Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>_< I actually do need a better chair for that area. And you live in NJ too? I live in tenafly, on the north side of the garden state.

Toy is my life!

Ah North Jersey ... i'm more central. I live in the South Brunswick area. Us jersey guys gotta stick together lol

Using adhesive between the Pax and Acrylic hinges is not a good idea and I'm surprised they recommended it. Even if the adhesive were infinitely strong with a perfect bond, the lamination on the frame could peel and cause the whole thing to fail. But there's no such thing as infinite bond and I don't think you'll get a suitable bond with the product you've used.

The right solution is a hinge that's solvent welded to the door with holes for fastening with screws to the particle board frame.

Gotcha. I'm going to drill into the hinges tonight and run some support tests to see if it will support it.

Here's my complete 93" pax with 2 sheets of acrylic. I measured wrong, so the seam will be visible but it doesn't bother me. The bottom will be filled in once I receive the statues from SS.

11051944_10205535640581625_8181474740651312103_n.jpg

^^^^

Congrats on the finished project. It's nice to know that with a PAX you can stuff so many more statues.

Wow, beautiful setup! Looks spectacular. Love the Batman glassed display. Very cool stuff.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

EDIT:
After reading through the thread it appears the way to do it is to buy the Auli doors and you can then remove the dividers, then you have to measure the whole space within the door and order custom plexi.....right????

ORIGINAL POST:
Can I ask where you got the clear glass doors from? I'm assuming they are mounted on a PAX?

Any info you can give me would be great. I have Besta's but I've got some 1:3 scale statues on order that will not fit.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
EDIT:
After reading through the thread it appears the way to do it is to buy the Auli doors and you can then remove the dividers, then you have to measure the whole space within the door and order custom plexi.....right????

That's correct. Once you have your doors in hand, you see there is a lip around the perimeter, and the acrylic panels will slide beneath the lip. Make sure you take that into account when measuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT:

ORIGINAL POST:
Can I ask where you got the clear glass doors from? I'm assuming they are mounted on a PAX?

Any info you can give me would be great. I have Besta's but I've got some 1:3 scale statues on order that will not fit.

Thanks in advance!

Correct!

I got more toys than my daughter >_<

Alright, didn't update for couple month and here are some new pics today.
First is the overall look.

View attachment 173580

Toy is my life!

Are the half sized shelves you're using 13 3/4" deep? Like the one with the Hot Toys 1/4 Endo on it...They appear shallower than mine, and I have the 13 3/4", but it might just be the perspective of the photo. Thanks!

Are the half sized shelves you're using 13 3/4" deep? Like the one with the Hot Toys 1/4 Endo on it...They appear shallower than mine, and I have the 13 3/4", but it might just be the perspective of the photo. Thanks!

I customized those using my table saw and its only about 10]3/4" after I cut it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427251431.837024.jpg

I got more toys than my daughter >_

As I suspected. Thanks for the info. Wish I had a table saw, I'd cut mine down too. They're kind of impractical being so deep, not much will fit in front of them.

Exactly! and because it's designed for the 19" deep pax wardrobe, so the holes on the bottom also need some modification.
You can cut it down also using circular saw or mister saw. What ever you have.

I got more toys than my daughter

I used to crash in Elizabeth when I worked at EWR. Beautiful part of the country. :wink1:

Browse Pax by SYSTEM/SERIES and then go to FRAMES only. Don't browse a complete Pax combination made of a lot of products you don't need (like the doors, racks, etc.) Any Pax will easily fit 1/4 scale statues, even the narrow one. You might want the widest one if you want more than one statue per shelf - and you'll want to look into reinforcing the shelves.

You might also be interested in this mockup I put together (all IKEA parts, requires third-party slide rail):

IKEA-PAX+Besta---Sliding-Glass-Doors.jpg

Browse Pax by SYSTEM/SERIES and then go to FRAMES only. Don't browse a complete Pax combination made of a lot of products you don't need (like the doors, racks, etc.) Any Pax will easily fit 1/4 scale statues, even the narrow one. You might want the widest one if you want more than one statue per shelf - and you'll want to look into reinforcing the shelves.

You might also be interested in this mockup I put together (all IKEA parts, requires third-party slide rail):

View attachment 178098

Much respect Pixelpiper. :clap What third party slide rails are needed? I might build another single pax unit and this looks great.

Back