"Disgusting" toys - help needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a favor to ask from you. I have a presentation for a research proposal for class on wednesday about differences in dealing with disgust between boys and girls. I want to show lots of pictures of disgusting toys (which to my knowledge are pretty much exclusively marketed to boys) to make the point that boys are for some reason fascinated by and drawn to disgusting things.

So if you know of any disgusting toys you could post pictures of, that would be awesome. :D
I'm thinking of toys for children, so no McFarlane type statues (Humpty Dumpty comes to mind).

A parade example would be Muckman from TMNT:

tumblr_lhdckhktD11qzbqf4o1_500.jpg

Or something like this:
81FZVc51WyL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks guys. :)

I had both of those :lol

I only had Muckman out of those two. :lol

It's funny that I have found zero literature so far on gender differences in disgust sensitivity in children, yet disgusting things are marketed to boys so heavily.

Awesome, thanks. :wave How could I forget about Boglins? I loved those.

I was also going to mention Madballs, and the generic imitators of them out there. There were some small, gumball machine sized Garbage Pail Kids out there, as well.

Hi guys, I have a favor to ask from you. I have a presentation for a research proposal for class on wednesday about differences in dealing with disgust between boys and girls. I want to show lots of pictures of disgusting toys (which to my knowledge are pretty much exclusively marketed to boys) to make the point that boys are for some reason fascinated by and drawn to disgusting things.

So if you know of any disgusting toys you could post pictures of, that would be awesome. :D
I'm thinking of toys for children, so no McFarlane type statues (Humpty Dumpty comes to mind).

A parade example would be Muckman from TMNT:

tumblr_lhdckhktD11qzbqf4o1_500.jpg

Or something like this:
81FZVc51WyL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks guys. :)

Is that Eddie Murphy jr on the right?

the Ghostbuster line of toys had some nasty ghosts and monsters:

315.jpg

tumblr_mnwadieLfg1r94tjzo1_500.jpg

IMGP0402.JPG

il_570xN.317300093.jpg

images

ghostcardedslimer.jpg

I remember wanting these as a kid... my folks wouldn't buy them for me. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-McbU4pEAjI[/ame]

Clive Barker's Tortured Souls. Those might still be too graphic for some people whether they're male or female.

Back