DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read Batman #5 last month, and it blew me away. I thought I'd wait for the trade, but I couldn't wait and went back, picked up 2-4 and 6. Wow. This series makes Detective look that much more awful. Some of the best Bat stuff I've ever read.

Not liking Harley's retcon origin. They lost me when the chemicals gave her both black and red hair :cuckoo: I mean I can by them turning someone white and giving them green hair, but not two seperate colors, and perfectly in half too. I mean come on. Harely was much better before the reboot. Stupid Arkham City influencing them :banghead:

Not liking Harley's retcon origin. They lost me when the chemicals gave her both black and red hair :cuckoo: I mean I can by them turning someone white and giving them green hair, but not two seperate colors, and perfectly in half too. I mean come on. Harely was much better before the reboot. Stupid Arkham City influencing them :banghead:

what did you think of the ending ???

I don't understand why many titles are getting weaker than its privious issue each month? Especially the arts in the comics. Many titles have the crapping arts. For example Green Arrow #7, THE WORST ART EVER! IMO, the better arts make it more fun to read. There are only around ten titles of the New 52 that I really enjoy reading nowadays... And the logo too is ugly. Bring back the old logo, DC!

I read Batman #5 last month, and it blew me away. I thought I'd wait for the trade, but I couldn't wait and went back, picked up 2-4 and 6. Wow. This series makes Detective look that much more awful. Some of the best Bat stuff I've ever read.

batman is definitely the better of the bat books

what did you think of the ending ???

Yeah, that was definitely a "whoa".

And Harley Quinn is one of the most overrated characters there is. Outside of BTAS (which is what Dini created her for) and if taken remotely seriously she's just a ridiculous character.

That said, I'm still enjoying Suicide Squad and this was a solid issue. And there was another "whoa" moment involving a nano bomb.

And I agree on the Green Arrow #7 art. Atrocious. Oliver Queen has never as much embodied his last name. Wasn't a fan of the writing, either. The new creative team isn't going to help this title. I've already dropped it (again).

Oh, and Batman & Robin was good this month. Another "whoa" ending.

From JUSTICE LEAGUE DOOM:

Batman: "As a contingency, I kept secret files detailing how to neutralize every other member of the Justice League, should any of you go rouge or become compromised."

Wonder Woman: "That's a violation of our trust!"

Superman: "We would never do that to you!"

Batman: "... Then you're damned fools."

It occurs to me that Geoff Johns will never be able to perfectly encapsulate DC's heroes in a simple exchange of dialogue like that. Dwayne McDuffie was able to do OT time and again, probably with little effort. Yet if he were still alive he'd still be relegated well down the pecking order.

DC is ultimately kinda screwed unless some of the young guns with talent are able to make major decisions. Yes, it's cool that someone like Snyder is at the reigns of BATMAN, but ultimately these characters are in the hands of the two hacks responsible for the current Justice League book. I find that increasingly unsettling, especially when reminded how awesome these characters can be together.

:lol That is why Batman is awesome. He's so paranoid he's got a plan to take everyone out, even his so called friends.

I got the Flashpoint paperback this week from Amazon ($7!) and I was glad to finally confirm for myself it was the cause of the new 52. I was pretty sure it was, but its nice to know the story behind the reboot and knowing this is all just an alternate timeline that can be ended at any time and we can go back to everything being normal. :)

My pull list from DC has gotten smaller every month.

Down to about 8 books now.

Batman, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man are still my faves. And, IMO the leaders of the pack.

Finally got up to date with JLA last night, whole arc was a bit pointless tbh as it really didn't take much for them to see of darkseid, I just can't bring myself to drop DC's flagship title :gah:

Finally got up to date with JLA last night, whole arc was a bit pointless tbh as it really didn't take much for them to see of darkseid, I just can't bring myself to drop DC's flagship title :gah:

Yeah, well crap is crap. It's also a $4 book, which is ludicrous.

When the little kiddie comics they put in boxes of cereal are better than the actual current Justice League title... that's pretty telling.

But, hey, it sells well. It's actually still the best selling monthly comic, which hurts both my brain and my soul.

Are you caught up with Fables? I've been buying the trades as they come out, but picking up Fairest makes me want to start pulling Fables as well.

I have to agree, the Justice League book is very week. I'm basically down to
  • Aquaman (still pretty good and fairly dense in story as opposed to the fluffy Justice League)
  • Action (close to dropping it)
  • Batman (I like the owl stuff)
  • Detective (I'm too much of a bat fan to drop this, but I should)
  • Batwoman (I'll probably drop Batwoman since Williams left the book unless the stuff with Chase is really good)
  • Batgirl (not much longer though)
  • Green Lantern (starting to lose interest)
  • Flash (a lot lest interesting to me that I thought it would be and I hate the tweeks to his suit)
  • Justice League (teetering on the brink of dropping it, but I'll hang on at least through the Ha issues)
  • Stormwatch (I'm confused already and wonder how they hide from Batman so easily)
  • JLI (felt the most "old fashioned" superhero type book, but a bit weak)

I dropped Superman. I took a look at Hawkman and didn't like anything about it. Mr. Terrific wasn't for me. Neither were any of the other 52.

I'll check out a few of the Earth-2 issues, but I don't like what I see so far.

Back