Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's plenty of blame to go around. This show should have done 3 or 4 seasons where there was a plan.

The Trinity season was good, but overall the show died at the same time as Doakes.

:exactly:

I think season 4 was the last of the great seasons.

I just seen the latest episode last night, another boring predictable episode. Thank god this thing will be put out of it's misery in two weeks.

last episode is so freaking bad.... gosh....

can somebody tell me why they plot
Spoiler Spoiler:

WTF ?

Just watched episode 10, wow. It seems like their purposely dragging these for 2 more episodes. :duh

Spoiler Spoiler:

last episode is so freaking bad.... gosh....

can somebody tell me why they plot
Spoiler Spoiler:

WTF ?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

not buying it to be honest....

Looks like the writers forcing kind of happy end for Deb?

ahaha everyone seems to discover that dexter is POS!
it's like that since few years!

I think the surprise is everyone was expecting the show to return to tight storylines since this was the last season. The hope was it would focus the writers and bring out the best in them but they've proven to be a bunch of hacks (including Hall).

i can forgive the bad acting of a child that age (even though i think they could have had harrison a bit more beleivable)...........but for dexter........
Spoiler Spoiler:

seriously?

:lecture I said the same thing when I watched it.
Spoiler Spoiler:

ahaha everyone seems to discover that dexter is POS!
it's like that since few years!

Ray Stevenson's character provided some decent episodes last year. The last 3 or 4 episodes about the firebug were lame, but the writing for Sirko was solid and it looked like they could turn things around.

I thought of listing all the things that have been lame this season, decided that would talke too long. So then I tried to list what they've done right and I'm stumped.

Every time I see Sean Patrick Flanery I think of how the MacManus brothers would know how to deal with Dexter.

"in nomine patri. et fili. spiritus sancti"
dLOZa8F.jpg

I still think that they had 100% decided on having the romance between Debra & Dexter happen. I think they thought they could pull it off, then saw how horrible of a reaction the idea got from the fans, chickened out on it and then they scurried to find some quick fix and end the show. Somebody probably higher up told them to drop the Debra/Dexter love story by fading it out.

Bottomline: The writers are hacks and who ever is in control has clearly given Michael C. Hall too much creative control or control in general.

Basically Seasons 1, 2 and 4 are great with Season 4's last episode feeling like the perfect ending for the series. If you took Season 3, kept the same characters and rewrote alot of it, you'd could make Dexter into a great 4 season series. The problem with Season 3 is trying to have Miguel Prado as a "Big Bad" and The Skinner was such a poorly fleshed out character and basically an afterthought. On Season 3 they forced the badguy role onto Miguel in such an unrewarding way. They should've made The Skinner a more diabolical character and kept Miguel as a friend to Dexter while revealing that Miguel did have some anger issues from his childhood or whatever. I think Dexter and Miguel could've been at odds at the end in a more creative way. To me, Season 3 would've been more interesting had it ended with people feeling satisfied that The Skinner was killed and saddened by what happened to Miguel, instead I ended up feeling the Skinner was a joke that was casually wrapped up too quickly and Miguel was handled poorly just to provide a cheap swerve to the audience.

The whole "Big Bad" thing is what killed alot of the vibe of Dexter. It makes sense that he tracks killers but it doesn't make sense that every other person he meets just happens to be a killer. Now we're at Season 8 and EVERYBODY is a killer even Debra. It wouldn't surpise me if next episode Jamie & Harrison became the first ever Baby Sitter & Kid killing team.

I think Brother Sam was the most random character in this show to date. Man this show has jumped the shark long ago.

I am watching Dexter this season to see him die or get put in jail. That is the only sane endings for this show. The show would have been more interesting if they would have had him on the run for a season because he got caught or in jail trying to figure a way out. It would even been interesting to see him pull a "Rorshach" with the other inmates. If they would let him sleep with Deb, he could have ran off to Kentucky or my end of Tennessee and been shown on Justified.

This season was supposed to be paying for all his code breakage, and killing off LaGuerta. Sure she was an annoying *****, but she didn't deserve to die. The biggest problem with Dexter is he went from a uniquely discriminating and focused killer of killers, to a guy who kills on a whim and when he needs to get out of a jam.

Rita was only interesting is that it challenged his MO and made him even slicker. Apparently MCH loves the idea of using the show to pick up chicks and naturally wanted to have his character do the same. I want Dexter miserable and pissed but on the top of his game.

Back