DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DCD Michael Keaton Batman bust

IMG_7625.JPG

Look, the abs are leaking oil!!!

j/k ;) :D

Hopefully it's just the flash photos and the final pieces will still have the distinction of the different layers of the suit like the promo image has here.

m.keaton.bm_02.jpg

Over the course of ordering the Sovereign Batman and befriending serious Batman fans at this site and learning about the suit's construction through them and my own exploration, I appreciate that the promo image shows different surface finishes that capture how the suit was constructed, rather than stylizing it or filling gaps or something, it's faithful.

No idea, my interest in Batman is limited. I follow stuff based on the movies, Batman The Animated Series and the old Adam West show, never read a single comic or followed any other cartoons of him.

i wonder if the folks at dcd noticed keaton's crazy eyes, if they just fixed that aspect it might look ok.

I'm sure they're aware, it's not sloppy work, someone had to take there time to do that, it's just wrong, unless there's a new theory that Michael Keaton is part alien :lol

And I thought that Jack Frost was the creepiest representation of Michael Keaton.

Re: DCD Michael Keaton Batman bust

Since it's sure to catch attention and rather than clutter up the DC section with umpteen Batman '89 threads, this will just be the official thread for all DCD Batman '89 products, including this statue unveiled at Toy Fair.

IMG_7619.JPG

IMG_7620.JPG

IMG_7621.JPG

And a new shot of the bust.

IMG_7625.JPG

Sculpts look good, but man, the eyes look to be painted WAY too big.

Just saw this. Very cool. It's about time Burton's Batman got some retro lovin'.

What's Toynami doing with Keaton Batman?

Glad to see you already got the answer. The stuff looks great. I'm just excited because I've been waiting two decades for some really cool Burton Batman stuff and looks like the gates are finally opening! I believe the Nolan's films have become the benchmark however the Burton films still appeal to me especially the costumes like Keaton cowls.

Glad to see you already got the answer. The stuff looks great. I'm just excited because I've been waiting two decades for some really cool Burton Batman stuff and looks like the gates are finally opening! I believe the Nolan's films have become the benchmark however the Burton films still appeal to me especially the costumes like Keaton cowls.

Well I haven't been following Batman as long, but I'm game for anything '89 and Returns Batman, I wish there was a lower priced Batwing to compliment the Hot Wheels Batmobile, I'm guessing the Toynami Batmobile will be pricey, I'll do what I have to do to get that, but the Batwing will probably lose out for price. I want this full body statue too.

Well I haven't been following Batman as long, but I'm game for anything '89 and Returns Batman, I wish there was a lower priced Batwing to compliment the Hot Wheels Batmobile, I'm guessing the Toynami Batmobile will be pricey, I'll do what I have to do to get that, but the Batwing will probably lose out for price. I want this full body statue too.

I'm saving every penny I can. I really want the Batmobile and Batwing. I'm curious what they are going to price out at though.

If they're under $100 each I'll definitely get both, I just worry with the electronics and size, the Batmobile alone could be a couple hundred.

If they're under $100 each I'll definitely get both, I just worry with the electronics and size, the Batmobile alone could be a couple hundred.

I'm figuring they'll be at least $300-400. Trust me when I say that these types of thing aren't cheap especially if they're in limited runs like the cowl and spear gun.

Last edited:
I'm excited about the Keaton statue. It's not perfect but Burton Batman collectibles are almost nonexistent. Have to take what I can get.

Back