DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

The Batcycle looks great! The figure looks all around clunky and awkward. Will be switching heads with a spare Bats from the looks things.

Got my Batcycle, happy they made this one. Just ordered the Batmobile deluxe with the batsignal set. Had to get it even though I have the standard release. I waited too long before bbts sold out. Popcultcha still has some instock if anyone is looking for it. Cost me $169 shipped to Hawaii.

Anyone else still waiting for their batcave order on amazon? Is DC Collectibles still distributing them out? I know BBTS has it instock but shipping is a killer.

Anyone else still waiting for their batcave order on amazon? Is DC Collectibles still distributing them out? I know BBTS has it instock but shipping is a killer.

BBTS charged me $4 shipping... Are you overseas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS charged me $4 shipping... Are you overseas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii. Shipping quote is $83.25, I kick myself for not buying it from entertainmentearth because they offer free shipping to Hawaii like amazon.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 2.41.07 PM.jpg

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I would rather them continue with an open animated line. They could throw in characters from Superman, Batman Beyond and Justice League.

Yeah, this sucks. I would love if they delved deep into the JL/JLU cartoons, instead of this garbage with characters who never even appeared in the cartoons.

Last edited:

So that is what DCC thinks will sell? LMFAO
They must be sick in the head

Instead of continuing with the BTAS, TNBA, STAS and Batman Beyond lines, which are all missing characters that have fans screaming to be released (there! Demand!), they announce those pieces of crap that literally no one wanted or want.

For crying out loud.

The Batman looks pretty cool- I'm interested in it. Would be nice if they made more characters from the actual shows, though.

This is the direction they are going. It's been clear for a year now. Maybe someone should just make a new thread so it's no longer expected for them to be from BTAS.

Wow. I just don’t like these.

Pathetic. Not interested.

I guess this is the other figure:
7D2C08A8-FA24-4A94-8EAE-90A553233DAB.jpeg

Ok, this looks great as a figure but I don’t think this is the right direction to go in. Oddly, I think the big flaw in this is that it opens the line up to waaaaaayy to many characters. When it was just BTAS and TNBA you sort of had an idea who was likely coming next time around. Even if they would have strayed off to a character that was less likely to get a figure like Sid The Squid or Leslie Tompkins or Lucius Fox, you could understand it. They still fit within the realm of BTAS not because they were done in that Bruce Timm/Ty Templeton style but because they were simply on the show. Things were a bit more contained. There was a structure to it. Now it seems somewhat directionless and possibly headed toward “out of control”. I might have been fine if they would have started including characters like Deadshot or Black Mask. I think an argument could be made that these guys existed in the BTAS universe only we just never got around to seeing them. Deathstroke fits in too in the same way but I have a hard time trying to shoehorn in a lot of these other characters like Az-Bat and The Batman Who Laughs and Redhood. So who’s next? Batmite? Gotham by Gaslight Batman? New 52 Joker? Damian? The Composite-Superman? Spoiler? The Reaper? It’s anybody’s guess. All could be really great looking figures but I’d like a little more thought and logic put behind the selections at least. Make them more compatible with the BTAS and TNBA versions of Batman universe and not just in style.

I think Clock King, Hugo Strange, Rupert Thorne or Lucius Fox would be great to get. Black Mask and Anarky would be cool in the Adeventures Continue line.

Well, Anarky already exist in the DCAU, at least in the batman adventures comics. Hope DCC can chance their mind and give us figures of characters that appeared in the show.

Just added the Batcycle to my Animated Batman shelves. As much as I loved the line I can call it a collection, they look great but in all honesty are not holding up that great. In my opinion great figures should be able to stand by themselves. Seldom does that happen in this line. nearly all need that clunky stand.

I think I m ready to move on, I won't be supporting the adventures continue line. If they do by chance offer up new btas/tnba characters of course I will bite but that looks unlikely.

is there any chance for a Joker Expressions Pack reissue?
I've missed it and it's so expensive now

Back