything works still on all figures.

I did discover a issue with my MKIV though, the right arm switch i turned on then off and then noticed the switch had went back deeper in the arm(my nail could barely touch it) then it just ****in' gone..FFS!, also my First Avenger Cap..the fricken red paint just flakes off now in one area..what a pisser!.

That's a good question. Thought about it for a while as well and for now I replaced all batteries to brand batteries, it's not that expensive if you buy them online, but I think that's still no guarantee.

The only batteries I took out and left out were for the Alien Kane figure. I took out the ones on the backpack compartment because they're a pain to get at, and because all they do is light 3 little lights on the backpack that no-one will see anyway.

I left the ones in his helmet, and left the ones on my Iron Man figures. I do use them every so often, and I check on them as well. So far no leaks--except on Kane's helmet but that was easy to clean out.

I may end up taking them all out at one point, but right now I enjoy using them. I like the tip Lejuan posted and may end up doing that.

So, I too have the same problem with War Machine's neck batteries. Any good ideas to loosen it? Same thing with my Luke Bespin Light-up stand.

So, I too have the same problem with War Machine's neck batteries. Any good ideas to loosen it? Same thing with my Luke Bespin Light-up stand.

Unless you have a pro set of jeweller's screwdrivers or similar, and a good clamp, then this:

Same happened to mine. I took it to an optometrist and they got it unscrewed for me no problem - and that was after I'd just about rounded the head on the screw.

Back