Media Death Stranding: a Kojima Productions game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not be so quick to dismiss theories, the community has pretty much caught up to Kojima's randomness, they will figure out pretty much every explanation possible very quick, one of them theories is bound to be accurate.

Well one theory I'm not throwing out:

13445240_1009556055788232_4658917604396245036_n.jpg

:lol

I really don't think they'll give him 5 year dev time like Konami did.

Well we know it took that long because of the Fox Engine. But he's looking for a 3rd party one this time. I ennobled think it'll be out faster 3 years most likely (still a long time).

2 if he gets a team as good as Platinum. What they did with MGS Rising was amazing in the short time they had

Heard the same level of nonsense leading up to V, so I don't buy a word of it. He truly is the Obama "Hope and Change" of gaming.

He really needs to stop hyping his games as the next level of innovation in the industry. I love Kojima just as everyone else - perhaps more than the rest of you (heck, I met the man five times). But, there's just an obnoxious level of pomposity with his attitude lately.

Recently, there was that pic of him drinking out of a "**** you, Konami!" cup. I mean, before his falling out with the company last year, they gave him his own self-titled development firm for 25 years, and allowed him to plaster his name on the games that they were funding. No other developer in the industry has ever had those luxuries. I honestly believe that the rabid fanbase that worships him (which he has never has the courtesy of interacting with, or acknowledging their existence outside of signing events) has inflated his ego to disastrous levels.

I know we go back to it a lot, but just look at MGSV. Yes it's unfinished, but what if it was? Do you honestly believe that it would of shaken of the game world like he was making out in his tweets? Hell ****ing no :lol

No one cares about that game anymore. Even on FB, I never see anyone ever talking about it even on MGS pages. It's just the defending of Kojima to the "haters."

He kept pumping it up to be this provocative taboo game that was going to make everyone feel uncomfortable, but in the end just left half the players with a "meh" feeling. The Kojima MGS series went out with a whimper, that just alienated the fans. He's gone on too long with weak writing, and outright Japanese weirdness that for some reason has made him the face of game developers. I surely understand 15 years ago as to why he was leading the pack. But now? The lowest common denominator fans have as you said, elevated his already bloated ego to where he's believing the bull **** social media posts.

I fully planned to eat crow if MGSV was good, but it just wasn't. I don't think even 2-3 more years dev time could of helped it. No matter how technically advanced it could of gotten, it's still built around the low grade fiction that has nothing to "say" to the player. Just a generic Tom Clancy level war simulator that has a Snake character in it.

Right. The same way MGSV was so taboo that he "Might have to leave the game industry" and MGS4 was so dangerous in the research trip that Kojima "Fears that he won't come out alive".

He talks in the same level of hyperbole his fans do about him, but both are speaking seriously.

I honestly think he needs to take a step-back, create his game and have others evaluate it for what it is. The part of his entire quote that struck the most was this:

"The player will be controlling Norman Reedus' character and it will be an action game if you really want to put a genre on it," Kojima-san continued. "For example, when I made Metal Gear, it was an action game but it was different because the main thing was about hiding. People eventually ended up calling that 'stealth action'. In this game the player will be controlling Norman but by playing it they will find something different, something that won't fit in established terms."

He's essentially implying that Death Stranded will have the same impact on the video game industry as Metal Gear had for the stealth genre. But, how does he know that? What if this "genre-defining" game ends up being a regular action title with a few quirks in the menu system, or in the control mechanics? Or, what if other developers beat him to the punch and create something similar (which has happened before)? :lol

I'm sure it's almost no different than pre-existing games in that regard. It will either play like TLOU, Uncharted or like a Quantic Dream game.

Almost every advert campaign for almost every new FPS has someone say "reinventing the genre" line.

He's Hideo rikkin' Kojima, he has millions that will gladly sacrifice themselves to the almighty Lord. Why the need to over hype his new project on such a high bar when it backfired the last time? Why can't he just keep things a surprise like MGS2? Seems like he keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I actually don't think there's a creator as narcissistic or self absorbed as Kojima, it's absurd. It's kind of sad too :lol

I actually don't think there's a creator as narcissistic or self absorbed as Kojima, it's absurd. It's kind of sad too :lol

He wasn't like that in the earlier days, he used to let his games do the talking. I've been following Kojima's promotional angles since he became famous (after MGS1) and in the earlier days, he was much more humble even when he had big ideas. I think he changed during the development of MGS4, there's certainly an undercurrent of self-loathing in that game that certainly came out of nowhere.

I dunno, for me the words "creator" and "Kojima" never sounded right when put in one sentence. :lol

Back