DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I really hope they make this one after BTAS Joker. For me this particular design really defined Hamill's version in the modern era (not the one from the Arkham games) and the character's sendoff in the Batman Beyond film was nothing short of amazing.

Yep. That flashback sequence plays like one of the best episodes of TNBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, Roxy is a "Special/Deluxe figure"? Not one included on Wave 5?

Wonder, if so, if the next Special figure could be Phantasm???

I'd be down for any Phantasm. A Tim/ mini Joker would be a great exclusive. Not at full price of course.

I'd be down for any Phantasm. A Tim/ mini Joker would be a great exclusive. Not at full price of course.
They should make a Beyond!Joker and pair it up with "JJ"/mini-Joker.
Basically all of Tim Drake's appearance as the Joker in one set.
Joker_%28BBRotJ%29.jpg

From the latest retailer newsletter but it may still change.
BATMAN ANIMATED: BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES ROBIN ACTION FIGURE (DC COLLECTIBLES) JUL140291 12/24/14 2/25/15
BATMAN ANIMATED: BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES THE JOKER ACTION FIGURE (DC COLLECTIBLES) JUL140292 12/24/14 2/25/15
BATMAN ANIMATED: NEW BATMAN ADVENTURES POISON IVY ACTION FIGURE (DC COLLECTIBLES) JUL140293 12/24/14 2/25/15
BATMAN ANIMATED: BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES MAN-BAT ACTION FIGURE (DC COLLECTIBLES) JUL140294 12/24/14 2/25/15

Okay, pardon my ignorance but does that mean these could be due on february 25th?

Honestly, I think they could probably market a Mask of The Phantasm box set. Phantasm/Andrea Beaumont, Battle Damaged Batman, and Jetpack Joker. Batman could mostly be a repaint, Joker would only really require the Jetpack, and, maybe, a modified, helmeted headsculpt.

That Phantasm set would be awesome, especially if it had a Gotham World's Fair backdrop. Jet pack Joker was one of my favorite BTAS figures.

Not feeling Roxy Rocket at all. Electronics and all that for a side, side character? I didn't like the character in the animated adventure comics or the episode. Parred with the quality control issues, I really hate how there is this focus on The New Batman Adventures. I just don't get it. BTAS is obviously the more iconic of the two. Wave 1 being prominently TNBA? Roxy w/ Rocket? TNBA Freeze over the classic, Emmy winning Heart of Ice BTAS Freeze? The Creeper? Those are the kind of obscure choices you'd see towards the end of a toy line that is dying, not the very beginning.

How about BTAS Batman and Robin motorcycles w/ helmets and a BTAS Clayface? You want to do obscure characters, how about Gray Ghost?

I've got to agree with you there. Clayface would be amazing, and I was just texting my buddy about the possibility of those Batcycles. It's so cool that these figures are so accessory compatible because, like you said, the cycles could include helmeted heads, alternate hands, and even "flowing" capes, if they wanted to. Hell, the Batmobile could even include a half cape that you could pop on, if they wanted.

People are getting replacements with nice little letters. Supposedly, the replacements are still breaking.

Some people are getting warnings in their messages not to heat the figures up, so be warned.

"Received my replacement Freeze today from DCC and it also came with the note. The only difference is my note has "please do not heat up the figures in the future as it could create carcinogens from incorrectly treated plastic".

image.jpg

Carcinogens huh?

John: "My Batman's ankle is broken!"

Steve: "Mine fell apart at the waist."

Tony: "My Batman's fine, but... he did give me Cancer."

Last edited:

Well, they finally got me. Mr. Freeze took a dump. Right hand snapped off followed by his right arm at the elbow. Head won't stay on the body either. Total fail on this one.

[email protected]

Just a heads up. They aren't new batches or anything. The difference is that they're inspected in their center.
Does this work outside of America? Or are overseas folks practically ignored? Also by replacement, I presume that you'll have to send your old figure to them before getting another one right?

I've personally had better luck freezing my figures since it ends up removing any excess paint that might be jammed in between the joints. While one of the ankles on my Batman finally broke recently, hilariously even when I glued it back to the leg, the rocker joint still works so it's not like it was a complete loss on my part (so basically you can still alternate between posing him in standing positions or wide stances).

That said, I tried to strengthen up the figure's right ankle (the non-broken one) by giving it small coats of super glue, front and back. Worked like a charm and no matter many times I moved the joint, it didn't break like the left ankle. I sure wish I did the same for the left ankle from the start though...

I feel so sorry for the people that got bad figures. They have such an amazing design; really, really accurate to the TV show. What a big letdown these QC issues.

I was really lucky to get a decent Catwoman. She looks so fantastic, I can almost hear her speak. Lol
Kenner Isis fits so perfectly on her. I've been exposing mine with this Isis and I still find Kenner whip better than DCC. Kenner's is actually more "rubbery".

Looking forward to getting Joker, Robin and Man-Bat next month (???).

If the trend continues, we'll get on Wave 5: three male The New Batman Adventures figures and a female The Animated Series figure.

So, my guess for Wave 5 is: TAS Poison Ivy, TNBA Nightwing, TNBA Scarecrow and TNBA Bane.

Gosh! I hate that both designs are coming together, because I can't stand The New Batman Adventures. Really, I can't.

I'm dying to get TAS Two-Face, my favorite character. Oh, God! Hope to get him, TAS Mr. Freeze and TAS Scarecrow on Wave 6!!!

I hope you're right WGD, I ended up returning Mr. Freeze because of too many problems. Ended up with only Two-Face. but he's so top heavy from the design that he's fallen over a few times -which makes me nervous. Hoping for TAS versions of him and Freeze that are made better.

Ehh I don't mind either designs from TNBA and TAS, and I'm glad we're getting both. It also helps that the TNBA designs would later help in defining and solidifying the "Bruce Timm" style that would later be followed by Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, and even Justice League. Yeah sure we got some inferior designs through the changeover (Joker), but the same could be said about it improving on other characters' designs as well (Bane and Scarecrow especially come into mind).

This is the response I received from dc collectibles after I emailed them about my broken Mr. Freeze figure. Below their response is my original email

Subject: Re: Broken Mr. Freeze figure

Hi Debra,

First, thank you for reaching out to us. Your feedback will directly help us improve our figures. Without this contact we only have our quality control samples to base the figures on. It is a limited sample and we would never allow poor quality to the public. Now obviously because it is a small sample there is a danger that a factory could have other parts of the production run that is not as good as the quality control samples.

Do you happen to have any photos of the breakage that you can share? This is very helpful as we look for any patterns that may be reoccurring.

Please let us know if you are able to return the figures as we want you to have a good experience with DC Collectibles and not be satisfied with a broken product.

As for your faith in the line, we understand your nervousness about what this mean for the quality but we are here to put you at ease. Currently we have an employee over at our factories in China looking at the production line for our figures in Wave 2. This allows for even more examples of the figures to be checked for quality control and for our standards to be upheld.

We have a lot of fun things in store coming up and would love you to be a part of it. Please let us know about your ability to exchange the figures in case we can help out in any way.

Thanks and be well,

Kevin Kiniry

Date: Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM
To: DCCOLLECTIBLES <[email protected]>
Subject: Broken Mr. Freeze figure

My name is Debra and I purchased the entire first wave of batman the animated series and the new adventures of batman and Robin line. All were beautifully articulated, but the Mr Freeze figures' arm broke right at the joint when barely moved. I find this very disheartening, and wanted to bring this to your attention. I know if I needed to, I could take him back to my comic shop and they could return him for me , but I felt this kind of lack of quality had to be recognized. 24.99 retail is alot to pay, and you expect decent quality for that. Again, I love the DC direct company; probably spending over a 1,000 dollars this past year on collectibles alone, but the fudges in quality have become more and more frequent. I've had more than one instance where I had to return my product because of a quality issue. I realize these things happen, but the Mr Freeze break was my tipping point. I had to say something, because I have to honestly weigh whether or not I'm getting the rest of this line. Why waste my money on something I'm scared to death to move because it may break into pieces? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Debra

So, did anyone else preorder the Joker from amazon? I got an email saying they couldn't tell me when the item would be available and now it says out of stock on their website.

Back