DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

For what it's worth, it seems the lesson DCC learned about the $175 MSRP is that they're more likely to move the product at a higher price if it's all-new product.

The Deluxe Batmobile has dropped as low as $128 on Amazon but except for the Batsignal, it's a reissue. I've yet to see the all-new Batwing dip below $170 and I don't expect the GCPD 5-pack to do so either.

If there is something that will make me happy, besides mad hatter from tnba, is new and better stands

This is such a win for this line. Anyone starting to feel like a MOTU Classics caollector with this as far as we almost need a direct connect with the sesign team with a podcast?

Does anyone know how accurate that batcomputer is? I feel like it was significantly bigger in the show. I found this picture online, but I think it's from TNAB

40465_1_warner_bros_lets_you_check_out_the_batcave_via_oculus_rift.jpg

This is such a win for this line. Anyone starting to feel like a MOTU Classics caollector with this as far as we almost need a direct connect with the sesign team with a podcast?

I'll give them credit for even going there with this piece.

Do you know much about MOTUC? I'm very slightly familiar with the releases. My question is have they ever released any vehicles and display sets for that line? Besides Castle Greyskull. Seems to me DCC is really going above and beyond with some of these vehicle and playsets. I am interested to see what else they're willing to put out there.
Does anyone know how accurate that batcomputer is? I feel like it was significantly bigger in the show. I found this picture online, but I think it's from TNAB

View attachment 324458

Great question. I don't have the answer but I was wondering this myself.

First: that picture is from TNBA, so forget it.

Second: if there was anything inconsistent on BTAS, that was the Batcomputer. Not only did it change in size, but it also changed in "model".
In every single episode, that thing was different. There was so consistency at all.

That was one of the things I've always noticed during the show, way before even thinking about having one for the figures.

1. This is the model DCC based the set on:
HS_II_01_-_Batcomputer.jpg

2. This is one of the several other models it had throughout the show:
Batcave.jpg

So, if we go by the first picture, then it is like this:
latest

I think the proportions are fine and accurate.

That image is definitely from TNBA. (Check out the Batmobile.)

As for the size of the Batcomputer, I'm not sure but it's pretty authentic when it comes to the screens.

tumblr_lol7xvb5Rb1qae7ll.gif

That image is definitely from TNBA. (Check out the Batmobile.)

As for the size of the Batcomputer, I'm not sure but it's pretty authentic when it comes to the screens.

tumblr_lol7xvb5Rb1qae7ll.gif

Ha! Yet another different size.
Thanks.

Yeah, the size/proportion DCC got for the 'Puter is perfect.

Those flashing lights are gonna get annoying!

I'm super happy we're finally getting an Alfred, and it does look like a great display. I said it in The Iceberg Lounge, but, does anyone else think the TNBA computer may have been a bit more versatile? I'm super glad they're all in on the original Animated Series, but, with that model, you'd have TNBA, Beyond, and JL represented, plus, as the Batcave had been established a bit, you could do companion pieces like the suit gallery, for instance. That being said, maybe it's for the best they're doing the TAS version. Cheaper, in the long run.:lol

First: that picture is from TNBA, so forget it.

Second: if there was anything inconsistent on BTAS, that was the Batcomputer. Not only did it change in size, but it also changed in "model".
In every single episode, that thing was different. There was so consistency at all.

That was one of the things I've always noticed during the show, way before even thinking about having one for the figures.

I think the proportions are fine and accurate.

Yep! I figured they were from TNBA because of the batmobile!

Thanks for the pictures! I was looking for them!

Awesome looking set. Well done DCC. However it will be an easy pass for me. Too big to display and Alfred was never a must buy for me.

Batcave.jpg

Looking at the picture I wonder what parts get illuminated...
In the overall look very cool, accurate or not they've done a pretty cool job! I would love to see a metallic copper color on it! :D Will look fantastic imo

Alfred seems to have his tray and tea service, but he need hands to old it properly. I hope DCC will release more info and shots about Alfred, the cave is awesome (and especially not a cardboard crap LOL) but honestly I'm way more courious about the figure :D

I am almost thinking Alfred will stand with the TAS figs and this will be the base for Terry and old Bruce. I have no interest in further BB figs and this would make a great little diorama.

Batcave dio is amazing!

I do wish it came with a backdrop of some kind to create the walls of the batcave though.

Looking suuuuuper far ahead, I'd love if they did one of the top of the Daily Planet building. (see what I did there?)

This is a hell of a way to kick off Toy Fair and it looks great lit up. I'm curious to see what else is in store, tomorrow. I'd love to see the prototypes from the rogues 5-pack. Hopefully, with some adjustments/improvements based on people's critiques.

Back