Dejarik Holochess Set Expansion Pack Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, with LED technology, and Hasbro's demonstrated use of multiple colors in translucent plastic, I think this set would have been sweet if like there we little contacts all over the board, and you could put the figures down on any of them and doing so would activate a little light within and give a holographicness to them, but then again, the set would probably run like $100 to do that, so cost wise, better this way.

Cool idea, but I doubt it could be done with the polystone. We'd have gotten a plastic table.

I much prefer a simple sculpt that is classy and sturdy than something made with cheaper materials but full of gimmics.

Gimme one of those heavy metal Tonka trucks anyday over some cheap plastic one with bells and whistles.

I hope the same thing happens when we get the Han Carbonite. Gimme a heavy block of stone and forget the electronics.

I hope the same thing happens when we get the Han Carbonite. Gimme a heavy block of stone and forget the electronics.

Prog, I'm hoping for the opposite, my friend. I hope we do get the flashing lights, at the very least, regardless of what material the slab would be made of. Or else we might as well just keep the Hasbro one.

I don't see why we can't get both. That's what I want. A heavy piece but with lights. If not then my first choice would be working lights.

Prog, I'm hoping for the opposite, my friend. I hope we do get the flashing lights, at the very least, regardless of what material the slab would be made of. Or else we might as well just keep the Hasbro one.

Yep. I'll have to disagree.

Lightup gimmics remind me of Happymeal and cheap Oriental import toys at flea markets flashing and beeping.

You buy them and a couple weeks later it doesn't work anymore.

A light up Han by SSC will work longer than that, but for how long? A sculpted block can last a real long time. And IMO the heaviness of the Carbonite block more represents the movie prop than working lights would. Also, I don't see myself working the lights often at all. I rarely light the Sideous holo and rarely activate any talking feature I have on a doll.

Making it out of "stone" would a quality always "on", so to speak.

If they can do both, I think I'd be down with it, though it depends how the lights looked while off, since thats how it would be sitting 90% of the time.

Cool idea, but I doubt it could be done with the polystone. We'd have gotten a plastic table.

Sideshow does polystone with LEDs currently; the Darth Maul PF is poly with LED technology, the T-800 Legendary Scale bust is poly with LED. I don't think it's gimmicky or cheap toyish at all. If done properly, lights and other elements can add an extra touch of realism to a piece. Yes, if they did have LED technology in the chess table, it'd probably be about 25-50% less polystone in it overall, but if the lights were done well, it would be a cool looking piece. I know people have issues with the overall of the Sidious Mechno Chair, but I think the LED feature is done very well and doesn't cheapen the overall of the product.

Last edited:
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture
Sideshow does polystone with LEDs currently; the Darth Maul PF is poly with LED technology, the T-800 Legendary Scale bust is poly with LED. I don't think it's gimmicky or cheap toyish at all. If done properly, lights and other elements can add an extra touch of realism to a piece. Yes, if they did have LED technology in the chess table, it'd probably be about 25-50% less polystone in it overall, but if the lights were done well, it would be a cool looking piece. I know people have issues with the overall of the Sidious Mechno Chair, but I think the LED feature is done very well and doesn't cheapen the overall of the product.

If they can build the lights into a polystone base and can do it to not look cheap when the power is off, then I'm all for it.

I just have visions of cheap voltron ripoffs and plastic rayguns. :lol

I would like to see something like the Sting FX blade... where it looks like a solid material but flip a switch and it glows. That would be awesome. And you could have LED's all over the sides of the block.

That would be my perfect Han in Carbonite and I'd pay good money for it too if it was done like that. I'd rather have a bit of pop and interest from him than it just be a slab of Poly.

Seeing as how the lights were all on panels on the carbonite block in the movie...I don't see why SS couldn't make the polystone block with electronic inserts for the panels in the side.

And on the subject of the dejarik table:

I think Bespin Han and Yavin Luke will look cool playing against each other on it. I just have to come up with seats for it.

I think I'll pose this guy (the one in the middle) with a couple of droids around the table... (thanks KitFisto:D)

attachment.php

:rolleyes:

I'm going to have Garindan and Lucas playing Chess in the background of
my Jabba display.

Being entertained by the Modal Nodes . :chew

Back