DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I can only see Ivy and Freeze benefiting from new paint apps. Bane and Croc are perfect if you compare them to the show's models.

Hopefully they show off the new colors at SDCC.

Hopefully they actually go forward with releasing them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're round black ones with a foot peg like the type SFA and Zelu use except they have the DC logo. Unless there are even newer ones.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I meant the white ones with the artwork from the BTAS and TNBA lines.

I meant the white ones with the artwork from the BTAS and TNBA lines.
Right, but they aren't selling those, that I can find. They are selling black round ones with the DC logo. So to answer your question from before, no, they do not match the ones they've been packing in this line for for four years.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah the complaining didnt help, someone want to sell me some stands ;)

Normally, I’m one of those people that’s like “this is ****ing ********,” but, at the risk of sounding like an apologist, I’m just glad we’re getting these figures. Am I somewhat disappointed that we’re not getting the straightjacket or the stands? Absolutely. Does it seem like DCC’s sort of taking advantage of the fact that people are just happy to be getting the figures, at all, to not completely deliver? On the surface, but, at the same time, DC as a whole is kind of a cluster**** at the moment.

As someone who follows the comics and collects hardcovers and omnibuses, they’ve been cancelling collected editions left and right, their Vertigo revival is pretty much dead in the water, they laid off a ****ton of people, and, even within the collectibles realm, they cancelled those ¡Lucha Explosiva! figures less than two months after they were solicited. As much as I hate to say it, the corner cutting seems to me like they’re doing everything in their power to make sure they can get these figures out and, if it means saying goodbye to the stands and a few accessories instead of not getting the figures at all, I’ll take that deal every day of the week.

Normally, I’m one of those people that’s like “this is ****ing ********,” but, at the risk of sounding like an apologist, I’m just glad we’re getting these figures. Am I somewhat disappointed that we’re not getting the straightjacket or the stands? Absolutely. Does it seem like DCC’s sort of taking advantage of the fact that people are just happy to be getting the figures, at all, to not completely deliver? On the surface, but, at the same time, DC as a whole is kind of a cluster**** at the moment.

As someone who follows the comics and collects hardcovers and omnibuses, they’ve been cancelling collected editions left and right, their Vertigo revival is pretty much dead in the water, they laid off a ****ton of people, and, even within the collectibles realm, they cancelled those ¡Lucha Explosiva! figures less than two months after they were solicited. As much as I hate to say it, the corner cutting seems to me like they’re doing everything in their power to make sure they can get these figures out and, if it means saying goodbye to the stands and a few accessories instead of not getting the figures at all, I’ll take that deal every day of the week.

That's what I've been thinking, too.
It seems more like a "this is what we need to do to get the set out" over a "they'll buy this **** anyway" kind of thinking

Everyone who didn’t get the GCPD Rogues Set needs to preorder the individual villains ASAP so they don’t get cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 questions :) : Why we have to choose between having figures with no stands and few accessories and not getting figures at all? Why can't we have the figures like they should be while we are paying the same MSRP as the previous releases?

I have 2 questions :) : Why we have to choose between having figures with no stands and few accessories and not getting figures at all? Why can't we have the figures like they should be while we are paying the same MSRP as the previous releases?

Because, as it stands? DCC and many other departments seem to be under extreme scrutiny from their corporate overlords who seem to be dictating that, if something’s not profitable enough, just cancel it. When even Jim Fletcher throws shade about Hawkgirl not having her mace for the DC Universe JL figures, I think it paints a pretty clear picture that they’re basically just scraping by and doing what they can. Factor in the McFarlane licensing acquisition, and I imagine we’ve just reached that point where WB just feels like it’s easier to license everything out and put the costs of doing business on their partners’ heads rather than taking on any risk, themselves.

Hi guys... do you know someone good and available in making me a customization of Rupert Thorne figure complete with body or just only head? Sometimes I have found people who almost have to be beg for a job that would be paid and I find this rather strange. I hope in some of your tips. Thank you :pray:

Damn they waited until the H.A.R.D.A.C. Version to give us a better body

:gah: please give us a BTAS with the newer body :pray:

Hate that cape - both the use of cloth and how it does not work with the half cowled head.

Back