Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as Deb being stupid enough to kill Estrada, he didn't go after him until Mathews assured him Laguerta is done and the evidence is conclusive to James Doakes being the Butcher. Dexter thought he was in the clear.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Loving this season - but Dex and Deb arresting Hannah with what she knows is a little suspect. But I'm convinced Deb set her up. I'm a little surprised Dex fell for it, but he sees Deb as his innocent little sister still.

As for Hannah singing - she can make up all the stories she wants, but without any evidence no DA would even charge Dex with anything. So Dexter may not be worried about that.

I am almost positive Debra did not set up Hannah. Deb had no reason to until after speaking with Arlene Shtram, which she was on her way to do. Plus her car was destroyed, can't see Deb smashing her car and almost dying to frame Hannah. Hannah also isn't dumb enough to use the heart attack poison. She would've used Deb's medicine.
I think Hannah loves Dexter too much to talk anyway. Her you should've killed me line kind of said that.

Kamandi said:
1) Physical evidence - check.
None of which that can be linked to Dexter in any way.

Kamandi said:
2) Plastic in kill room invalidates the Doakes frame job
Actually it doesn't. Unless the theory is only one serial killer in the history of mankind has ever used plastic!?

Kamandi said:
3) A witness and near victim ready to testify against Dexter, with a timeline that can be verified by police.
A witness who was released by the same woman who's leading an unauthorized investigation/had a personal relationship with Doakes.

Kamandi said:
Laguerta has enough to make a case to the DA.
And the Defense has more than enough to get the charges dismissed before a trial even begins. :lol

Deb's water bottle had an absurd amount of her own panic anxiety medication (zanax i think)

It was. The label was "alprazolam" which is the generic name for Xanax.

I haven't quite got all of the pieces put together in my head, but I'm totally think Deb did it to herself. She was on her way to see Arlene. What better time to do something to herself and pin it on Hannah? And Deb knows that Dex will choose her over anyone. Not to mention Deb knows Dex is protecting Hannah so there was a good chance that if he had anything she could use, making him think she was in danger was a sure way to get him give it up. She wants her bad. Bad enough to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

I also have a feeling we are going to be left with one hell of a cliffhanger this season.

Last edited:
Something I find hilarious about this show is how Gullible Dexter always is. :lol
Everyone always plays with his head, every season :rotfl he believes everyone.

Is it a possibility that Arlene could've spiked Deb's water bottle?

Also, it would make Hannah even more of an interesting character and a departure from other Dexter characters if she truly did love Dexter for who he really is. What if she killed herself in prison and Dexter found out she was pregnant?

I think Hannah has to be a more meaningful character than just some psycho chick who poisons people's food.

I agree that the last episode was probably the worst of the season but I still think they can save it with a brilliant last episode. It'll take some amazing writing but it could be done and it would set up the possibility for an epic last season. :pray:

I am afraid that they will say that Hannah cannot live without Dexter and do something like kill herself.

This. I don't get all the theories that suggest she will rat Dexter out.

Is it a possibility that Arlene could've spiked Deb's water bottle?

Also, it would make Hannah even more of an interesting character and a departure from other Dexter characters if she truly did love Dexter for who he really is. What if she killed herself in prison and Dexter found out she was pregnant?

I think Hannah has to be a more meaningful character than just some psycho chick who poisons people's food.

I agree that the last episode was probably the worst of the season but I still think they can save it with a brilliant last episode. It'll take some amazing writing but it could be done and it would set up the possibility for an epic last season. :pray:

Again, I really hope you're right.

Last edited:
Deb's water bottle had an absurd amount of her own panic anxiety medication (zanax i think)

So if Deb is framing hannah , she did a good job

I dunno, the water seems kinda blurred out and would taste weird. I doubt anyone who drinks it wouldnt be aware of it :dunno

I'm surprised Dex wouldnt have thought it from that angle. Plus, whats the deal of sharing his biggest secret to some chick only to put her in jail. :duh

I dunno, the water seems kinda blurred out and would taste weird. I doubt anyone who drinks it wouldnt be aware of it :dunno

I'm surprised Dex wouldnt have thought it from that angle. Plus, whats the deal of sharing his biggest secret to some chick only to put her in jail. :duh

I guess his sister's life is maybe more important to him than his secret? :dunno

I guess his sister's life is maybe more important to him than his secret? :dunno

He's his own worst enemy as far as his "secret" goes. If he really did believe Hannah did it, then I'd have to think she's still on his list. Due to his relationship with her being widely known, he can't off her in the usual way. I'd fully support having her taken out though even if she was framed. Tired of these magically insane chicks that cause Dex to come down with a bad case of mommy-daddy-dark passenger(RIP lol). Though let it be said, Yvonne made the character much more tolerable.

Just grabbed these from a vid to take a closer look

I think Dexter slips Hannah something to commit suicide or does it without her knowing

Lets hope this is a dream or :gah:

I wonder if the writers know that in real life LaGuerta and anyone who worked directly with Dexter couldn't be involved in the investigation.

I know! When they showed him walk up in the police station, I LOL'd.

He looked like a zombie roadkill squirrel.

:exactly:

I can take all the Dexter love talk for one reason.... I am almost 100% sure it's all going to end very badly by season's end.

Now, for me the fail of this episode was in the killing of her father. To me, it would've made more sense for Dexter to let the dad drown and let him know he knew about how he did Hannah when she was a child. It would've been more dramatic and poetic. I really feel it was a missed opportunity.

From what I understand, if you drown your body will float after death which would lead to the discovery of the body. If you die before drowning, your body will sink. No body to be found.

It was. The label was "alprazolam" which is the generic name for Xanax.

I haven't quite got all of the pieces put together in my head, but I'm totally think Deb did it to herself. She was on her way to see Arlene. What better time to do something to herself and pin it on Hannah? And Deb knows that Dex will choose her over anyone. Not to mention Deb knows Dex is protecting Hannah so there was a good chance that if he had anything she could use, making him think she was in danger was a sure way to get him give it up. She wants her bad. Bad enough to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

I also have a feeling we are going to be left with one hell of a cliffhanger this season.

I had a feeling before the crash happened that Deb was going to set up Hannah in some way and I still think she did it. For once, she's thinking about herself first and not Dexter.

From what I understand, if you drown your body will float after death which would lead to the discovery of the body. If you die before drowning, your body will sink. No body to be found.

Absolutely not true I'm afraid. Decomposition creates gases which will cause the body to float no matter when death occurred.

Absolutely not true I'm afraid. Decomposition creates gases which will cause the body to float no matter when death occurred.

Then I stand corrected. It was just something that I have heard over the years. I've been meaning to test it out but who's got the time for that? :wink1:

Back