DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll hold off judgment 'til i see the finished one :D hopefully, it'll be better than how it looks right now, so we could all pair it with the reeves superman stat.

The thing about the Keaton statue is that there is too much skin tone around the eyes. It could be fixed with a quick paint app, assuming DC doesnt correct the final version.

Anything think there's a chance we could get some Nicholson Joker collectibles? Not sure how Nicholson is about his likeness.

I just watched Batman Returns today. It's not a movie that's talked about much, but it has to be one of the three or four best superhero movies ever (the others, I guess, would be STM, S-M2, TDK). I really hope it doesn't get overlooked if HT do a Keaton Batman - I'd love a Returns suit Batman plus 'glider' cape.

I'm sure everyone wants a Pfeiffer Catwoman, but I'd like a 'final battle' version - where her suit is ripped and her blonde hair is showing. She looked fantastic in that.

I just watched Batman Returns today. It's not a movie that's talked about much, but it has to be one of the three or four best superhero movies ever (the others, I guess, would be STM, S-M2, TDK). I really hope it doesn't get overlooked if HT do a Keaton Batman - I'd love a Returns suit Batman plus 'glider' cape.

I'm sure everyone wants a Pfeiffer Catwoman, but I'd like a 'final battle' version - where her suit is ripped and her blonde hair is showing. She looked fantastic in that.

Hot Toys could use that new female truetype for Pfeiffer Catwoman. Bet it'd look awesome! The challenge would be getting that outfit on!

No way would I put it in the top 4 superhero movies. Burtons Penguin was LAME and so was Batman killing people.

I always prefered Batman killing people. I thought it was more logical for someone who's already a borderline psychopath, truer to the original character, and in a way, more heroic. He's not just a thrill-seeker who keeps his villains alive for sport, but rather someone who knows how to get the job done.

I think Batman killing people is uber lame and totally inappropriate for his character. His 'one rule' is one of his DEFINING character aspects, without that, the whole Batman / Joker epic everlasting battle falls apart.

To me the most important aspects of Batman are 1. He is human and has no meta human abilities and 2. He never kills

No way would I put it in the top 4 superhero movies. Burtons Penguin was LAME and so was Batman killing people.

But no other superhero movie has explored in such depth just how ____ed up these people must be to put masks on and do what they do.

The Penguin was lame on his own but the interaction with Catwoman was great. As for Batman killing people, I agree that was a mistake.

I only noticed on this viewing that there isn't a single scene in daylight.

There's no scenes with Batman or Catwoman in daylight. The Penguin, Bruce and Selina -yes.

I have my fingers crossed that DC does companion minibusts for the '89 Batman bust.

But no other superhero movie has explored in such depth just how ____ed up these people must be to put masks on and do what they do.

The Penguin was lame on his own but the interaction with Catwoman was great. As for Batman killing people, I agree that was a mistake.

I only noticed on this viewing that there isn't a single scene in daylight.

I remeber watching Batman Returns when i was kid, i bought it the other day on Bluray and when i saw it i realised that it was not part of my top-5 Comic book movies, the story is lame and has nothing to do with the first one except for the actors, is not bad but is a movie that can be compared to Edward Sissorhands and Alince in Wonderland! (Tim Burton world!:maul that i like btw!)

Speaking about HT, you know this characters have became so iconic that i would preffer to see them in a premium format style and size! no HT

While a PF would look nice, given the right pose, a figure is due from the '89 film, there needs to be some "play" factor to it. This statue from DCD will serve the statue need well enough.

The eyes look much improved from the original pictures.

91943_250354_3.jpg

Picked up the Hot Wheels '89 Batwing at TRU this last week. Not diecast as I would have liked, but still a neat collectible.

Hot Wheels is making a Batwing now? Have to look into that, I have their Batmobile. Where can you find Hot Wheels like this in TRU, the only cars I ever find are like real ones, and in the Batman section I never see that sort of thing.

this batman statute looks really odd dude.... not to mention the price they are going to charge for this..... personally think that it's not worth it :) (From the pics so far)

Well it's the end of September, anybody hear from DC direct on when they're shipping the Keaton Batman bust? So far, my preorder still stands.

Back