Do you guys listen to any Podcasts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my commute I listen to...

Stuff You Should Know
This American Life Podcast
A Life Well Wasted

video game podcasts:
Various 1UP.com podcasts (Retronauts, 1UP Yours/4 Guys 1UP, etc)
The Geekbox

At first I listened to podcasts just for the news recaps just in case I missed anything, but after a while it becomes kind of like a weekly show I tune into. It's like listening to a bunch of friends you've never met talk about stuff you like and are smarter and better informed than the friends you actually have. :lol

On my commute I listen to...

Stuff You Should Know
This American Life Podcast
A Life Well Wasted

video game podcasts:
Various 1UP.com podcasts (Retronauts, 1UP Yours/4 Guys 1UP, etc)
The Geekbox

At first I listened to podcasts just for the news recaps just in case I missed anything, but after a while it becomes kind of like a weekly show I tune into. It's like listening to a bunch of friends you've never met talk about stuff you like and are smarter and better informed than the friends you actually have. :lol

Stuff You Should Know and This American Life Podcast FTW! :rock

I just checked out A Life Well Wasted... it appears that that is also a video game podcast. :dunno

The only podcast I listen to is The Hamish and Andy Show.........love 'em, love 'em, love 'em :rock

Just subscribed to Hamish and Andy per. your recommendation! Can't wait to hear it!

This is actually a really great idea for a thread. A way for people to find cool podcasts they didn't know about! :)

^^^

Just listened to the latest episode!

Very funny! Like a clean Ricky Gervace (spelling?) show. :)

Thanks again!

No, I like to have a visual, something to look at and watch if I listen to something. Podcasts are always lackluster to me for that reason. Only music can I handle without a visual, and even then I picture the music video in my head.

Vodcasts? A gaming show here on the ABC called Good Game used to have full episode vodcasts, which I got, but now they just allow you to download full eps off their website. Better this way :rock

This is a somewhat old thread that I'm bumping here. I came across it while looking for podcast suggestions.

I really love podcasts. I listen to them mainly as I work at things at home, like cleaning up or drawing, things like that. Oddly though, despite this love, there's only a couple I listen to at the moment. I've tried finding others but so many are just excruciating, it's real tough searching.

My absolute favourite is Tell 'Em Steve-Dave, from Kevin Smith's Smodcast Network. It doesn't feature Smith and you don't need to be a fan of or have any knowledge of Smith to enjoy it, it's basically just these three friends talking, I don't know how to explain it. It's truly great, I tells you. I recommend it over all else.

https://www.smodcast.com/stevedave/

Second to that, is everything else on the Smodcast Network (with the exception of those with Malcolm Ingram, who I find boring as hell), which has been mentioned by a few already. I'm not such a fan of Kevin Smith, I generally find his films unwatchable, but his podcasts are greatly entertaining. Smodcast itself has become kind of hit-and-miss over time but his other podcasts seem consistently great to me.

And I also listen to Snydecast, which is a podcast with Dana Snyder, who voices Master Shake on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I find it kind of uninteresting at times, it's not like all-out entertaining as they spend a lot of time discussing recipes and such things, but still it's enjoyable enough if you're working on something else at the same time.

https://www.asitecalledfred.com/category/ken-pd-snydecast/

Just subscribed to Tell 'Em and Snydecast. Thought it couldn't hurt.

Right now my favorite Podcast is still Hamish and Andy.

Back