Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't post in that thread I actually like that movie.:monkey3

no my point was that people will talk about something for months after it showed.
Dexter just ended some days ago, We are just getting started :lol:lol:lol

Dexter's final season was like watching an inept juggler get pummeled by falling torches, bowling *****, and chainsaws.

Oh man, It's such a shame what happened to this show, I remember being so psyched when the first season was released. After season 4 something just felt so off, I didn't know the main writer had been replaced but it makes perfect sense.

Annoyed-facepalm-picard-l.png

Oh man, It's such a shame what happened to this show, I remember being so psyched when the first season was released. After season 4 something just felt so off, I didn't know the main writer had been replaced but it makes perfect sense.

Annoyed-facepalm-picard-l.png

They got a new show runner after season 4.

I just finished watching the series finale of BrBa last night. It 100% put Dexter to shame. BrBa got it 100% right when it comes to writing a compelling story and finishing it with wit and dignity. Everyone associated with Dexter really should feel embarrassed.

I just finished watching the series finale of BrBa last night. It 100% put Dexter to shame. BrBa got it 100% right when it comes to writing a compelling story and finishing it with wit and dignity. Everyone associated with Dexter really should feel embarrassed.

If you want a good laugh and the pulse of the fans, go to the Facebook page. Everything they posted gets shredded with Lumberjack posts :lol

I'm at episode 15 and the viewing experience could not be more starkly different between the shows. The two will be discussed in film schools for years to come, but for very different reasons.

Weeds ended poorly. Somehow Dexter ended even worse (and that's saying something, Weeds had a crappy ending).

So I've watched the first two episodes of Masters of Sex, which looks like it could be a decent series. But it's on Showtime so I'm dubious. It seems they don't know how to let a show run it's course and end when it's time.

Dexter Writers Weren't Allowed to Kill Dexter -- Vulture
Original article.

Showtime told Dexter writers they couldn't kill Dexter, forcing them to go with only other possible ending | Newswire | The A.V. Club
Little more background on the same article and how Showtime considers Dexter to be their Batman.

That explains some of the creative restriction faced by the writers for the finale. Why didn't Showtime allow Dexter to be dead, are they hoping to revive the character/franchise in some other form/medium in the future?

:lol bulls **t. Focusing on the finale is a smokescreen for everything that went wrong leading up to it. Dexter being alive at the end was a constraint that straitjacketed the writers into delivering what they came up with? Nice try.

:lol bulls **t. Focusing on the finale is a smokescreen for everything that went wrong leading up to it. Dexter being alive at the end was a constraint that straitjacketed the writers into delivering what they came up with? Nice try.

Exactly. You said it.

Also, Showtime considers Dexter their Batman? I don't even have the reaction face to post for this absurdity. **** you Dexter, and **** you Showtime, here's hoping you don't mess up Homeland.

Exactly. You said it.

Also, Showtime considers Dexter their Batman? I don't even have the reaction face to post for this absurdity. **** you Dexter, and **** you Showtime, here's hoping you don't mess up Homeland.

Homeland got pretty crazy in the space of two seasons. The writers have got a bit of recalibrating to do there :lol

I agree. The stench of 24 writing was strong in Season 2. Not that I don't love 24, but I thought Homeland was aiming for a different style.

Dexter Writers Weren't Allowed to Kill Dexter -- Vulture
Original article.

Showtime told Dexter writers they couldn't kill Dexter, forcing them to go with only other possible ending | Newswire | The A.V. Club
Little more background on the same article and how Showtime considers Dexter to be their Batman.

That explains some of the creative restriction faced by the writers for the finale. Why didn't Showtime allow Dexter to be dead, are they hoping to revive the character/franchise in some other form/medium in the future?

I love what someone said in the comments.

About how they had so much restrictions from Showtime that the writers were like, Here you go Showtime! Here, take this crap season and air it :lol:lol

Back