DMK OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE-Let's share the love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me if these pieces are supposed to be this way?

The V shaped "crown" on the top of the head looks ok on the regular face but looks like one side is missing on the battle shield face. It doesn't look broken or like it was a molding error.
p1060068j.jpg

Is the silver paint supposed to be streaked on this piece?
p1060071r.jpg

My face was just like that....but can't tell when it is together.

and no, the paint should not be like that. If you are really careful, a little bit of non acetone nail polish remover on a q-tip will take it of, but use just a little bit and swipe it gently..

anyone know who is next on this line?

i doubt they do any more. but who knows...

starscream would be awesome. maybe someone could finally do an awesome mold of him...havent been overly impressed with the masterpiece offerings so far.

I am working on my swords to give them a molten metal look.. actually, much more difficult than I figure... I still have about 4 more layers of color to do..

cimg0058z.jpg

I got my Prime nearly complete yesterday. I did a little silver drybrushing on the body frame and glossed all the red and blue parts. I still have some detailing to do but I wanted to assemble him to see what was visible since it is easy enough to take apart. I still have a few things to assemble like the doors for the chest and the tank assemblies for the back. I have to say I had a blast putting it together and it is very satisfying to look at an awesome movie accurate looking Prime on the shelf that I put together myself. I just had a few small issues with having to trim up a few pieces to fit better. I also want to try figure out how to install some LED's as well. If the funds are available when the reissue comes out around December, I would love to get a couple more to build up.

I will try get some pictures up later tonight. I need to get a Bumblebee now!

They're putting out a second wave in December? I want this but found out too late to avoid ebay prices.

I am working on my swords to give them a molten metal look.. actually, much more difficult than I figure... I still have about 4 more layers of color to do..

cimg0058z.jpg

Man...i wasnt planning on painting mine, but seeing how awesome he looks with a movie accurate paint job is really tempting.
Awesome job as always Encline!
I ordered my DMK from this site last night for $159 free shipping (£101) https://www.starzmart.com/Transformer-optimus-Prime-1-35-scale-DMK01-Takara-Tomy-TRANS007.html

The one thing I wish it came with was a blaster. Anyone going to make one available? Or maybe the hooks too....:lol

I also wish they would have put an extra ball joint on the base of the thumbs and also extra helmet parts to make two complete heads instead of having to take it apart to switch the face plate. Not a big deal though as I plan on leaving the battle shield head on it.

Anyone have a good site with high resolution reference pictures or pictures they could share for adding some of the paint detail?

They're putting out a second wave in December? I want this but found out too late to avoid ebay prices.

Most Ebay prices aren't too bad considering they are pretty much sold out but you are going to get hit on the shipping since they are all coming from overseas.

I paid $130 + shipping from BBTS.

I got Prime and Bumblebee from HLJ for £101 shipped for the pair. They only have BB left in stock at the moment, but I expect they'll get more Primes in when the second batch comes out. I've been working on Bumblebee on and off for the last 2 weeks, painting up parts as I go. I don't know if BB's supposed to have decals like Prime does, but mine didn't have any so I can't repaint the yellow parts.

Back