Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, they are both equally important for him. He coulda just take the usual way out and kill Hannah.

Hannah said to him too as she was taken away "You should have killed me!" Sure Dexter is keeping Deb safe by getting her put away, but the risk in doing so to his secret and the fact of leaving here there after she told him that would surely indicate Dex will kill her, out of love for her and to protect his secret.

From what I understand, if you drown your body will float after death which would lead to the discovery of the body. If you die before drowning, your body will sink. No body to be found.

He had weights chained to the body to keep it from surfacing. I just think it would've been more poetic to just weigh him down and drop him in letting him experience drowning.

He had weights chained to the body to keep it from surfacing. I just think it would've been more poetic to just weigh him down and drop him in letting him experience drowning.

yeah but Dexter needs to kill, he probably needed to have his kill andI don't know if a drowning would be good enough for Dexter

It would have been better for the guy to drown. I agree with that but Dexter probably needed to stab him.

That would be par for the course for Deb this season and a bit of the 6th.

Another thought.

What if Deb intended to kill herself? Were she pushed that far to despair - and I could buy that- I could see her setting up events to take down Hannah.

On rewatch her performance when speaking with Dexter in the hospital was odd and unconvincing. I don't think that's the actress screwing up.

I wonder if the writers know that in real life LaGuerta and anyone who worked directly with Dexter couldn't be involved in the investigation.

Right now the investigation is off the books, or at least she hasn't officially made Dexter the suspect. We'll see next season.

Right now the investigation is off the books, or at least she hasn't officially made Dexter the suspect. We'll see next season.

A second year law student could get any evidence or leads collected by LaGuerta thrown out of court. Just off the top of my head it would be easy to convince a jury LaGuerta has a personal agenda and should not have been at any crime scene where Doakes or Dexter were suspects. Doomsday's blood slide can never be admitted as evidence in a trial. It would be easy to prove LaGuerta never checked it in as evidence and had a private lab administer DNA testing. The chain of custody has been violated.

Other hit shows get police consultants. Dexter needed them long ago.

A second year law student could get any evidence or leads collected by LaGuerta thrown out of court. Just off the top of my head it would be easy to convince a jury LaGuerta has a personal agenda and should not have been at any crime scene where Doakes or Dexter were suspects. Doomsday's blood slide can never be admitted as evidence in a trial. It would be easy to prove LaGuerta never checked it in as evidence and had a private lab administer DNA testing. The chain of custody has been violated.

maybe they will follow this exactly that way and Dexter will be free?

I get you, but I don't think LaGuerta sees the blood slide or any of the other evidences she's gathered as the sort of thing that would put Dexter away. Catch him in the act, as she's trying to do, would make it much harder to get tossed on a technicality.

Let's also remember that Maria's prime motivation here is not to get Dexter locked up, but to clear Doakes' name, and that will happen whatever the outcome of Dexter's trial (or pretrial hearing).

Lastly, the writers have given themselves a small window by having even Matthew's point out she's a ****ty investigator. Sure, something like violating chain of evidence is grade school police work that even the worst cop should get right, but it gives a least a borderline plausibility to her sloppiness. Besides, with Doakes, Quinn and Dexter, Miami Metro isn't exactly home to those who play by the book. Actually, it's a little scary to think Masuka may be the most professional of all of them.

Another thought.

What if Deb intended to kill herself? Were she pushed that far to despair - and I could buy that- I could see her setting up events to take down Hannah.

On rewatch her performance when speaking with Dexter in the hospital was odd and unconvincing. I don't think that's the actress screwing up.

:goodpost:

I like that idea too, that could be a great way to take the storyline. It would make sense that Debra would become hopeless at some point considering all the stuff that's happened. Maybe her idea was to die and then have Hannah take the fall?

like I said, it's gonna take some really good writing to make this last episode work, I hope they can pull it off (they didn't in season 3 but they definitely did in season 4).

I still feel they killed Isaak off way too soon.

I like that idea too, that could be a great way to take the storyline. It would make sense that Debra would become hopeless at some point considering all the stuff that's happened. Maybe her idea was to die and then have Hannah take the fall?

like I said, it's gonna take some really good writing to make this last episode work, I hope they can pull it off (they didn't in season 3 but they definitely did in season 4).

Probably because you feel, like I do, that he was the best part of this season.

I'd be comfortable betting money that most people thought he was the best part of the entire show since Trinity.

I agree with that.

I did like Stan Liddy though. I've give Gellar & Hannah some credit as I thought both had potential for greatness.

I empathize, but better too soon than too late.

The story of the season is not about Dexter and Isaak. It is about Dexter reexamining his place in the world, his relationships with others and taking ownership of his actions. I don't know that keeping Isaak around would have served any purpose other than giving us more Isaak. In an earlier season, dragging it out might have made sense, but with the end of the series in sight, it is important that they stay focused on the final goal.

I empathize, but better too soon than too late.

The story of the season is not about Dexter and Isaak. It is about Dexter reexamining his place in the world, his relationships with others and taking ownership of his actions. I don't know that keeping Isaak around would have served any purpose other than giving us more Isaak. In an earlier season, dragging it out might have made sense, but with the end of the series in sight, it is important that they stay focused on the final goal.

:exactly::goodpost:

Back