Question about batteries

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodonit00

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I got my first Thor, Endgame Thor. Also my first figure that takes batteries. Are the batteries safe for long periods of time or do you all keep them out except for photo ops?

WOW No one has an answer?

Last edited:
I got my first Thor, Endgame Thor. Also my first figure that takes batteries. Are the batteries safe for long periods of time or do you all keep them out except for photo ops?

You should toss the batteries they come with and get new ones from a reputable brand either way. The ones they include with the figures are terrible.

It’s best not to leave them in for long periods. True of anything that takes batteries.

You can look at Soap Reactor as a replacement if you want an alternative that’s a long term solution.

Otherwise best advice I can give you for batteries is to tape them into little rolls to make it easier for yourself.

You should toss the batteries they come with and get new ones from a reputable brand either way. The ones they include with the figures are terrible.

It’s best not to leave them in for long periods. True of anything that takes batteries.

You can look at Soap Reactor as a replacement if you want an alternative that’s a long term solution.

Otherwise best advice I can give you for batteries is to tape them into little rolls to make it easier for yourself.
Thank you

WOW No one has an answer?
It definitely depends on the battery. Always remove any battery with alkaline in it. We’ve all seen these leak. I’ve seen lithium button cell batteries leak white powdery substances as well in watches and garage door openers. That was after many years in storage though. I always remove batteries in anything if I plan on storing it for long periods of time.

Unfortunately all alkaline button batteries will leak irregardless of the brand unless you go for the Lithium versions (which cost many times more and will still leak over few decades). But if you are keen on keeping a battery in on an expensive item it would be best to find the Lithium version of the same size and voltage from Renata or Sony.

I have removed every single battery in my toys i can remember. some of them already leaked and i only wiped it with alcohol. had few digital watches broken due to this.

It definitely depends on the battery. Always remove any battery with alkaline in it. We’ve all seen these leak. I’ve seen lithium button cell batteries leak white powdery substances as well in watches and garage door openers. That was after many years in storage though. I always remove batteries in anything if I plan on storing it for long periods of time.
For Lithium it happens less and the damage is lower though i have had watches broken due to leaks. But we are talking about batteries left dead in the watch for few decades and in not so great condition. Heat and humidity will increase the risk. I prefer Sony (Made in Japan) over Renata though watch guys prefer swiss cheese Renata.

For those that uses AA or AAA i would put some old Eneloops in.

I've had similar concerns with battery-operated figures in the past. While I can't speak to the specifics of your Thor figure, I've found that using high-quality lithium batteries and ensuring proper storage conditions can help prolong their lifespan. However, for extended periods of inactivity, I tend to remove the batteries to prevent any potential issues. It might be worth considering a lithium battery solution from a reputable provider like https://www.batterypkcell.com/ to ensure safety and longevity.

Last edited:
Back