Die Hard - John McClane - Nearly Finished

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiggsMcClane

Super Freak
Reaction score
With an avatar and username like mine you're bound to eventually do a Riggs or McClane custom. Since Riggs head sculpts are hard to come by I chose McClane. There are several Willis sculpts out there and I ultimately picked up a headplay version from evilbay. The catch was that he's bald. So I made him a little hair.

hairsculpt.jpg

I molded the sculpt and cast a resin toupee.

Finally, I trimmed the neck to fit a ttm19 style body and painted it. Though it doesn't show there are both low and high lighting in the hair. Also through in a little battle damage.

hairsculpt2.jpg

Re: Die Hard - John McClane

Thank you guys. Should look a little better once it's glued down. Have a body inbound and working on the accessories.

Bodies in. I took one pass on battle damage and one on grime. I'm really not sure how far I want to take it but I'm happy with it at the moment. I'll be able to adjust it when his clothing and accessories get in.

johnbd1.jpg

johnbd2.jpg

Re: Die Hard - John McClane - Battle Damage

Since I can't sell anything on this site (I'm not a premium member) I'll give you a free set of decals (skull and forearm list). Just shoot me a PM. I'll even pay the postage.

Whoa, okay. Appreciate you guys chiming in.

Bodies in. I took one pass on battle damage and one on grime. I'm really not sure how far I want to take it but I'm happy with it at the moment. I'll be able to adjust it when his clothing and accessories get in.

View attachment 156289

View attachment 156290
good to see someone using the actual movie as a reference and not someones inaccurate custom
good job

Thanks. I kind of got into the habit while making prop replicas.

It's a tamiya mix of red and black. Went on really well and hasn't had any rub off yet. :)

Got these in.

6scalediehard.jpg

I also received a pair of "gray" slacks that arrived brown. Tank top is on it's way but I'm still on the hunt for an appropriate black bag, lighter, and pack of cigarettes.

Shirt came in after about a month. lol Here he his sans weathering, tattoos, etc.

johnfull1_zpsqurehnqs.jpg

I apologize for the lack of updates on my custom/kitbash work. I've had a few full scale commissions come in and they've consumed my time. Here's John's finished tank. I went for a mid range look because I felt the shirt might become to dark to show enough layering. I used tea and coffee stains for the initial discoloring. I then did the look of the blood from the first still. Weathering from the second. It's a bit darker in person.

johnshirt_zps8xov9jzu.jpg

That's looking pretty cool.

I have a Mel Gibson head sculpt - though it is Mad Max, you can probably easily do the Lethal Weapon hairdo - in case you are interested.

I keep postponing updates in hopes of finding a decently priced watch and shoulder bag but it hasn't happened yet. So, he's nearly done with the exception of those and his tattoos. Do you guys use anything special for a better hold with decals? Thainer gave me a set but I had trouble with them pulling away from the figure afterward. I also decided against making him scene specific and just went with a greatest hits version.

johnfull4_zpswgxbpg5l.jpg

Also, awesome set of all red decals from Evilface!

Back