Differences in the Iron Man 2 Mark 4 over the Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I much prefer the Mark III suit. I like the streamlined look better than the awkward, hard-edged bulges of the new suit.

I think I much prefer the Mark III suit. I like the streamlined look better than the awkward, hard-edged bulges of the new suit.

i agree, dont like it either, just waiting on what war machine will look like, imagine a 1/2 war machine maquette :monkey5

WAR MACHINE:

122mfye.jpg

The facial structure looks like the Mark 4 and according to attendees of the panel his color scheme is Silver and Black, not shades of Grey.

Is the alcoholism not in this story? I thought that it would be, so they can introduce War Machine.

i recall reading that the alcoholism plotline is not directly explored in part2.

probably jon favreau wants to show stark's drinking problem as a gradual descent, so my guess is it'll be a more prominent aspect of the story in part3.

as for the armour, i'd like to see a film version of the stealth armour...

wow, did anyone hav a clear picture of the back of the new mark 4 suit ?

where did ur get this picture from ??

Not that we needed it but official poster given out at Comic-Con confirmed that this design is officially titled "Mark IV"

BHRQuCGkKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmTDiBKqVjI4Cw.jpg

personally, just based on design characteristics alone the Mark 3 feels like a newer suit than the Mark 4 ... :monkey1

The mk IV is awsome, cant wait to see it in action, ilove how it is a different suit but has the same "feel" to me. also cant wiat to see hottoys ver. im hoping it has even more features/weapons systems than the mkIII.
but my dream is a hottoys Extremis suit :D

I have a feeling War Machine products will mimic the Iron Man products for next year. A War Machine 1:1 bust, a War Machine maquette probably even a 1:2 scale maquette.

The Mike...who is the new disposable pleasure in your sig? Do you have a list somewhere we can consult or something?

The Mike...who is the new disposable pleasure in your sig? Do you have a list somewhere we can consult or something?

:lol This one is Rhian Sudgen, a nice UK model. As for the list I probably should try to compose one.

WAR MACHINE:

122mfye.jpg

The facial structure looks like the Mark 4 and according to attendees of the panel his color scheme is Silver and Black, not shades of Grey.

Now I'm going to definatley going to go broke. Mark IV and or V and Warmachine probably. (hopefully in 1/4th not 1/2)

and I'm still on the fence for the 1:2 MK III. :google :google

I like the MarkIV, but I agree that the changes are too subtle for casual fans to pick up on. If they would have put a Triangle light on the chest instead of a circular one, it would bring a better sense of progression, as well as being a neat little tie in to the Extremis suit.

Hopefully they explore the Alcohol angle in part 3. I am hesitant as to how an extremis story line would translate on the big screen though. I know it’s a completely far fetched film about a billionaire with a battery in his chest flying around in an iron suit, but I don’t know if a flying armored suit that is stored in someone’s bones can be made to work on the live action big screen.

I think this is the Mark 5 action figure from Hasbro. Looks alot like mark 4, but note the chest design.

mark5.jpg

I know you have already mentioned it, but the thighs grabbed me first, (no pun intended). Look a lot sleeker that way.

I don't know. I think I like the armor on the Mark III's legs more. Maybe it's just me, but the Mark III looked absolutely perfect, and it's hard to improve on what was already a great looking piece of armor. Maybe I've just grown too accustomed to looking at the Mark III in it's current configuration. Perhaps when the movie is out and I've seen it in action I'll warm up to the Mark IV a bit more. Plus it stays faithful to idea that Tony can't leave anything well enough alone and has to make improvements.

I think this is the Mark 5 action figure from Hasbro. Looks alot like mark 4, but note the chest design.

mark5.jpg

Yeah, that one was the point of major specualtion at SDCC especially because one of the banners also had the Triangular Chest Emblem on it as well. It should be interesting to see if this is the natural progression making it look more like the Extremis. Of course its also possible that Hasbro was using conceptuals to make their figures which they and other toy companies often do. I think I read somewhere that the Hasbro IM figures are set to drop in either December or January so hopefully it'll clear up then if not sooner.

Back