DMK OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE-Let's share the love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm familiar with acrylic paint. Is automotive urthane and enamel a sort of paint as well? Sorry quite new to the custom painting scene.
And what's the remaining 5%?

Yes they are. Enamel is another sort of hobby paint that anyone can use, either with a hand brush or an airbrush, but automotive urthane paint is highly toxic and can only be used through an airbrush, not for the casual hobbyist.

I just spent 10 hours putting this together today,i was in no hurry :lol

For such a small model there sure are like millions of pieces to put together,my fat fingers are not meant for small models like this,i was really struggling at times with the smaller pieces.I broke some of it too,it was fun though,the hours went fast.

Prime time ;)

picture001vl.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

So for those who have it, is it that difficult to put together? Im scared to break it while putting it together, but it also looks like alot of fun to build. :dunno

So for those who have it, is it that difficult to put together? Im scared to break it while putting it together, but it also looks like alot of fun to build. :dunno

lots of fun!!!! not difficult at all, just take your time. although assembling the tubes on his chest and doors on his his chest had me cussing like a mofo :peace

Yay, guess what came today...

5978892129_e4783ac34b_z.jpg

Unfortunately, they packed in such a cheap way that half the box got crushed :mad:, but there was a nice suprise attached to the side...

5979447830_9d6c4e2795_z.jpg

Battle hooks!!! I thought this was some kind of exclusive, I bought the kit off ebay, so no idea this was included.

Now to building this baby!!!

Niiice, you should make a group purchase and sell those weapons as a kit.:clap

Thanks guys. Slideshow sucks though... sigh.

Here are some shots that are clearer.

IMG_6597.JPG

IMG_6594.JPG

IMG_6580.JPG

IMG_6589.JPG

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6603.JPG

IMG_6558.JPG

Yay, guess what came today...

Unfortunately, they packed in such a cheap way that half the box got crushed :mad:, but there was a nice suprise attached to the side...

5979447830_9d6c4e2795_z.jpg

Battle hooks!!! I thought this was some kind of exclusive, I bought the kit off ebay, so no idea this was included.

Now to building this baby!!!

Sweet, how much did you get the kit for?

Wow, mines was shipped out on the 19th and never expect to see it today when I went to my parents place. SAL shipping from Tokyo in a week. Now waiting for Bee to arrive to build first

ed26a68d.jpg

I need a cheap but good looking gun for this kit. I want it to be matched with the movie. Which figure has this scale gun?

Just finished building mine, but it came with one wrong part, I got two right pieces of the blue shoulder plate instead of one left and one right, ugh!

Just finished building mine, but it came with one wrong part, I got two right pieces of the blue shoulder plate instead of one left and one right, ugh!

I got an extra blue shoulder plate but I don't remember which side it is. I will check tonight and let you know if I have the one you need.

Last week if anyone can remember I posted my kit was packaged with 2 of the same pieces. I was pretty bummed out about it. I tried emailing all of the big (and some little) online retailers who carried the kit to see if they had any returns so I could buy the piece off of them. Sadly no one had any.

In a last ditch effort, I somehow navigated through the Takara Tomy website and found their customer service form (completely in ___anese). Using Google Translate and a lot of patience I filled out the form to the best of my ability. I knew it was a long shot, but I figured I would try anyway.

The next morning I check my email and I get this email :)...........

Takara Tomy said:
We thank you for loving TAKARATOMY products.
We are sorry for this inconvenience caused.

Please be advised that a missing part is on its way.
Usually our service is only for domestic,
but we send you the replacement part for this time.

Again, we are sorry for the above inconvenience caused,
but your kind and understanding and cooperation would be highly
appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

TAKARATOMY Customer Service Dept

Today I get home and I received a parcel which was shipped EMS from Takara. It was packaged really nicely and to my surprise it was almost the entire A sprue. I now have the part I needed and a few extras.

Takaraisawesome.jpg

I have to say I am really impressed by Takara Tomy and I just want to say thank you for helping me out guys, I really appreciate it :)

Cool, how long did the process take when you requested it? I'll check my pieces before I start building it. Glad you got your missing piece and then some.

Last week if anyone can remember I posted my kit was packaged with 2 of the same pieces. I was pretty bummed out about it. I tried emailing all of the big (and some little) online retailers who carried the kit to see if they had any returns so I could buy the piece off of them. Sadly no one had any.

In a last ditch effort, I somehow navigated through the Takara Tomy website and found their customer service form (completely in ___anese). Using Google Translate and a lot of patience I filled out the form to the best of my ability. I knew it was a long shot, but I figured I would try anyway.

The next morning I check my email and I get this email :)...........

Today I get home and I received a parcel which was shipped EMS from Takara. It was packaged really nicely and to my surprise it was almost the entire A sprue. I now have the part I needed and a few extras.

Takaraisawesome.jpg

I have to say I am really impressed by Takara Tomy and I just want to say thank you for helping me out guys, I really appreciate it :)

photo1-1.jpg

This is my first custom paint job...Bumblebee Leader Class...He isnt done yet...still need to put on some brass and other touchups.

Back