DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...I just read Batman #13. This is going to be one hell of a ride. Right now, Snyder has a near perfect run for me. The only thing that I haven't liked is his take on Mr.Freeze. That being said, the annual was still very well written.

Oh man.. how GOOD was this issue??!! It's dark and gripping.. couldn't put it down. Bought a digital and physical copy.

Snyder has my total vote at the moment, putting his Batman and also American Vampire at the very top of my reading list.

I couldn't believe how fast it sold out. I just downloaded it from the dc app instead, still gonna feel like an irritating gap though not having the physical copy with the rest.

There's always eBay... but also, depending on what works out cheaper for you, perhaps something like comicsetc.com.au (Not sure what international shipping would be for you).

I'm holding out for the trades to get my hardcopies mostly, other than #1 and #13 - which I got single issues of to hoard forever.

But, I'm getting my head done in trying to workout what the go is here:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Batman-Night-Owls-New-52-Various/9781401237738

This doesn't confirm for me whether it is issues 1-12, 0-12, or either + annual... vs:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Court-Owls-Scott-Snyder/9781401235413

and

https://www.bookdepository.com/Batman-Vol-2-City-Owls-New-52-Scott-Snyder/9781401237776

Seems an AMAZING price. (first link).

Oh man.. how GOOD was this issue??!! It's dark and gripping.. couldn't put it down. Bought a digital and physical copy.

Snyder has my total vote at the moment, putting his Batman and also American Vampire at the very top of my reading list.

There's always eBay... but also, depending on what works out cheaper for you, perhaps something like comicsetc.com.au (Not sure what international shipping would be for you).

I'm holding out for the trades to get my hardcopies mostly, other than #1 and #13 - which I got single issues of to hoard forever.

But, I'm getting my head done in trying to workout what the go is here:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Batman-Night-Owls-New-52-Various/9781401237738

This doesn't confirm for me whether it is issues 1-12, 0-12, or either + annual... vs:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Court-Owls-Scott-Snyder/9781401235413

and

https://www.bookdepository.com/Batman-Vol-2-City-Owls-New-52-Scott-Snyder/9781401237776

Seems an AMAZING price. (first link).

I'm pretty certain that first link you posted is the crossover issues, so batgirl, batman and robin, nightwing etc. all them other titles that were included in the crossover. The second link you posted is the first 6 (I think) issues collected and the second link is the second half of the story. I have all them single issues but am waiting for a hardcover collection of the whole lotion one big volume. Maybe an absolute edition.

I'm pretty certain that first link you posted is the crossover issues, so batgirl, batman and robin, nightwing etc. all them other titles that were included in the crossover. The second link you posted is the first 6 (I think) issues collected and the second link is the second half of the story. I have all them single issues but am waiting for a hardcover collection of the whole lotion one big volume. Maybe an absolute edition.

Thanks heaps Russell!!

When do you think they might release the big volume? Would it contain extra content do you think?

The issue is that I have #01 and #13 as individual issues, but would like the lot.
It seems the most cost effective way is to go the trade.. and I'm a big impatient child.. so I kind of feel the urge to pull the trigger on Volume 1... but then I do like the idea of a big-ass single volume too.

First world problems...

No problem man. I honestly have no idea when they'd release a complete edition. I'm only assuming they'll do one. If you haven't read the court of owls story I'd definitely recommend either hunting down the rest of the issues or picking up the first volume, as its a stunning story. I'd probably have bought the first volume if I didn't have the single issues.

No problem man. I honestly have no idea when they'd release a complete edition. I'm only assuming they'll do one. If you haven't read the court of owls story I'd definitely recommend either hunting down the rest of the issues or picking up the first volume, as its a stunning story. I'd probably have bought the first volume if I didn't have the single issues.

Thanks mate - yeah I read the arc in digital format, so I'll grab a trade hardcover of it I reckon. Loved it.

Also thinking of grabbing a trade of "the black mirror"... haven't read it, but really getting into Snyder's work at the moment.

Thanks mate - yeah I read the arc in digital format, so I'll grab a trade hardcover of it I reckon. Loved it.

Also thinking of grabbing a trade of "the black mirror"... haven't read it, but really getting into Snyder's work at the moment.

The Black Mirror is really, really good. Another Snyder book to look out for was Gates of Gotham.

Yeah I downloaded black mirror when it was on sale on the dc comics app, it's definitely worth getting. Another great run. Not read gates of Gotham yet though.

Can't believe catwoman 13 sold out today. It's crazy. I used to just order my weekly comics every Wednesday morning and now I'm missing two already, batgirl and catwoman. What the hell? :( so if anybody has a spare copy of either they're looking to get rid of please let me know.

I'm all caught up on The Flash, and, I must say, he is still one of my favorite characters. Second only to Batman, and tied with Superman. I hope that he someday gets the silver screen treatment. :pray:

I just pulled the trigger over at book depository on:

- the black mirror
- court of owls vol 1
- absolute hush; and
- hush unwrapped deluxe.

Really excited about looking at the Jim Lee pencil work. Hope I can improve my own drawing from it! :)

hopefully the New 52 goes away.

Hopefully not from my perspective. I can understand you'd be a bit pissed if you were a hardcore lantern fan or some such.. but the bat books felt like they were in disarray.
Really loving what they've (read: snyder has) done with Batman in particular. The other bat books, such as Detective Comics, Batwing etc.. not as much - but still okay.

There's some definite flops in there too I guess.

Hmm. Okay, the more I think about it, I've got no dramas at all with them losing the New 52, sans Batman. hahaha.

Hopefully not from my perspective. I can understand you'd be a bit pissed if you were a hardcore lantern fan or some such.. but the bat books felt like they were in disarray.
Really loving what they've (read: snyder has) done with Batman in particular. The other bat books, such as Detective Comics, Batwing etc.. not as much - but still okay.

Hmm. Okay, the more I think about it, I've got no dramas at all with them losing the New 52, sans Batman. hahaha.

I stopped reading the Batman books after awhile, but the reason I liked them over the rest of the 52 was because they seemed to stay pretty close to cannon unlike the other books. I don't think they would have much trouble keeping the story lines if the 52 went away.

As a longtime fan I've felt like an outsider ever since they started New 52. I'm hoping the end is in sight.

When they roll back I'm sure DC will cherrypick the better ideas from the New 52 and bring them into the restored continuity. DC has noticed the fan reaction to the Batman books.

So wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the commerce section so if the mods feel it should be moved please go ahead. But if anyone has a copy of catwoman 13 they're willing to sell please let me know. Been loving the whole series since issues 1 but this weeks issue sold out ridiculously fast due to people buying up all the copies then flipping them on ebay.

So if anyone has a copy at a fair price please let me know. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

GL never changed continuity with the new 52. They just kept with the mega story arch they had since before Blackest Night. I don't see why they can't keep Batman going like that. :dunno

As long as the New 52 keeps selling the way it is it won't go away any time soon. I just wish DC would stop these massive cross over events, I mean court of owls sold great so suddenly every Bat book had to tie in, now they all tie in to Death of the Family, all the GL books are crossing over, now the Super books are going to cross over and Aquaman is crossing over with Justice League. Individual story telling seems to be dead in favor of multi part cross overs.

Back