Premium Format Deadpool PF (Ver. 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridiculous price. The ways things are going at SSC I doubt if I'll be buying any PF's after 2017 :(

awesome_zpskcib6hpi.png

just relative comparisons

take Huntress PF price

add on extras not included

- Additional Portrait Head - Check $50

- Exploding Grenade with Kitana Blade - Check $50

- Exploding Base - Check $75

- Rocket Missle - Check $50

$469.99 + 50 + 25 + 50 + 75 = $694.99

BOOM! close enuff

I don't see your comparison as valid. Huntress has arguably a more complex paint job - DP is basically red and black.... Her pose is not too dissimilar to DP in dynamics save for not being single leg grounded. Both have weapons on both arms and a switch out arm with accessory. Both have pouches and accessories. DP's base is more complex but Huntress' base isn't exactly an "X" base either. DP has an extra portrait, but Huntress is a more complicated one. Huntress has a mixed media cape. DP has a clear resin missile. And that's justifying $230 in price difference between them?
This statue is TWICE the price of a DP statue that was available to order 4 years ago.

I like predator more than deadpool. Plus If I was to get a Deadpool I would go after the original. New one is a tad too busy for me. P1 is way more worth it to me. Plus i used reward point so it's not much more than this piece.

First time I've seen this mentioned.
Exactly what I thought but didn’t say anything.

Igo stated on the other forum that long-time collectors make up a very small percentage of the overall purchases from Sideshow. A lot of new collectors are responsible for the majority of sales, and some of those are one-and-done buyers. I think Sideshow's focus on social media in the last couple years has brought in a different kind of collector compared to who is usually on these forums. You're going to get a lot more casual collectors seeing these pieces that may only want a Deadpool statue, or an Iron Giant statue, or a Voltron statue, etc. They'll buy it because it may be their only big collection purchase that year.

Just to throw this in, I've been collecting for decades and only decided to join this forum 3 years ago. I already had Sideshow and Hot Toy pieces but never felt like I needed to participate in a forum about them. I have half a dozen friends that buy from Sideshow but aren't on this forum. On the flip side of that, there are also a lot of forum members that don't buy much. They get a couple pieces a year and come here for the conversation. Just because the people on this forum have a platform to be more vocal doesn't mean they're spending more than someone not participating here.

Price is high but if it comes to my door with minimum hassle and looking like it did in the case at SDCC I'll pay the premium. End of story. With payment plans available it can be done. We all can't just buy 8 PFs a year anymore. Be choosy and enjoy the hobby. If it proves to be too much for you wallets then move on. That's what I've done. There are plenty of other cheaper hobbies out there that aren't the roll of the dice like SS can be.

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respect that opinion, but what I don't get is that same opinion from people who buy XM. And that's not me knocking XM. I respect their quality. It looks top-notch. But this is right up there in terms of detail - if not more detailed then some of their stuff.

For me. XM, for Magneto and Cable. Yes, I can see the price for it. But many of their other Marvel, not all selling like pancakes with their price. So collectors are choosy as well.

"Premium Format™ Figure is made up of polyresin, high-quality PVC" When your paying this price it shouldn't be made out of pvc...Just my thoughts

I don't see your comparison as valid. Huntress has arguably a more complex paint job - DP is basically red and black.... Her pose is not too dissimilar to DP in dynamics save for not being single leg grounded. Both have weapons on both arms and a switch out arm with accessory. Both have pouches and accessories. DP's base is more complex but Huntress' base isn't exactly an "X" base either. DP has an extra portrait, but Huntress is a more complicated one. Huntress has a mixed media cape. DP has a clear resin missile. And that's justifying $230 in price difference between them?
This statue is TWICE the price of a DP statue that was available to order 4 years ago.

Yeah it's twice the price it's also exponentially more complex.

No offense but just because Deadpools costume is 2 (it's more btw) colours doesn't mean it's a easy paint job

Huntress' costume is like 2 colours

Ur point?

If you honestly think this is a relatively easy paint job then u are blind

Igo stated on the other forum that long-time collectors make up a very small percentage of the overall purchases from Sideshow. A lot of new collectors are responsible for the majority of sales, and some of those are one-and-done buyers. I think Sideshow's focus on social media in the last couple years has brought in a different kind of collector compared to who is usually on these forums. You're going to get a lot more casual collectors seeing these pieces that may only want a Deadpool statue, or an Iron Giant statue, or a Voltron statue, etc. They'll buy it because it may be their only big collection purchase that year.

Just to throw this in, I've been collecting for decades and only decided to join this forum 3 years ago. I already had Sideshow and Hot Toy pieces but never felt like I needed to participate in a forum about them. I have half a dozen friends that buy from Sideshow but aren't on this forum. On the flip side of that, there are also a lot of forum members that don't buy much. They get a couple pieces a year and come here for the conversation. Just because the people on this forum have a platform to be more vocal doesn't mean they're spending more than someone not participating here.

I wouldn't trust that ego guy as far as I could spit him - spin artist of the highest order.

But as regards the points you make - 100% agree.

And also just to say that

if you are a US resident and you complain prices are too expensive

It's called inflation. get used to it. (the CPI doesnt count)

484CD479-F9D4-472B-B559-703B09533CC7_zpsovxn5klr.png

US broad market equity index has gone up 78% in the past 5 years not including dividend yields which makes it more like 100% on top of the fact that the US dollar has appreciated 33%

Chinas stock market also has rallied over 50% not including yields... and I am certain most people here that have re-sold a piece on eBay or whatever have asked for $699.99 or more...

Had you actually invested your disposable income of $350 in 2012 you would have

(350 * 1.98)*1.33 = 921.69 $ of purchasing power.

Yet so long as you make a healthy premium re-selling... Sideshow should run a charity for you. ridiculous.

The price is what it is, international customers have it worse. But your dollar and purchasing power have exponentially increased in the past 5 years, its your fault for not taking advantage.

deadpoolnew_zpsxtowicqu.png

totally not the same ... just like comparing a can of pop in the 60s to now is just as asinine

Back