Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, I imagine these PAX units block most of the dust... How often generally do you have to clean off statues and dust inside?

Almost never. With doors on them they are pretty much dust free.

VyJxN.gif

awesome to know! thanks again man

Made a detour through Phoenix and picked it all up. Gonna have some fun getting it all together when I get back. :yess:

I ordered a huge PAX and corner PAX this last weekend. I was going to pick them up but the closest IKEA is about 4 & 1/2 hours away so it's worth it to just have them shipped. The only thing that irritates me is that they don't sell extra corner unit shelves. I think I'm going to have to wait until it gets here and make a couple more myself. The only thing left to do is order acrylic panels for the doors.

I ordered a huge PAX and corner PAX this last weekend. I was going to pick them up but the closest IKEA is about 4 & 1/2 hours away so it's worth it to just have them shipped. The only thing that irritates me is that they don't sell extra corner unit shelves. I think I'm going to have to wait until it gets here and make a couple more myself. The only thing left to do is order acrylic panels for the doors.

Hell yeah man. I didn't even know they made corner Pax's. The endo will fit perfectly. :yess:

question, I got the Striberg lighting strip system with the ansluta power cord and connection cords but I think I forgot to pick up some kind of hub unit. Here's the cord:

ansluta-intermediate-connection-cord__72836_PE189046_S4.JPG

is this the hub unit? I think it is but its hard to see the connection sockets and they look more square than rectangular...

ansluta-electronic-transformer-white__0312036_PE429689_S4.JPG

ANSLUTA Electronic transformer - IKEA

Mine are each connected to the sqaure power brick that came with the light, then interconnected via those ansulta cords. Sorry not sure how to use the hub. I wish they made the power wire to the light itself longer.

aaaaalright... so you can connect those power bricks together. The lady at IKEA was telling me I needed a 10-port central hub to put in the middle of the back and connect all the strips to it and then she didn't add it to the list so I didn't pick it up :slap Ok this should work. Thanks again man.

Got one unit about put together :yess:

aaaaalright... so you can connect those power bricks together. The lady at IKEA was telling me I needed a 10-port central hub to put in the middle of the back and connect all the strips to it and then she didn't add it to the list so I didn't pick it up :slap Ok this should work. Thanks again man.

Got one unit about put together :yess:

The hub might work even better, not sure. Make sure you have all the wires/power brick secured so they're not hanging and eventually come unplugged. I have the top shelfs bricks secured to the wall behind the unit at the outer edges using nails to support the power bricks. I'm glad I did because when I added shelves with lights I was able to add more bricks with easy access to hook them up.
This looks bad with flash but in person it's all hidden and dark in the back.

Last edited:
awesome dude, thanks for the pics and the help. Figuring out which parts to put together first is tricky. Right now I'm hooking the lights up on the shelves, but I'm having to skip the top till I get the door frame together cuz I'm not sure how it attaches yet. Still gotta get the second half together :lol

awesome dude, thanks for the pics and the help. Figuring out which parts to put together first is tricky. Right now I'm hooking the lights up on the shelves, but I'm having to skip the top till I get the door frame together cuz I'm not sure how it attaches yet. Still gotta get the second half together :lol

You can finish building the Pax units, connect the two and make sure they're square and level, add shelves w/lights and run wiring, then attach the sliding door rail across the top of the combined units, then hang the doors. I agree though, it's difficult to know what to build first. I got the doors later, and I recommend doing them after the dual Pax unit is completely finished with shelves installed.

I can't believe Home Depot doesn't carry metric drill bits :gah:

I need that 5mm to drill through and bolt together. These units come with every fixing you can think of, you'd think it would have come with a small cheap bit. Might try a hobby store if they're open today...

I can't remember what size I used, but it doesn't need to be exact. Go with whichever bit fits in the peg hole then go one size bigger if it needs widened a bit to get the bolt in. It'll work my friend. :wink1:

Well got it all together. Lights mounted, door tracks installed, now comes the fun part- cutting the acrylic sheet to size :pow

Looks good crumb! It's funny I keep my guitar in basically the same spot next to my display cabinets.

Back