DCD 13" Green Arrow - In Stores 4/02/2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose its not outside of the realm of them really being 1/6. That'd put them at 6.5 feet and I could see that being possible. I'm really tempted to get Green Arrow. I picked up a Green Arrow TPB by the way, looking forward to reading it. So if I like it alot my resistance to buying this will probably crumble.

Its not so much them being so tall... as the massive size of their bodies. Next to a typical 1/6 figure it just doesn't look right. Next to some Medicoms its really silly :D

I know, poor Spidey looks like 3 year old wearing Spider-Man pajamas.

WARNING! Be very careful about his belt buckle!!!!

Yes, it's part of the quiver, but there's not enough belt to get around his waist and part of the buckle which is under incredible strain due to it being too short only has glue to hold it to the belt. I wasn't able to get it fastened at all before it broke.

But unsnap the quiverstrap to get it over his shoulder and then resnap it and then buckle in front. I tried a different method and I think that's how I broke it.

The bendy hands are pretty frustrating with this guy, but he can hold the bow okay. They keep popping off when attempting to pose though. The costume is top notch, although I haven't figured out how to pose the collar yet. I think the head is too small, but the the hat on it almost looks okay.

WARNING! Be very careful about his belt buckle!!!!

Yes, it's part of the quiver, but there's not enough belt to get around his waist and part of the buckle which is under incredible strain due to it being too short only has glue to hold it to the belt. I wasn't able to get it fastened at all before it broke.

But unsnap the quiverstrap to get it over his shoulder and then resnap it and then buckle in front. I tried a different method and I think that's how I broke it.

The bendy hands are pretty frustrating with this guy, but he can hold the bow okay. They keep popping off when attempting to pose though. The costume is top notch, although I haven't figured out how to pose the collar yet. I think the head is too small, but the the hat on it almost looks okay.

Thanks for the warning and tip Dave, will be extra careful with the fig. just got mine hands on one during a lunch time walk to my LCS.

I didn't have an issue with the belt or strap for the quiver but I am having a hard time with the mask. It is warped or something because it doesn't fit into his eye sockets very well and just kind of rests on his nose and sits away from the face. I am very worried I am going to lose his mask. I haven't had an issue with any of the other removable masks on the other figures.

Fantastic Pics shaun! But you gotta take one with the boxing glove arrow.

considering the articulation I was surprised at how close I could get to posing him with a drawn arrow.

As for the mask, push it back into his face, mine fits fine.

One more thing that bugs me - the belt and quiver strap are made from the same material as his arm guards. In the prototype pics they are of a different shade of green (which is correct to the comic). I'm thinking of painting them or something.

As for the mask, push it back into his face, mine fits fine.

That is the issue with mine though, it won't fit properly at all. I can get one side in to the eye socket but then the other side sticks way out and the mask will fall off. It is just warped and I am afraid to try and bend it as I will probably break it. I am going to try to heat it up and then mold it to the face. With my luck the paint from the mask would stick to the face.

I got a good belt and crappy mask...you got a good mask and crappy belt, it happens.

I really wish DCD would go the extra mile and add a few sculpted hands with these 13" male figures; they obviously saw a need for them when they debuted the newer female and "teen" body styles, so why can't they rework their adult male hero formula? Green Arrow, in particular, would have benefitted from sculpted hands when posing him with his bow.

I think a great idea for them to pursue (though I doubt it will happen) would be to release an accessory pack containing sculpted hands to be used with previously-released figures. Then we could pose Batman swinging on his rope, Two-Face and Luthor could better hold their guns (and coin), Aquaman could hold his trident, etc. I'd gladly pay for an accessory pack that included a pair of sculpted hands for each previous release; maybe they could even design them with wrist articulation.

I had considered getting one of these but after reading about all the problems I'll be leaving this on on my LCS' shelf. A real disappointment, Sideshow's stuff is better anyway.

I really wish DCD would go the extra mile and add a few sculpted hands with these 13" male figures; they obviously saw a need for them when they debuted the newer female and "teen" body styles, so why can't they rework their adult male hero formula? Green Arrow, in particular, would have benefitted from sculpted hands when posing him with his bow.

I think a great idea for them to pursue (though I doubt it will happen) would be to release an accessory pack containing sculpted hands to be used with previously-released figures. Then we could pose Batman swinging on his rope, Two-Face and Luthor could better hold their guns (and coin), Aquaman could hold his trident, etc. I'd gladly pay for an accessory pack that included a pair of sculpted hands for each previous release; maybe they could even design them with wrist articulation.

I agree wholeheartedly WL. The bendy hands are a real hinderance to the overall design of the figures and the lack of full wrist articulation is just...well there's no real excuse for it.

Its not so bad that I would stop buying em, but they do have enough issues with them that I pass on some and pick up others. I don't think DCD, even though their main focus and market is collectors, listens to well to the demands of the market. They seem pretty stoic at SDCC when folks offer up suggestions on how to improve their products and they just generally don't seem very friendly or approachable. Could be just my impression but out of all the manuf. at the show, they seem the least approachable.

I know it is probably no small feat for companies to develop a new body for the 1/6 scale considering all the tooling cost but it would seem that modification to the sculpt should be do-able. Why not take surveys from the target market as to what's most important to the average collector. I just don't know why good articulation with a healthy balance of good sculpting seems to be so elusive to this industry...then again, the Big 3 can't seem to build a car that anyone likes any more either...go figure:rolleyes:

This has only been on the streets for two days and there's a laundry list of problems; broken/loose ankle joints, broken bow tips, malformed masks, broken belt buckles and straps, weak wrist pegs that won't allow good poseability with the bow, and a quiver that makes the stand useless.

Again, I'm a Green Arrow fan but screw this noise.:banghead

Dave can you post pic of his with the arrow drawn? From Shaun's pix I don't like the look and considering leaving this one behind completely if I can't get the pose I want.

I'm able to use the stand with the quiver, I jus put the hook around his very slim hips rather than his waist.

I'll see about some pics this weekend. Even with all the problems, I love the character and he's a must have.

Back