DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Bingo, sfa!! :hi5:

I didn't pay attention to the "water thing" on the screen.

Love seeing BTAS detectives like me in action. :lol

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy with this reveal!!!!!!!!!

I've never owned an Alfred figure in my whole life!!! Let alone a Batcave!!!!

Dang! That thing look so damn huge!! Sadly it's a pass for me if won't fit in a Detolf case.. :( I wonder how much space will take.. Alfred looks cool! Hope we're gonna see him in the ToyFair xD

Dat price looks crazy though.. :cuckoo: IMO

Bingo, sfa!! :hi5:

I didn't pay attention to the "water thing" on the screen.

Love seeing BTAS detectives like me in action. :lol

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy with this reveal!!!!!!!!!

I've never owned an Alfred figure in my whole life!!! Let alone a Batcave!!!!

Mannn same! This will be my first Alfred as well, unless they end up doing a TNBA version that comes out first lol. So glad he gets his tray and teapot! Exactly what I wanted to display him with

Dang! That thing look so damn huge!! Sadly it's a pass for me if won't fit in a Detolf case.. :( I wonder how much space will take.. Alfred looks cool! Hope we're gonna see him in the ToyFair xD

Dat price looks crazy though.. :cuckoo: IMO

Agreed. This will definitely be one to pick up 6 months to a year later when prices drop

Holy ****!!! I was NOT expecting that! It looks so dope, oooh man! I just wasn't expecting a set like this to be so steep though... Batwing was really a test to see if $175 price point would sell, and seems to have set the standard lol. I hope it's pretty hefty/solid for that price and not hollowed out underneath. To me this looks like it should be $100 tops, but I'll reserve any judgement until the said Comic Con showing and just enjoy seeing such an awesome announcement

Agree about the price. It's overpriced. $120 tops for me, because it includes a figure and accessories (unlike the Batmobile).

Don't know about it being solid/hefty, though... It woud be too heavy, I guess, especially when you think about the box/package...

If the plastic is top quality, then it being a bit hallowed out underneath wouldn't be a big deal.

I called it! [emoji14]
Cool, I'll have to let space decide, though. Hmm...

I don't think anyone (at least in the US) should be worried about the price. Literally every BTAS release is either put up for preorder below MSRP (if you shop around) or at least gets nicely discounted after release. one of many examples: Batmobile is $66.50 on amazon right now.

Agree about the price. It's overpriced. $120 tops for me, because it includes a figure (unlike the Batmobile).

Don't know about it being solid/hefty, though... It woud be too heavy, I guess, especially when you think about the box/package...

If the plastic is top quality, then it being a bit hallowed out underneath wouldn't be a big deal.

True that, $120 is still more reasonable than almost $200. Yeaa, I don't want it to be like 15 pounds or anything, just solid enough haha. I hope Batsy fits in the chair nicely. UGH I was we got to see video/pics of this set this weekend! I wonder what else is going to be shown... any predictions?

Agreed. This will definitely be one to pick up 6 months to a year later when prices drop

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we will find it for good deals if we wait the right moment. :D

I also hope the figure will have his single release anyway, he's such an iconic character.. You can't put him on a 200$ set only, dammit! :D
What worry me is the description.. calling him "exclusive figure".. :( We're gonna see what happen I guess xD

I only want Alfred

Mannn same! This will be my first Alfred as well, unless they end up doing a TNBA version that comes out first lol. So glad he gets his tray and teapot! Exactly what I wanted to display him with

We should have a drink to celebrate it, man! :duff

Michael Cane Alfred (Mattel Movie Masters) ALMOST became my first Alfred figure in 2012, but I stopped collecting that line after their horrible Catwoman figure. But it paid off: having a BTAS Alfred as my first Alfred figure is exactly what I've always dreamed about.

Regarding accessories: those are cool, but I'd much rather have him come with a Wayne family portrait.

I don't think anyone (at least in the US) should be worried about the price. Literally every BTAS release is either put up for preorder below MSRP (if you shop around) or at least gets nicely discounted after release. one of many examples: Batmobile is $66.50 on amazon right now.

You are totally right, I'm from Italy and I've noticed too that if you wait, you can get the same thing that other people buy, but at the half of the price :D Patience always pay! (almost always.. xDD)

This is true, I just think it seems like a steep srp to begin with just by looking at the pic, though maybe it will include tons and tons of interchangeable screens and what not to make it seem worth it, who knows. Only time will tell!

We should have a drink to celebrate it, man! :duff

Michael Cane Alfred (Mattel Movie Masters) ALMOST became my first Alfred figure in 2012, but I stopped collecting that line after their horrible Catwoman figure. But it paid off: having a BTAS Alfred as my first Alfred figure is exactly what I've always dreamed about.

Regarding accessories: those are cool, but I'd much rather have him come with a Wayne family portrait.

Definitely! Tea and "little tea cakes" for all! :lol

There could be no better Alfred to start with! Oooh man, how could I forget the Wayne portrait?! Maybe with the future $400 dollhouse style Wayne Manor set?! Maybe a MOTP graveyard set complete with trees, open grave, Buzz Bronski, Angel Statue, roses and Wayne tombstone?! Lol I kid

True that, $120 is still more reasonable than almost $200. Yeaa, I don't want it to be like 15 pounds or anything, just solid enough haha. I hope Batsy fits in the chair nicely. UGH I was we got to see video/pics of this set this weekend! I wonder what else is going to be shown... any predictions?

I was talking about it with sfa... We guess IGN got the name of the fair wrong. Fully Announce it in February but display it only in July??
Makes no sense.
It has to be NYTF... SDCC seems too odd.

Hmmm. Regarding BTAS... After this amazing set? I think they are done with BTAS for 2017... Batgirl, Rogues Gallery set (5 figures) and now the Batcave/Alfred?
Not complaining AT ALL, I want more, of course...

There are only two A-listers left now for BTAS: Two-Face and Scarecrow. They could simply drop them in 2017 and finish the BTAS side of the line if they wanted, but some people want Red Claw, Thorne, Grey Ghost and a few others, so I can see them saving Two-Face and Scarecrow for 2018 in order to release those B-listers I mentioned and please some collectors.

Regarding TNBA... I can't even tell who are still missing, but I think they'll announce the Batmobile still this year (NYTF, maybe?).

I honestly don't care about this set. I probably would have bought Alfred separately but I can't imagine using that Batcomputer display for anything. I'm not really impressed with Alfred all that much. I feel like I should be impressed by this set but I'm really not.

I was talking about it with sfa... We guess IGN got the name of the fair wrong. Fully Announce it in February but display it only in July??
Makes no sense.
It has to be NYTF... SDCC seems too odd.

Hmmm. Regarding BTAS... After this amazing set? I think they are done with BTAS for 2017... Batgirl, Rogues Gallery set (5 figures) and now the Batcave/Alfred?
Not complaining AT ALL, I want more, of course...

There are only two A-listers left now for BTAS: Two-Face and Scarecrow. They could simply drop them in 2017 and finish the BTAS side of the line if they wanted, but some people want Red Claw, Thorne, Grey Ghost and a few others, so I can see them saving Two-Face and Scarecrow for 2018 in order to release those B-listers I mentioned and please some collectors.

Regarding TNBA... I can't even tell who are still missing, but I think they'll announce the Batmobile still this year (NYTF, maybe?).

Yea, I thought that seemed odd too... I thought maybe it wouldn't be able to be photographed, but then why announce it? Lol I guess we'll see.

I'm actually reallyyy hoping for Scarecrow and Two Face!! I want some of the B and C-listers too, but those and Alfred are what I was hoping for most (and Leslie Thompkins)

TNBA I could really care less about, though I would buy Calendar Girl, Batwoman, Penguin and a couple of others. TNBA is pretty much wrapped up for me. I don't really want that version of Clayface or Wesker. Hatter I would buy, but not one I'd be very stoked about lol

Definitely! Tea and "little tea cakes" for all! :lol

There could be no better Alfred to start with! Oooh man, how could I forget the Wayne portrait?! Maybe with the future $400 dollhouse style Wayne Manor set?! Maybe a MOTP graveyard set complete with trees, open grave, Buzz Bronski, Angel Statue, roses and Wayne tombstone?! Lol I kid

LMAAAAAAAOOOO! They would definitely charge the massive dollhouse-style Wayne Manor for $400.

Dude, I've ALWAYS wanted a two or three-pack with the Wayne tombstone... either with Bruce and Alfred or Bruce/Batman and Andrea.

After the Deluxe Batmobile, the Batwing, the GCPD 5-pack, and now this, it looks like the $175 MSRP is here to stay.

LMAAAAAAAOOOO! They would definitely charge the massive dollhouse-style Wayne Manor for $400.

Dude, I've ALWAYS wanted a two or three-pack with the Wayne tombstone... either with Bruce and Alfred or Bruce/Batman and Andrea.

SAME! Bruce/Andrea would be ideal for me. I keep a little tombstone I got from Michael's around Halloween behind my spare Batman, near the Batmobile lol

After the Deluxe Batmobile, the Batwing, the GCPD 5-pack, and now this, it looks like the $175 MSRP is here to stay.

Yea, really not digging that lol

I'm so happy about this that I just bought the batwing... My wife has now to kill me

Back