DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

How exactly are they out of scale? Did you expect them to be the same height for some reason?

All the women are the same body type in TNBA so yeah I did expect that. But the head size is really different. Nowhere in the cartoon is Supergirl's head twice the size of Batgirls'.

Will be showed something at NY Toy Fair in your opinion?

I don't think anyone has brought her up, but I'd buy this figure.

hqdefault.jpg

I really thought we would have seen some kind of scoop today from a news site- maybe tomorrow.
Based off of previous podcasts, I predict: (in no particular wave or groupings)

Kyodai Ken
Grey Ghost
HARDAC Batman
TAS Bruce Wayne
TAS Two-Face
Summer Gleeson
Jetwing Batman
TNBA Penguin
Calendar Girl
Alfred with Batcomputer?
Blight

Bizarro with Mxyzptlk
Lex Luthor

FYI: We have heard from Kevin directly that S:TAS will be a separate line coming and that Livewire and Supergirl will eventually be in there.
One interesting thing to note with Batman Beyond is that they consider the 3pk to be a part of the overall Batman Animated line. This makes me think that we'll see sprinklings of the show throughout waves or just a handful of 2pks or 3pks.
I really can't wait to see what is revealed in the next couple of days!

I don't think anyone has brought her up, but I'd buy this figure.

View attachment 324080

I'm definitely down for a Calendar Girl fig!

Just got the Girls Night Out pack. Pretty satisfied with it. I think my old Ivy has a way better face. The old one may look kinda high, but the new one (mine at least) has such a vacant look on her face, she may as well be lobotomized Ivy from Justice League lol. Forgot who said Supergirl looks like Stephanie from Full House, but whoever said that was spot on lol. There were 3 sets to choose from at my shop and the paint looked pretty alright on all of them

One word of advice, be careful when posing Livewires arms!! The sculpt at the shoulder is very pointy and weird. I went to rotate the arm 360 to make sure the joint functioned, and I scraped a tiny bit of paint off because of the protruding shoulder piece, so watch out for that!

Overall a cool set, and now I finally have regular TNBA Harley. Just wish they had fixed Supergirl's head and those damn boots!

Just got the Girls Night Out pack. Pretty satisfied with it. I think my old Ivy has a way better face. The old one may look kinda high, but the new one (mine at least) has such a vacant look on her face, she may as well be lobotomized Ivy from Justice League lol. Forgot who said Supergirl looks like Stephanie from Full House, but whoever said that was spot on lol. There were 3 sets to choose from at my shop and the paint looked pretty alright on all of them

One word of advice, be careful when posing Livewires arms!! The sculpt at the shoulder is very pointy and weird. I went to rotate the arm 360 to make sure the joint functioned, and I scraped a tiny bit of paint off because of the protruding shoulder piece, so watch out for that!

Overall a cool set, and now I finally have regular TNBA Harley. Just wish they had fixed Supergirl's head and those damn boots!
I like her head and boots. I think the pack overall is great.

I did notice the flyer features Livewire and Kara with fists. Interesting.

Calendar Girl seems like an easy and cheap figure to produce. Plus, she could easily be repainted and re packed in multiple colors. We'll see.

Thanks for the Livewire advice. It's nice to know these things in advance. That's why I was looking for a YouTube review on the pack. Some of those guys are so reckless and rough with posing them lol. I can't believe they don't break them more often.

And that was me that said Supergirl looked like Jodie Sweeten (Stephanie Tanner). Mine will be here Saturday so I can't wait to make the comparison in person lol.

Calendar Girl seems like an easy and cheap figure to produce. Plus, she could easily be repainted and re packed in multiple colors. We'll see.

Thanks for the Livewire advice. It's nice to know these things in advance. That's why I was looking for a YouTube review on the pack. Some of those guys are so reckless and rough with posing them lol. I can't believe they don't break them more often.

And that was me that said Supergirl looked like Jodie Sweeten (Stephanie Tanner). Mine will be here Saturday so I can't wait to make the comparison in person lol.

Would be cool to get her with a masked and unmasked head. She isn't one of my favs, but I think she'd look good with the other figs. We could always use another female character too *cough Batwoman*

No problem! Haha I always do the same thing, but I couldn't find a video with anyone reviewing it. Yea some of those dudes are soo rough with their figs! Seen plenty of them break the damn things while reviewing one lol. I'm always extra gentle with my figs, especially at first when checking articulation points. The way she's sculpted at the shoulder makes it very easy to take a chunk out of the arm. The left arm on mine now has what looks like a stress mark. Luckily it's so small you can't see it unless you're inches from the fig.

Ahh alright, well you were dead on haha. Looks even more like her in hand

Can't wait for Toyfair announcements!!

I have The Lion King DVD, and haven't felt the need to upgrade that one to Bluray. I haven't read anything about that Bluray. What's wrong with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main error that sparkled backlash among fans was the obvious removal of the Mufasa cloud on the blu-ray release:

DisneySUCKS.jpg

I mean... seriously, Disney? The most important scene of the film, and you do THIS? Pathetic.

Other erros are coloring ones, like when the hyenas run away from Mufasa in the cave: on the original theater release/VHS/DVD, they are properly colored. On the blu-ray, they are three grey shadows running, no colors.

etc etc etc, too many errors.

I never watched the blu-ray again. Keep using only the DVD.
A shame. I'm forced to watch the best animated film of all time on DVD forever.

Back Issue magazine #99 from TwoMorrows is dedicated to the 25th Anniversary. There's articles on the show, the Batman Adventures comic - and the Adventures titles, the toys and a tribute to Mike Parobeck.

https://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_54&products_id=1292

Thanks for the heads up!! I'll definitely buy it!!

I love that episode! Shame we can get it in HD, tye animation was so good! (I remember Ivy's hair being extra flowy)

Love it too, man!! Love the episodes with multiple villians. So, that one was a treat.

Yeah, would like that in HD. Even 480p would be fine, as the current resolution is likely 240p :)lol). But I like the vintage vibe of it.
Imma download and save that on a DVD disc.

The big difference here is film vs video.

All those old Disney movies were captured and edited on film which has an original negative that can be cleaned up and restored. And film is independent of video "resolution," and therefore be fairly easily transferred to a (1080p) blu-ray release.

While the individual frames were captured by film, TAS was most likely edited with and for video (480i). So, while the Amazon versions seem to just the DVDs, the original files would most likely not be much better.

The only way to produce a true 1080p version would be to re-edit the episodes using the original animation stills.

Oh, thanks for this info!!!! That explains a lot of things.

Sadly, I remember Bruce Timm saying some of the original animation stills were somehow lost.

Bingo. The cost and effort (we are talking years of work) will outweigh the money made on them being released.

That reason of cost/time v profit was recently given for why Star Trek Deep Space Nine will never receive the HD treatment like Next Generation did.

Part of me would love to see a remastered BTAS but the other part knows that by cleaning it up, the series would lose a lot of its charm and 1930's noir feeling. The grain, dirt, and the uneven and at times poor lighting are all part of it's character.

Yeah, I thought about the "cost/time x profit" issue too. Too much money to invest in the restoration process.
Although very popular, I don't think BTAS is popular enough (like Harry Potter, i.e.) to have its BD release's profit surpass the cost of the convertion.

Same here, man. The cleaning would make it lose the vintage vibe/feel of it... which, to me, is part of the fun. It would look like a modern 2D/hand-drawn cartoon.

In person? Wait wait are you gently trying to tell us you know or actually are Jodie Sweeten?! :rotfl

16722390_10158167310100403_6542282384860427837_o.jpg

16707253_10158167311360403_5735607490461589159_o.jpg

16700364_10158167312120403_6183258540224967399_o.jpg

Like a 5 year old in 1995 again. For £60 its bloody amazing.

That thing is just beautiful, great pick up there man.

And yet your son next to it would rather play video games! I worry for this future generation :slap :lol

That thing is just beautiful, great pick up there man.

And yet your son next to it would rather play video games! I worry for this future generation :slap :lol

He is playing Arkham City with the BTAS skin. I let him glide around and beat goons up. After that we watched BTAS Christmas with the Joker, The Mechanic, Holiday Knight, Legends of the Dark Knight and both Feat of Clay episodes. 7 years old and I let him stay up until 11pm. Lads night!

He LOVES the animated series. This was his christmas presents in 2015;

10661804_10154769426685403_148390176808240277_o.jpg

11079591_10155325740055403_8276260609731118055_o.jpg

10985552_10155293291660403_49713750913207396_o.jpg

I stand corrected - your boy has good taste :yess:

He is also very lucky, I never had close to that amount of BTAS goodness - still don't actually!

In person? Wait wait are you gently trying to tell us you know or actually are Jodie Sweeten?! :rotfl

Ha ha ha! Don't be silly. I don't know Jodie yet but I've been parking across the street from her home and watching her come and go. She looks great through binoculars. Gee you guys are sure strange.

Wow! Can that Santa bring me bat toys this x-mas? Lucky kid, and i´m not talking about the stuff he got, but a special bond father-son through something you both love, something called BTAS. Cool!

Back