Dexter Morgan (Showtime series) from Ada!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about a Dexter custom for a while. I may have to give this a try. Ada is so hit or miss it's frustrating, but this one looks like a careful paint job could make all the difference.
Thanks for posting! I haven't checked Ada's listings for a while.
:duff

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Looks spot on to me. One of my favorite shows, now I just need a Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm and maybe a figure from Arrested Development and I'm set for TV figs:chew

I resculpted an existing BBi headsculpt to make my own custom Dexter quite awhile ago, I'm hoping to make a way better version with Ada's sculpt and some more accurate clothing this time around.

dexter1.jpg

As for other tv series, I think a Tommy Gavin (Dennis Leary) from Rescue Me would be awesome to have in my collection. All we need is a good sculpt, there's plenty of fireman gear out there to make that one an easy custom.:chew

I resculpted an existing BBi headsculpt to make my own custom Dexter quite awhile ago, I'm hoping to make a way better version with Ada's sculpt and some more accurate clothing this time around.

dexter1.jpg

As for other tv series, I think a Tommy Gavin (Dennis Leary) from Rescue Me would be awesome to have in my collection. All we need is a good sculpt, there's plenty of fireman gear out there to make that one an easy custom.:chew

I actually like your version much better. Great work!

go buy or rent Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD!

you can find them for download online too, I think Showtime's website even has episodes for download.

ok...so, do my eyes deceive me, or have the pics in that link been edited. :monkey1

The side shots are gone & the face has been altered some...looks like the eyebrows have been changed and the stubble is more pronounced.

or am I just that crazy?

No, you are correct, she's done more work on it, stubble and eyebrows. Wonder which one I'll get. Ordered mine as soon as she released it.
By the way as I said in the thread I started on this a while back, check out profile shots of Michael C Hall and you'll see he does have a very 'flat' profile. She has done well to 'get' that given that most sculptors would tend to revert to what they 'know'.

I ordered mine when it first hit too, I'm curious about what I'll get as well. Hopefully, we can all compare later on.

I think the likeness could be improved if she added some skin detail under the eyes and his smile lines.

Anybody got theirs yet? Still waiting on mine. Anybody save the side-view pics? It's hard to compare profile shots now since they are missing from her page. I'm guessing that she removed them because they looked so off.

Anybody got theirs yet? Still waiting on mine. Anybody save the side-view pics? It's hard to compare profile shots now since they are missing from her page. I'm guessing that she removed them because they looked so off.

I deleted the email I got with the profile shots. But I did check them extensively against the refernce pics I have for Dex and the profile was good as I mentioned before. I for one, am very positive about this sculpt.

Her painted sculpt is passable in a generic sort of way as Dexter, so I'm certain that even better resemblances can be achieved by the great painters around here. I'm really looking forward to seeing the paint jobs from you guys who have bought this one!

Back