Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit even though I will always be pissed at season 6 for existing
it is really nice to see Dexter again, feels so good

Yes, I have to agree with you about 6, but regardless of the writing and some bad acting, Dexter has to be one of my alltime favorite shows. I have a potluck at my house with my neighbors every Sunday when Dexter is on. It's alot of fun, and I can't wait for the new season...good, or bad! :banana

Well from some of the stills released earlier the Church has been burnt down. So would Dexter be able to convince Deb to help him cover up some of the evidence?

WTF!!!!!!!! Why did they give that away . I've been waiting patiently on how i thought Deb would react to seeing Dex killing Travis . Seriously WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope that theres different scenerios to that. Like when Dex was daydreaming in Season 2 about telling Deb " I'm The Bay Harbor Butcher " sequence. 3 Different possibilities

WTF!!!!!!!! Why did they give that away . I've been waiting patiently on how i thought Deb would react to seeing Dex killing Travis . Seriously WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope that theres different scenerios to that. Like when Dex was daydreaming in Season 2 about telling Deb " I'm The Bay Harbor Butcher " sequence. 3 Different possibilities

That's a good point. Man, I can't wait for this season to start.

One more episode of season 6 to go!!:panic:

Not understanding the hate for this season. I've been thoroughly enjoying it!

One more episode of season 6 to go!!:panic:

Not understanding the hate for this season. I've been thoroughly enjoying it!

the bad guys sucked, at least Hank junior did a really bad job, his change from good to bad is cheesy,
it also had a dumb dexter, recording a message in front of his boat was pretty stupid, as well as sending that message to him, if the police found him they would have found the video.

also Dexter escaping the boat like James bond was super cheesy, there were a lot of stupid cheesy moments like that,
bad writing, Dexter not being clever, or being too obvious,
the ending was the stupidest thing of the whole season

Pretty much. Also, incredibly predictable.

Especially if you build it up so much. It was common knowledge halfway through that there was no Geller.

So when it was reveled....Meh.

I mean, Dexter Still is Dexter, The Dexter

still better than any other show on MTV or VH1 or CBS,
but for Dexter Standards, it was pretty bad, it was worst than season 3 or 5, which are the most hated seasons,
I personally liked season 3, I enjoyed it,

the bad guys sucked, at least Hank junior did a really bad job, his change from good to bad is cheesy,
it also had a dumb dexter, recording a message in front of his boat was pretty stupid, as well as sending that message to him, if the police found him they would have found the video.

also Dexter escaping the boat like James bond was super cheesy, there were a lot of stupid cheesy moments like that,
bad writing, Dexter not being clever, or being too obvious,
the ending was the stupidest thing of the whole season

I actually really liked the twist. I could see it coming but was not prepared when it came. He really had my sympathy all up until we learned the truth. But I will agree that Dexter does some really stupid stuff. Lots and lots of risk.

Brother Sam has been the best thing so far. Really pissed when they killed off his character.

It would have been better if they double twisted it and Geller was alive. Hanks is much better playing the acolyte than the mastermind. He had zero acting chops in that department. Earn your last name junior!

and

Dexter was so damn sloppy I could hardly believe it. His methodology was crappy in the 4th season and he paid for it, but it's been painful to watch the last two seasons. Pick it up writers!

the thing I hated about Hanks Junior is how One Note he was,

when he was good, he was super good, he was an altar boy,
then Death Gellar talks to him, and he becomes Damien from the Omen?
what Happened to the nice and friendly part? I Hated that, Another actor should have handle that much better, he was too one sided,

I Would have liked it a lot more if he was more troubled between good and bad, if he was in between, like a conflict within,
like, The Goblin in the first Spiderman did it so perfectly when he was talking to himself in the mirror, I loved that,
I would have wished to see something similar here,
but then Hanks Junior sucked the life of this season.

I also wish Gellar was real, I hated that he wasn't ,I was really hoping he was real.

Ok so I just finished season 6 and I must say the wait could not feel longer for the seventh season:lol

The inconsistencies with Travis' character ruined it for me. Although by the end I was really feeling his bad guy regime. He shined through as a sick minded monster, much better than his performance in the wormwood episode. Would've liked to see a reprise of Gellars character. It feels as if his time was cut short and he never got the conclusion he deserved.

The start of the last episode was perfect. The camera shots, narration and music really outlined Dexters struggle and what he had come to. But the whole season was filled with messy kills and risks, that ultimately backfired on him.

I mean, why kill Travis in the church everyone expects Dexter to be at? I know it's about symbolism for what Travis has done, but it's such a HUGE risk. At any time he could have had an officer or detective drop in and see how he's doing. Which is exactly what happened.

My hopes for season 7 is that Deb covers for Dex, but becomes increasingly suspicious about his late night boat trips. She'll try and smother him is my guess, and protect Harris

My hopes for season 7 is that Deb covers for Dex, but becomes increasingly suspicious about his late night boat trips. She'll try and smother him is my guess, and protect Harris

From what they've already shown of the opening of Season 7, if Deb is not aware that Dexter is a serial killer through and through, it will diminish her character tremendously.

From what they've already shown of the opening of Season 7, if Deb is not aware that Dexter is a serial killer through and through, it will diminish her character tremendously.

I don't know. I could see her struggling with her conscience over whether she believes he is a killer or not. I can't see her accepting the truth straight away, even if it is very obvious. She might feel sorry for Dexter and try to spend a lot more time with him.

We'll see.

I don't know. I could see her struggling with her conscience over whether she believes he is a killer or not. I can't see her accepting the truth straight away, even if it is very obvious. She might feel sorry for Dexter and try to spend a lot more time with him.

We'll see.

Yes, I agree with that.

I'm sure she will be in denial over the whole thing. I was just saying that if she doesn't put 2 and 2 together that he is the Bay Harbor Butcher, then that means she's just dumb.

Ok so I just finished season 6 and I must say the wait could not feel longer for the seventh season:lol

The inconsistencies with Travis' character ruined it for me. Although by the end I was really feeling his bad guy regime. He shined through as a sick minded monster, much better than his performance in the wormwood episode. Would've liked to see a reprise of Gellars character. It feels as if his time was cut short and he never got the conclusion he deserved.

The start of the last episode was perfect. The camera shots, narration and music really outlined Dexters struggle and what he had come to. But the whole season was filled with messy kills and risks, that ultimately backfired on him.

I mean, why kill Travis in the church everyone expects Dexter to be at? I know it's about symbolism for what Travis has done, but it's such a HUGE risk. At any time he could have had an officer or detective drop in and see how he's doing. Which is exactly what happened.

actually, you reminded me of something I hated as well, I really wish Gellar was there until the end, I wish Gellar never disappeared from his mind as well, I wish he was with him until the end, talking to him and telling him what to do,

We'll see.

Yes, I agree with that.

I'm sure she will be in denial over the whole thing. I was just saying that if she doesn't put 2 and 2 together that he is the Bay Harbor Butcher, then that means she's just dumb.

it will all be on the writing, if they do a bad job like in season 6, you could see Deb doing stupid things like not figuring out Dexter is the butcher, which I think it's what will happen exactly, she will be in shock and won't think straight, she will be too confused over her feelings for Dexter.
Unless they make someone evil Kidnap Deb for the whole season 7,
sounds ridiculous, but, I Wouldn't be surprised if they did that LOL :lol:lol
or amnesia :rotfl

Back