DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hey I just realized. Didn't one of the interviews at NY Toyfair mention that BTAS batgirl is the last solo release figure this year. What happened to the TBNA Catwoman and Riddler?

They're supposed to come out first. They're listed for 3/29 on Toychest still

Hey I just realized. Didn't one of the interviews at NY Toyfair mention that BTAS batgirl is the last solo release figure this year. What happened to the TBNA Catwoman and Riddler?

Tnba catwoman and riddler are number 39 and 40.

Just checked out the Girls Night Out pack at my LCS. They look beautiful! I chose not to get them since I already own three of the five figures and my LCS wants $80. Congrats to those who picked it up though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe those who can't buy it are also part of the problem.

Ain't no such a thing as who's part of the problem. It all comes down to two factors: value x price

You can see such a massive value in that Batcave that you're willing to pay $250 for it. That's OK. You go ahead and pay it to achieve what you want.

One cannot judge a fan. Fans do whatever they can to have that something they "worship".

I paid $110 for the Batmobile, and I woulda paid more for it. I also paid an extra $50 to have it customized. That's because a see an insanely huge value in the BTAS Batmobile. Many of my friends LAUGHED at me for paying over $100 for a "mere toy". That's cause they don't see any value in collectibles. Same goes for $20+ figures. I see value in them, so I pay over $20 for them. But many people don't see any value.

To begin with, adult collectibles are expensive by default. Period. Hot Toys figures are essentially dolls. $200 for a "doll"? $500 for a "mere toy car" for those "dolls" (HT batmobile)? $30 for "toys" (action figures) and $180 for their accompanying "toy plane" (DCC batwing)? Anyone outside the collecting world just laughs at us paying such prices.
But we pay because we see value in these things. We are fans. But when we don't see the value in certain item, we criticize the prices.

I don't see enough value in the Batcave to pay $250 for it. To me, it's worth $120 tops. So I criticized the price. The way I see it, that price's just too much. I'll let it rot there until it goes on sale.
Some people here who collect this line found the $100 price tag of the Batmobile to be "too much". They waited for it to go on sale and got it. Those same people, however, were too quick to pay $180 for the Batwing. How do you explain that?

One cannot judge a fan. If you're a fan of something, don't mind what other people say, go ahead and enjoy your hobby.
For example, people pay over $10K for a Rolex. They are fans and see value in it, so they pay the price. On the other hand, many other people that can afford a Rolex too don't see value in it, so they claim it's "too much for what is essentially a watch".
There are countless other examples.

Great post WGD. Just do what makes you happy. You don't need to justify what you can afford and buy to anyone. On the same token, don't criticize the fans who choses not to buy something because they don't want to.

Hey guys I was thinkin at the concept of the cardboard jail of the 5 pack.. uhmm.. did you all noticed that the top have space for the Batsignal, right? BUT, if you wanna see inside the jail with all the lights and stuff you have to fold up the front piece who goes just right over the roof and cover/smash the signal or the figures you can put there... :D

Is just me or I see something wrong with this concept?? :D Since we're talking about value and stuff, does this "diorama" piece worth 40$?? Courious to know your opinion :D

I don't think it is and I also don't think it's something anyone would have cared for. Wanna release all your figures in sets now? Fine, but drop the package b.s. and reduce the price. It's not cute and quite frankly imo, using packaging like that for displays ends up looking cheap and tacky.

Hey guys I was thinkin at the concept of the cardboard jail of the 5 pack.. uhmm.. did you all noticed that the top have space for the Batsignal, right? BUT, if you wanna see inside the jail with all the lights and stuff you have to fold up the front piece who goes just right over the roof and cover/smash the signal or the figures you can put there... :D

Is just me or I see something wrong with this concept?? :D Since we're talking about value and stuff, does this "diorama" piece worth 40$?? Courious to know your opinion :D

Means nothing to me being that I passed on the Batsignal due to the dupe figs, though I get what you're saying lol. What's wrong is the concept was only come up with as a cheap attempt to suck more money from us, without giving us anything more in return.

I don't think it is and I also don't think it's something anyone would have cared for. Wanna release all your figures in sets now? Fine, but drop the package b.s. and reduce the price. It's not cute and quite frankly imo, using packaging like that for displays ends up looking cheap and tacky.

Pretty much this. Not like it would look in scale with the figs anyway. If I wanted a GCPD building I'd get my sfa on and make my own lol

Anyone have firefly in europe?

Gosh.. I miss vintage Kenner/Hasbro boxes.. T.T
Hey look! Condom Scarecrow in the box! Where's Johnny? xD
kenner---batman-the-animated-series---4-figures-gift-pack---alliance-of-fear---p-image-262758-gr.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that right away. If they have to have a flap, it should fold down to create a floor in front of the cells instead of folding up and being a pain in the @#$. that would make it look a lot more like the inside of a jail.

Anyone have firefly in europe?

No I haven't seen him anywhere yet! It's very strange. Also Talia will just be arriving next week.

On a side note I went with Calendar Girl and here is the WIP ^^

Yeah, I noticed that right away. If they have to have a flap, it should fold down to create a floor in front of the cells instead of folding up and being a pain in the @#$. that would make it look a lot more like the inside of a jail.

That's actually a great idea. You should email that to them.

I *believe* in an interview at ToyFair he said there would be a cutout in the cardboard so you could see the figures inside, and when you lift the flat with the cutout, it looks like a jail inside with the bars going all the way down

The flap going down to make a floor is a better idea but I do think the cardboard packaging is going to have that window to see the figures

No I haven't seen him anywhere yet! It's very strange. Also Talia will just be arriving next week.

On a side note I went with Calendar Girl and here is the WIP ^^

Wow! Beautiful, good work as usual!! I have an extra Ivy figure, I may try that or maybe a bigger figure like Zatanna. Btw, do you remove the pieces of the figures when painting?

Wow! Beautiful, good work as usual!! I have an extra Ivy figure, I may try that or maybe a bigger figure like Zatanna. Btw, do you remove the pieces of the figures when painting?

Thanks and no, I don't I usually paint it in one piece. I think Ivy is a great base figure for andy TNBA female character as the sculpt is perfect.

Hi, guys. Am in accordance with you and clear that is a price excessive and the companies is leverage of us them collectors and put prices rlevados because know that many it will buy... for my is necessary compratlo and if sale to that price so high... Although not me like that price it buy

Hi, guys. Am in accordance with you and clear that is a price excessive and the companies is leverage of us them collectors and put prices rlevados because know that many it will buy... for my is necessary compratlo and if sale to that price so high... Although not me like that price it buy

people in this forum is already accustomed to bad english (thank me later guys :cool:), but you won the first prize with that, sorry xDDD

Back