Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game seems long enough story wise and does offer some fun with friends for co-op. I'm more looking forward to Shadow of Mordor on the 30th.

"Destiny's servers are not available"

Sick and tired of seeing this ****.
So you pay 70€ for a game that you can't play when you want?

I've been a very positive advocate of this game thus far, but I've had enough of this.
Last two days have been ****. Everything seems down now.

Destiny servers going down this weekend was caused by the idiots behind the PSN DDoS attack.

https://www.cnet.com/news/ddos-brings-down-destiny-cod-ghosts-servers/#ftag=YHF65cbda0

Luckily I wasn't on Destiny this weekend to experience their madness.

I'm returning the Ghost Edition today to Best Buy. I just don't have the desire to play it with Alien Isolation, the Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor coming in the next few weeks. I had hoped it would interest me more with great reviews, etc. but it just doesn't.

I'm returning the Ghost Edition today to Best Buy. I just don't have the desire to play it with Alien Isolation, the Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor coming in the next few weeks. I had hoped it would interest me more with great reviews, etc. but it just doesn't.

Dude I sold my Ghost edition and got $115 more than retail for it. Ebay is your friend with this one

Dude I sold my Ghost edition and got $115 more than retail for it. Ebay is your friend with this one

They're not selling for much anymore to make it worth it after fees and stuff. I checked the recent auctions and they're selling around $200 or so.

Game seems long enough story wise and does offer some fun with friends for co-op. I'm more looking forward to Shadow of Mordor on the 30th.

Yes, screw this game for me. And Angry Joe's review was icing on the cake for me to not get this or invest my money or time in this.
I'm waiting for Shadow of Mordor too, then I'll have EVIL WITHIN in October, couple others, try out DRIVE CLUB. And then more games comin in November. No time for this weak grind game.

The fact that this thread is very slow to get new posts and no new posts since my last posts, speaks volumes to me about how this game is just not that great and reflects it's average rating of 6 and 7 out of 10.
lol

Nobody here is talking about , or excited about it, or trying to recruit each other to join clans or run the raid etc lol

I love it. Absolutely love it.
The design, the music, the gameplay are fantastic.

The story is buried in there though, that's the only negative from me, and I think that will be fixed.

I love it. Absolutely love it.
The design, the music, the gameplay are fantastic.

The story is buried in there though, that's the only negative from me, and I think that will be fixed.

Agree .....although the story being missing is a HUUUUUUUGE negative and its disgusting they seem to have actually taken things out to release it as DLC later.
....but even if that theory isn't true, its definitely true that they've actively chosen to tell very little story at all with the idea they can sell that later on, which again is just unacceptable.

I felt dirty doing it, it's a shame Bungie hasn't patched it yet.

It needs to be patched. It's not farming like some are saying, this imo is an out and out exploit.
I went to see what all the fuss was about and I just laughed, it's crazy how much stuff was in that cave.

It needs to be patched. It's not farming like some are saying, this imo is an out and out exploit.
I went to see what all the fuss was about and I just laughed, it's crazy how much stuff was in that cave.

It is and it isn't though. People are just focusing on that one cave, there are numerous respawn points throughout the game that will have exactly the same effect. You can do it on most levels if you find the sweet spot. It's boring though.

The gates on the moon for example. You shoot all the mob coming out, leave the Knight kill you an do it again, ad nauseam. It's just a bit of fun. I did it for about half an hour, got some rares, nothing special. But it was hilarious to watch the goons trying to stop people from doing it. Jumping up and down in front of our faces, not realising that you don't even need to see where you are shooting to do it.

One thing i did find interesting though was the occasional all out WAR that breaks out every now and again at and around the cave.. I've had it happen twice now. Every class of Fallen come en masse to attack. It's amazing to watch. And that's where I have picked up most of my stuff, there are literally hundreds of them. I thought that Bungie had put it in for a laugh to hit cave farmers. :lol

I tried camping the cave the other day and surpringly found a lot more drops there than I did with the level on the moon. At one point there were 4 of us just sat that unloading on the cave. We even had a bit of teamwork going on. We'd take turn firing rockets into the cave, we'd all wait until we ran out or were close to running out of ammo before grabbing our loot, a couple of us would go hunt out the remaining enemies if they stopped spawning and we'd all stop fighting to go do the event that literally lands on our heads before going back to farming. Didn't get Jack **** drop wise though, mostly a bunch of greens and a few blues.

The thing is is bungie has driven us to this. They have no actual framework for drops and they're completely random. If they take this one away, people will find others and once they take those away, a lot of people will stop playing. No one wants to spend 8 hours playing the same missions only to find green and blue items that are worse than their currently equipped ones. Or even worse, find a legendary engram and then have it give you a blue item. I've gotten maybe 6 legendary engrams so far. 3 out in the game, 2 in the crucible and 1 from leveling up the cryptarch guy. And of those 6, I've only gotten 2 legendary items. Hell, my buddies been playing almost as much as me and he's only found one legendary engram that gave him a blue item. He got an exotic bounty listed before he found a legendary.

They need to do something like have strikes or boss battles give you a higher than normal chance of getting legendary/exotic drops. This complete randomness thing is ********.

Back