Dead Space 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surpirsed to see 2 discs and even more surprised to see they needed to be switched so early. It didn't take anything away for me though , I've got no problem with standing up and changing them. In the hours and hours of sitting down playing it's probably healthy to move my legs. :lol

One thing I've just read is that once you switch the disc on hardcore mode it also has an automatic checkpoint/save without using any of your 3 saves so that's a plus too.

Oh I followed the line on the ground but man it was fun. I would do really well when playing as a human like 18-6 but as a necromorph we would all get mucked up.

I haven't played the multi yet, but I'm fixin to in a bit here. Looking forward to it :rock

I was surpirsed to see 2 discs and even more surprised to see they needed to be switched so early. It didn't take anything away for me though , I've got no problem with standing up and changing them. In the hours and hours of sitting down playing it's probably healthy to move my legs. :lol

One thing I've just read is that once you switch the disc on hardcore mode it also has an automatic checkpoint/save without using any of your 3 saves so that's a plus too.

I'm the same...just doesn't bother me :dunno

And thank you for telling me that about hardcore! That's going to be a big help :bow

I haven't played the multi yet, but I'm fixin to in a bit here. Looking forward to it :rock

I'm the same...just doesn't bother me :dunno

And thank you for telling me that about hardcore! That's going to be a big help :bow

I'd imagine it's right since I've read it on two different sites but I'm not 100% that it will work. I'm going to try and play up until chapter 6 without using a save then get the checkpoint , maybe try and use a save around chapter 8 or 9. That's when it started to get hardest for me.
With another 2 saves available after that I think it should be... possible. :lol

I think the disc swap gets you a checkpoint but not a save.
So if you turn off the console you're back to the start of disc 1 or wherever you saved before hand but if you only die you're back to the start of disc 2.
After playing a little just then and dying on chapter 3 at the end of the train sequence dangling in the air I think I'll be saving around chapter 4 , getting the checkpoint at I think chapter 7 ( start of disc 2 ) , then saving at around chapter 10 , then chapter 12 or 13.

I just hope I can get from the disc 2 checkpoint to chapter 10 quickly enough , can't leave the console on forever. :lol

I'll hopefully be doing Zealot last with that Foam gun after beating hardcore.

Does Issac talk too much in this one? I kind of liked how he didn't in the first (it added to the creepiness) and we didn't see his face until the end.

Is he just all out there this time around?

********* I got ripped apart in the gymnasium tonight. Wasn't anticipating how difficult that section would be.

Also: The Javelin is the worst weapon in gaming history.

Does Issac talk too much in this one? I kind of liked how he didn't in the first (it added to the creepiness) and we didn't see his face until the end.

Is he just all out there this time around?

Not too much, and whenever he does talk it's usually regarding something important. At first I didn't really like his voice (voice actor), but it grows on you over time. His character is very different from DS1 because...he is an actual character this time, not just a Gordon Freeman.

Btw, in DS1, you get to see Isaac's face during the very first scene, not just until the very end.

********* I got ripped apart in the gymnasium tonight. Wasn't anticipating how difficult that section would be.

Also: The Javelin is the worst weapon in gaming history.

Not too much, and whenever he does talk it's usually regarding something important. At first I didn't really like his voice (voice actor), but it grows on you over time. His character is very different from DS1 because...he is an actual character this time, not just a Gordon Freeman.

Btw, in DS1, you get to see Isaac's face during the very first scene, not just until the very end.

Oh right, can't you rotate the camera around in the beginning and see his face? I didn't know that until the second playthrough.

Even though I haven't played DS2 besides the multiplayer beta and demo, I prefer Isaac as more of silent conduit into the game world...and not adhering to every characters needs so fleshed out in order to be relatable.

How long is this game? I'm in Chapter 3 and it's only like an hour

I havent even bothered with MP myself......no one seems to talk about it so I assume its pretty tacked on....seems like a 2nd thought

Beta was decent, didn't hold my interest long though...Dead Space is first and foremost a single player experience. No one buys it for multiplayer, it's the total opposite of a COD game really...which most buy for the multiplayer.

i can't redeem my pass online. The password doesn't seem to work for me... Anyone have this problem? i'm own a PS3

Back