Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FOX Resumes Talks With Disney! Most People Happy!

**** Fox recasting everyone start fresh don’t do no more magneto .

If this actually does happen... Man, I've grown tired of the MCU, but this might be just what they need to revitalize it. Crazy to even think about it. We'll see anyway...

Meh... was never a huge fan of the X-Men or the FF comics, so I'm still done with the MCU after A4.

Good to see this getting close to happening, although could still fall apart or the regulators could block it, although that's unlikely. Sure the big item for fans will be bringing the X-Men and Fantastic Four back into the Marvel fold. Hopefully Marvel with completely reboot the franchise and put an end to the Singerverse (who was just fired by Fox). Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are pretty much in the can, but I'm guessing that will be it. This will no doubt be a huge game changer for the MCU release schedule, and a lot of movies will probably get shuffled around. However I think they've been factoring the contingency in for several months. When Feige mentions 20 upcoming Marvel movies, he probably had some X-Men and FF titles in mind. Marvel could start teasing the X-Men as early as Avengers4 with an after credits and probably have a movie out by 2021. The FF would probably be easier to integrate into the storyline with just a few scenes. They could be monitoring the developments from Earth. Of course that's providing they could cast the team that quickly. If not they could probably get having an actor standing in for Reed at a huge Kirbyish computer console shot from behind from and having a comic-accurate Thing arm in the shot and Ben Grimm saying a line or two. That would probably make the most sense because they really need the time to get the casting, tone and script right. However one big plus about getting the FF license is being able to bring over Silver Surfer and Galactus, with the most logical place being in Guardians of the Galaxy. I wonder if James Gunn is just chomping at the bit, because that would be perfect. He may even already be working on a script.

The other big thing Disney will get is the Avatar franchise. Who knows how well it will perform no longer being a novelty, but it does seem a more natural fit for the studio.

So who should they cast as Doom?

giphy.gif

tumblr_nm3uv6DCuc1u1izrjo1_500.gif

tenor.gif

So who should they cast as Doom?

Hawley's choice was Mads Mikkelsen which is quite frankly perfect casting. Sadly, Disney already wasted Mads on that bull**** Doc Strange movie.

Yep, a few others off the top of my head..

Lupita got wasted if she could have been Storm
Ben Barnes wasted on Jigsaw if he could have been Gambit

and so forth...

Yep, a few others off the top of my head..

Lupita got wasted if she could have been Storm
Ben Barnes wasted on Jigsaw if he could have been Gambit

and so forth...

Again, another reason for why I hope this merger doesn't happen. A Mikkelssen Doom origin film via the awesome Noah Hawley is something I don't wanna miss out on just so Reed Richards can crack jokes with Bruce Banner and Thing can have a pointless, bull**** fight with Hulk.

Quality over quantity. Always.

Again, another reason for why I hope this merger doesn't happen. A Mikkelssen Doom origin film via the awesome Noah Hawley is something I don't wanna miss out on just so Reed Richards can crack jokes with Bruce Banner and Thing can have a pointless, bull**** fight with Hulk.

Quality over quantity. Always.

Quality over quality. ( makes a horrible fantastic 4 film with glowing doom)

Give me that thing vs hulk fight!

Hawley's choice was Mads Mikkelsen which is quite frankly perfect casting. Sadly, Disney already wasted Mads on that bull**** Doc Strange movie.

That would have been perfect. Although Brolin now plays two MCU characters. Mads can always end up turning into Doom (Disney logic and all).

There's a bunch of talented actors that can jump into the MCU and bring life into the characters. Just no more JLaw

:lol :lol :lol

Sorry Snikt you can’t talk your way out of this one.

Trank's [Ultimate] FF film was solid in its first two acts. Third act was almost non-existent and re-shot to hell. So we'll never know how good said film was until the DC is released.

Back