Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure most of us got some of the more obvious themes in the teaser, like guilt, oil, corruption, innocence and all that jazz.

But this guy puts it very eloquently, plus he talks about other stuff.

His videos were ok at the beginning, he was just a regular dude, then he turned into a youtube personality with trademark phrases and ****.

He's no different than most fanboy dbags on youtube now. It's like these people become characters of themselves.

His videos were ok at the beginning, he was just a regular dude, then he turned into a youtube personality with trademark phrases and ****.

He's no different than most fanboy dbags on youtube now. It's like these people become characters of themselves.

yeah i know, some are okay some are just obnoxious douchebags. the only youtubers/reviewers i truly enjoy are the ACG and Dreamcast guy ones. they are pretty cool

Super Bunnyhop, whom I discovered here thanks to Ryan IIRC, is great, also along the same lines RagnarRox is also great. They didn't develop those stupid pathological pseudo celeb personalities, yet they are very entertaining and have great analyses.

Yong is obnoxious. I have to force myself to watch some of his videos mainly due to the exclusive interviews he has with the MGS cast. The thing about Yong is that he is a narcissist and has an ego bigger than his statues a a vlogger. He constantly has to put it out there that he's a big guy, that he's made it in life and everyone should know who he is- always interrupting the cast about his personal accomplishments, "Oh, you're theater actor? I'm a theater actor too!" "Oh you do martial arts? I do martial arts too!" . It doesn't help that he over analyzes things to the point of being pointless and he's not working for the betterment of the hobby, but rather to make a name for himself. Heck, his feature video is a "interview" with himself, y'know, cuz his big.

At the end of the spectrum are guys like SuperBunnyHop or Angry Video Game Nerd, who all talk less about themselves and know well enough that the viewer's time is precious, it's not about putting their name out there but delivering entertaining content.

Super Bunnyhop, whom I discovered here thanks to Ryan IIRC, is great, also along the same lines RagnarRox is also great. They didn't develop those stupid pathological pseudo celeb personalities, yet they are very entertaining and have great analyses.

Yong is obnoxious. I have to force myself to watch some of his videos mainly due to the exclusive interviews he has with the MGS cast. The thing about Yong is that he is a narcissist and has an ego bigger than his statues a a vlogger. He constantly has to put it out there that he's a big guy, that he's made it in life and everyone should know who he is- always interrupting the cast about his personal accomplishments, "Oh, you're theater actor? I'm a theater actor too!" "Oh you do martial arts? I do martial arts too!" . It doesn't help that he over analyzes things to the point of being pointless and he's not working for the betterment of the hobby, but rather to make a name for himself. Heck, his feature video is a "interview" with himself, y'know, cuz his big.

At the end of the spectrum are guys like SuperBunnyHop or Angry Video Game Nerd, who all talk less about themselves and know well enough that the viewer's time is precious, it's not about putting their name out there but delivering entertaining content.

Never heard of superbunnyhop or avgn, will look em up. Yeah i think some of his video's are kinda pointless and go over the same crap time and time again. I have never listened to the interviews he does with the other guys, except for the first one they did with David Hayter, after that they just bore the crap outta me. Btw, thanks for the rep kind sir.

Never heard of superbunnyhop or avgn, will look em up. Yeah i think some of his video's are kinda pointless and go over the same crap time and time again. I have never listened to the interviews he does with the other guys, except for the first one they did with David Hayter, after that they just bore the crap outta me. Btw, thanks for the rep kind sir.

Superbunnyhop did a few amazing retrospectives on the MGS series, with my personal favourite being the MGS2 and MGSV ones:

As for AVGN, he's actually the pioneer of the Youtube personality, it's a sketch about an angry gamer loser who plays bad NES games. He's been doing these sketches since 2006.

how do you not know who AVGN is?!!? Based on what Ryan said alone :monkey4 SuperBunnyHop is pretty good but at times some of his analysis...can be biased, like his REmake one where he praised annoyances like the doorknob that can break and that cylinder that can explode if you run or are attacked.

Darksydephil is the biggest youtube poser and *******, period. Between insulting his fans and fans of everything, insulting video game creators and developers (watch his MGS playthroughs - it's astounding that he insults Kojima and doesn't get rekt :cuckoo: ), **** video quality and so on, it just doesn't make any sense. Such a loser that guy is...and the justifications his fans make, even worse.

New cryptic tidbits for all of you fans to ponder, straight from our dear and fluffy Lord:

I'm sensing some deja vu with the marketing here. Always trying to pass off the games as being more than what they are.

Back