Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say gents, as silly as it seems, having a motion sensor Ghost sitting on the table while playing and reacting out of the blue to the light from the PS4 control is just awesome.

so what's this games actual story? Is this kind of like Skyrim where you can pretty much live a life in this game while doing side quests and main missions? Skyrim atleast had an ending to it's main quest and I'm expecting this to be similar but if there's no over arching story I'll probably never play it.

so what's this games actual story? Is this kind of like Skyrim where you can pretty much live a life in this game while doing side quests and main missions? Skyrim atleast had an ending to it's main quest and I'm expecting this to be similar but if there's no over arching story I'll probably never play it.
From what I gathered from the beta, it's nowhere near as in depth as skyrim.

Scareb is correct but I'd add that its 'apples & oranges' ....totally different type of game.
Its made by the makers of Halo and is really the successor to that series ....but with wide open levels, ability to choose where you want to go instead of following a linear path, and with level up and some character customization, making it sit (I think) closer to Borderlands Co-op than Halo.

But its not meant to be like a Bethesda RPG (Elder Scrolls and Fallout3/4) where you essentially have a full life in game (relative to other games) with an entire living world you slowly potter about it (I do love those games BTW....).
Destiny is essentially a big station hub and a bunch of multiplayer/co-op maps filled with bad guys that you drop into, do missions and then port back to the station hub.

Grabbed a Xbox One Ghost edition off Amazon today while I was on lunch. Glad I was able to get one at retail, those eBay prices are crazy. Tried the Alpha, didnt play any of the beta. Guess I'll be late to the party since it arrives on Friday.

Package #1 has arrived

image.jpg

Apparently there are max level players running around already. I'm really hoping this game doesn't turn out to be one where players blast through it and get bored very quickly kinda like titanfall was for me.

Picking mine up today but I won't be really sitting down with it until I beat metro last light redux.

I wish I had not played the beta now, cause I gotta do all that over again. I don't know, just not feeling Destiny right now

Same here, I put a lot of time into the beta but the full game just isn't doing it for me, I'm not really getting that epic next gen feel right now, and the story isn't really captivating me right now like I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize the ghost was interactive with the controller. Kinda makes me want to keep my ghost edition now. :lol

Destiny is in the house. Really nice collector editions all around. Was a treat unboxing them and looking at all the stuff that's included.

15003390538_49b73ab324_z.jpg

Same here, I put a lot of time into the beta but the full game just isn't doing it for me, I'm not really getting that epic next gen feel right now, and the story isn't really captivating me right now like I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the problem I have with the story: you are revived by a ghost to help stop the fallen. At no time did my character ask the obvious: 'who are you? what is going on? How did you bring me back to life?

lol....its all very vanilla

Back