Do we need a seperate Horror forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we create a seperate Horror forum?

• Yes

Votes: 58 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
Darklord Dave said:
Okay, riddle me this monster boys - would Aliens and Predator be horror?
How about a Sci-Fi category? Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Star Trek, X-Files, POTA, Highlander. Some of these lines aren't as active as others, but it might be good for newer and future licenses.

I voted yes. I want to see the Hillbillies from Deliverance........

Oh, wait...they're my neighbors....:monkey1

I don't want to get like some other forums where people get frustrated not knowing where to post. For example I wouldn't consider Aliens to be in the same category as Freddy Krueger, but some people might. Thus the confusion begins.

But with all the new members coming in, it does make sense to create a new category.

I say no. I think there comes a point that there is too much segregation in forums. It's more fun to read a blanket forum on everything.

Young fool, only now, at the end, do you understand... :emperor

That's a big yes. Jason Voorhees is what brought me here in the first place. :D

Darklord Dave said:
I don't want to get like some other forums where people get frustrated not knowing where to post. For example I wouldn't consider Aliens to be in the same category as Freddy Krueger, but some people might. Thus the confusion begins.

But with all the new members coming in, it does make sense to create a new category.

Yeah, but I think instances as that will sort themselves out over time. There have been other posts that may fit into more than one forum and you've not banned anyone yet for getting it wrong. :D

And over time with the occasional move here or there that might be necessary by a mod we'll figure out the boundaries.

Now give us that forum :mummy

Darklord Dave said:
Skulking monsters terrorizing and killing people... sounds like horror to me.

I think it would be a great addition to an already amazing discussion board, Dave!

I would say that Alien and Predator could be in horror.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely Horror should have it's own section.

I'd even suggest two sections as follows:

Modern Horror (1970? to current)
Classic Horror (1900 to 1970?)

Modify the years accordingly, but you get the drift.

JS :)

Darklord Dave said:
That's the down side of it: to many categories, and you might loose overview, which could result in missing information. Keep it simple!

Kabukiman said:
Too many categories makes Kabukiman a sad panda.
Now look what you guys have done!

If that hack Whedon can have his own section, then horror definitely deserves its own separate forum.

Nick

My interests primarily lie in the darker side of things anyhow but I'm very fast and loose with my 'Horror'. For example, I'd include X-Files & Outer Limits not to mention Aliens.

What I'm trying to say is...

LET'S HAVE A HORROR BOARD

Double Dare said:
If that hack Whedon can have his own section, then horror definitely deserves its own separate forum.

Nick

My opinion also....:cool:

I voted no. I dont think there's enough Horror stuff released to keep discussions current. And I compare it to the Buffy section, in which I hardly ever go to. I'm a Buffy Fan and only collect certain BUffy items, but since it got it's own section I only been there a few times.

Sure.

As long as those murder-loving, misogynist, "Modern Horror" misanthropes are kept out. :horror

drprtrs.gif

Back