Detolf - moving it slightly across floor with figures inside. Yes or no?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchalikias

Super Freak
Reaction score
I realized recently that I need to move my two Detolfs about 10-15cm to the right, so I can have space for a third one. Problem is, I've got my statues and figures exactly how I want them, and a few of them were a pain to fit and pose properly.

My question is: is it possible to slide them carefully and slowly across a wooden laminated floor? Or is it wiser to just empty them, move them and put the figures back in.

Note: I don't mind a few small (7") figures falling over, I'm more worried about the stress the extra weight + moving might cause to the frame.

Anyone ever tried this?

I have moved my detolfs twice, and both are packed with figures as im short on space. I have moved both about 10cm and tilted both to fix a slight tilt. if you do it properly i don't see a problem.

detolfs themselves are very sturdy, I've moved and lifted them fully assembled no problem but as for the figures unless they are in very sturdy standing positions I wouldn't risk it, sometimes a small nudge could mean a topple over and a smack on the glass is bound to damage the figure or statue. I had an old figure fall on its face and the nose got banged up. My suggestion is to take a pic of how you have them (for when placing them back), empty the detolfs and place them on a large empty table for example and do what you need to. Pricey and rare figures are not worth risking.

I did this about a year ago when rearranging my room. I emptied one and thought it was a major pain and decided to see if I could move the others without empting them. They slide very easily actually and everything remained standing. And this was several feet from one wall to the other, not just a few inches. These were full of 1:6 figures an not heavy statues though, so your mileage may vary. Just take it slow, and push from the bottom. If possible, have someone with you to cradle the top or watch or any movement. As long as you take is slow and move smoothly, you shouldn't have a problem.

Back