Did ones1customs leave us?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many many eons ago, when I was a mere lad of 19---I ordered a resin model kit from a small "company"(a couple of brothers) which shall remain nameless. It was a kit of one of Vincent Price's characters. Not much had been done of Vinney at this point---so I paid immediately! Ready to get to work on this beauty!!

1 month, turned to 2, then 3, then 6, then 8. I stopped calling the guy. Because I called multiple times beforehand and got excuses about resin fumes being hazardous, about it being a part time gig, sick parents, pet dogs being hit by presidential motorcades, Cthulhu rising up from the ocean's depths and causing typhoon like conditions in their area, just anything to shut me up and string me along.

They lived 3 1/2 hours from me. I could've walked the distnace there and back twice in 8 months. They just wanted to keep my money and hope that I got tired and "wrote it off".

I was just going to do that very thing. "It takes money to go to college" after all. But then I made one last ditch effort. I left a message on their answering machine and basically threatened them. I told them I would call the magazine they ran their ads in ---and anyone else who would listen----and tell my story.

3 days after that call I got my kit via priority mail.

It was a decent kit for its time. But after the hell I went through to get it----I didnt want it in my collection. I traded it immediately.

A customizers work can be solid, even amazing. But if they refuse to maintain contact with you after you have paid them: drop them like a hot potato and let others know your story. When the money tap dries up, they may re-evaluate their customer service. Money talks.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Appreciate that.
I remember when cthulu made a brief appearance all those aeons ago. ;-)
He may have my money, but he won't take my sense of humor......straight away.

One is my dawg weather he disappears or not. He is the brother that makes the best Myers then anyone no matter what people think. If you people notice not only One but alot of the good customizers out there also are slow at replying. Im not saying no names but One is not the only one to take forever in replying. There some here that i have been willing to spend big bucks in there work when its available and they tell me "Yes i will sell you one of my pieces" and then just disappear. So this happens with alot of the good *** customizers not only with one. I know once some of you freaks on here read this that ya will agree wit me.

tumblr_me9pwu9NJw1r7s6oso1_250.gif

It was a decent kit for its time. But after the hell I went through to get it----I didnt want it in my collection. I traded it immediately.

A customizers work can be solid, even amazing. But if they refuse to maintain contact with you after you have paid them: drop them like a hot potato and let others know your story. When the money tap dries up, they may re-evaluate their customer service. Money talks.
Funny, I was just posting about my attempt to get a DarkArtist Ash several years ago, and I had a similar experience. He finally shipped me a rough, unpainted cast and some other parts after much hassle, and once I got it I just wanted to get rid of it and did, even though it was a great head sculpt mod and in hindsight it could have saved me a lot of trouble to keep it rather than offloading it.

Funny, I was just posting about my attempt to get a DarkArtist Ash several years ago, and I had a similar experience. He finally shipped me a rough, unpainted cast and some other parts after much hassle, and once I got it I just wanted to get rid of it and did, even though it was a great head sculpt mod and in hindsight it could have saved me a lot of trouble to keep it rather than offloading it.

Yeah---it might seem illogical. But my deal was this: If I kept it, every time I would look at the thing---it would make me ticked off remembering what happened. So it had to go.

Funny, he has time to make a new TCM custom but not make good on old deals. Sorry but there isn't an excuse you could give me to make sense out of that.

Why bother completing projects that was already paid on and the money was spent eons ago.

I would have jumped at the chance to own that tcm figure before but the fact remains I'm still waiting for 2 full figures from one. If you're reading this, please send me a pm. I've been sending you loads of messages but no response.

Its a bummer. I love horror figures and want to own a custom one day bit I'd never buy from One. Sorry, I just wouldn't chance it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Funny, he has time to make a new TCM custom but not make good on old deals. Sorry but there isn't an excuse you could give me to make sense out of that.

Why bother completing projects that was already paid on and the money was spent eons ago.

You're making too much sense.

You answered your own question, you know? He has already been paid. So the money is gone. :monkey3 Gotta work on things that will bring in more $$.

Its a bummer. I love horror figures and want to own a custom one day bit I'd never buy from One. Sorry, I just wouldn't chance it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

good thing for you there are alot of good people who sell ones customs figures so u could get one if you really wanted one

I'm sure people won't be surprised but I still haven't heard anything from One.
Have sent more pm's here, tried sending messages through ebay and have even posted comments on his latest YouTube video. Didn't post the full details on YouTube but that might change soon.
He seems like a cool guy in his vids so why treat people like this?
Are there other people out there that are still owed items from him? Speak up.

Have sent more pm's here, tried sending messages through ebay and have even posted comments on his latest YouTube video. Didn't post the full details on YouTube but that might change soon.

Write it off and never look back.:peace

Blow up the comment section on every single YouTube video he has telling everybody what a great stand up guy he is. :)

Blow up the comment section on every single YouTube video he has telling everybody what a great stand up guy he is. :)

That's what I was thinking. I think I owe it to people that are thinking of buying stuff from him. There goes almost $700! I haven't looked into it but I'm sure it's too late to go through PayPal. I was going to do that but he contacted me to say that he sent it to the wrong address and it came back to him. If he says that to anyone else just get your money back. I guess it was just a great way to extend my waiting time till I hit the point where I can't get my money back. He used to reply really quickly before he had my money but the second I asked for tracking numbers I never heard from him again. I get that the guy had personal issues but are you seriously telling me he can't spare 30 seconds to send an email?
To top it all off, the full figures were already finished! All he had to do was post them. One has a lot of talent but I would not recommend spending money on his pieces through him. If you can buy them from someone else then that is cool.
All I want is for him to prove me wrong and make things right.
Do the right thing One.
I don't deserve this crap.

I've been reading this thread with interest, perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject could help me?

These are ones1customs right?
2 NOES part one: head set with metal bladed glove and hat?
fred_zps35bae43f.jpg

Back