DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Love the extra Joker heads, but putting some new hands on yet another dupe figure makes it another easy pass, just like the Batman expressions pack. :(
Why not just give us trenchcoat Joker, the heads, floatie and hands? I want those extra heads, but after GNO no more dupes for me, no matter what. I wonder if the trenchcoat Joker comes in that pack too? That I would actually buy on it's own. Hope it isn't part of the expressions pack. If it is the SRP will go from $50 to $100 lol.

Who the hell posed Croc? Lol. Croc is clearly going to be taller than bane when he's standing straight up. :slap Bane looks really good though!
Not diggin Freeze's uncharacteristic smile either, though I'm sure it'll look better on the final fig. The nora snowglobe is awesome!! So glad they did that! Montoya looks dope too! I didn't see one in any pics, but I'm pretty sure she comes with an extra head.

Hate to say it , but Batgirl looks not very good imo. face just seems off. Maybe it's the angle? I like that there's skin between the mask and eyes, but the hair is still off too.

bg.jpg

Also, this is what I'm supposed to be willing to spend an extra $40 on? Lmao definitely waiting to grab those figs loose.
NYTF17_DC_Collectibles145__scaled_800.jpg
lol.jpg

All in all, pretty cool reveals, but they're really trying to milk us as much as they can with that dupe Joker fig, that awful "deluxe" box, and the awesome, but ridiculously overpriced Batcave set. I really like the 5 pack, but the hate the stupid box and price. Love the Joker expressions heads and accessories, but hate the dupe fig. Trenchcoat Joker is awesome, but I agree, the brim of his hat isn't wide enough. Superman's hands look a lot better in these pics than those tiny one's in the initial pic released. Lois' headsculpt seems a little off to me from those pics, idk. Bruce still missing the whites of his eyes in the expressions set, though the face does look a little better than the first pic we saw.

Not very much for me to get from this line this year. Riddler, Catwoman, Superman 2 pack, Batgirl and possibly Trenchcoat Joker if he's single card. Passing on both expressions packs and waiting quite a while after the 5 pack and Batputer are released, until the prices drop significantly or I can grab the 5 pack figs loose.

You're being sarcastic, right? That's exactly the same thing I saw at Comic Con back in July. They didn't improve **** on that head.

Maybe you should check up your eyes by a doctor :D

brucewayne.jpg

Sorry to say this, but I really don't understand why you collect this line, Phantasm.

It's really beyond me. Not wanting to get personal, but every time I read your posts I anticipate I'm going to get the lowdown on why this line is not worth collecting.

Love the extra Joker heads, but putting some new hands on yet another dupe figure makes it another easy pass, just like the Batman expressions pack. :(
Why not just give us trenchcoat Joker, the heads, floatie and hands? I want those extra heads, but after GNO no more dupes for me, no matter what. I wonder if the trenchcoat Joker comes in that pack too? That I would actually buy on it's own. Hope it isn't part of the expressions pack. If it is the SRP will go from $50 to $100 lol.

Who the hell posed Croc? Lol. Croc is clearly going to be taller than bane when he's standing straight up. :slap Bane looks really good though!
Not diggin Freeze's uncharacteristic smile either, though I'm sure it'll look better on the final fig. The nora snowglobe is awesome!! So glad they did that! Montoya looks dope too! I didn't see one in any pics, but I'm pretty sure she comes with an extra head.

Hate to say it , but Batgirl looks not very good imo. face just seems off. I like that there's skin between the mask and eyes, but the hair is still off too.

Also, this is what I'm supposed to be willing to spend an extra $40 on? Lmao definitely waiting to grab those figs loose.

All in all, pretty cool reveals, but they're really trying to milk us as much as they can with that dupe Joker fig, that awful "deluxe" box, and the awesome, but ridiculously overpriced Batcave set. I really like the 5 pack, but the hate the stupid box and price. Love the Joker expressions heads and accessories, but hate the dupe fig. Trenchcoat Joker is awesome, but I agree, the brim of his hat isn't wide enough. Superman's hands look a lot better in these pics than those tiny one's in the initial pic released. Lois' headsculpt seems a little off to me from those pics, idk. Bruce still missing the whites of his eyes in the expressions set, though the face does look a little better than the first pic we saw.

Not very much for me to get from this line this year. Riddler, Catwoman, Superman 2 pack, Batgirl and possibly Trenchcoat Joker if he's single card. Passing on both expressions packs and waiting quite a while after the 5 pack and Batputer are released, until the prices drop significantly or I can grab the 5 pack figs loose.

Don't you bash my girlfriend Barbara!!!!

giphy.gif

Lmao, kidding. I actually do like her? Looks pretty beautiful and accurate to me.
I'm honestly over the hair thing. She has hair, but it's floating. That's OK to me. Should be resting on her shoulders? Probably, but at least it's there. :dunno

Agree about the 5-pack box... Wish they had shown us how it might actually look. Not a big piece of paper. UGH

And I still want more info about the Joker Expressions Pack... What will it actually include? Two bodies? One body (trenchcoat)? Confused.

Don't worry about Freeze's ""smile""... It's simply a paint issue of the proto. :wink1:

Were you there?

I wasn't :rotfl

Was/is it really bad in person? (I recall you were there)

giphy.gif

Lmao, kidding. I actually do like her? Looks pretty beautiful and accurate to me.
I'm honestly over the hair thing. She has hair, but it's floating. That's OK to me. Should be resting on her shoulders? Probably, but at least it's there. :dunno

Agree about the 5-pack box... Wish they had shown us how it might actually look. Not a big piece of paper. UGH

And I still want more info about the Joker Expressions Pack... What it'll actually include... Two bodies? One body (trenchcoat)?

Don't worry about Freeze's ""smile""... It's simply a paint issue of the proto. :wink1:

Haha never! I love Babs, so she's one I have higher expectations for lol. I'm definitely buying her regardless :lol

I think a big piece of paper (cardboard) is exactly how it's going to look lmao. Something I would stick in my closet and never look at again unless I moved

Yea, I was just assuming it would include a dupe figure, unless that one was only there to show off those rockin hands? Haa. If it's trenchcoat Joker in the pack with the heads and accesories, at $50 I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Yeaa I'm not too concerned with that. Just looks so weird seeing him smile (at least while in his suit) lolol. I'm more concerned with his arms and if they'll be able to go to his sides with those big ol things at the shoulder

giphy.gif

And I still want more info about the Joker Expressions Pack... What will it actually include? Two bodies? One body (trenchcoat)? Confused.

I wasn't :rotfl

Was/is it really bad in person? (I recall you were there)

Yes, and it looked exactly the same as what I'm seeing now, aside from the lighting.
I probably could have been at Toyfair, too. Mrs. Griffin works for a trade representative who was invited as a guest, but her boss didn't tell her to go in his place until it was too late. She didn't get to write to them asking for credentials and inquiring about a second pass until this past week, because her ****ing ******* boss didn't decide he wasn't going until Monday.

Last edited:

Overall, I´m happy. But the expressions packs being released with another figure we already have is an idea I don´t like. I´d rather see a pack with expressions of differents figures and maybe some accesories.

And I hope thy can give a better paint job to Freeze, he looks kinda happy.

I'm thinking the 2 Jokers are on display just to showcase the reason for those hands. They, similarly, had multiple Batmans on display to showcase his capes at SDCC last year.
7de75982ed29550cdb2bee4b7e2934b6.jpg

Overall, I´m happy. But the expressions packs being released with another figure we already have is an idea I don´t like. I´d rather see a pack with expressions of differents figures and maybe some accesories.

And I hope thy can give a better paint job to Freeze, he looks kinda happy.

He does, doesn't he?

LMAO2.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Oh, I'm SO displaying these two together!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Glad that I bought Revoltech Woody and Buzz last year. :rotfl

We need only Rupert Thorne, Two face, Scarecrow, Grey Ghost and Clock king, so we could go to the end of BTAS figures...I hope one day to have all the complete set : Gah:

Haha never! I love Babs, so she's one I have higher expectations for lol. I'm definitely buying her regardless :lol

I think a big piece of paper (cardboard) is exactly how it's going to look lmao. Something I would stick in my closet and never look at again unless I moved

Yea, I was just assuming it would include a dupe figure, unless that one was only there to show off those rockin hands? Haa. If it's trenchcoat Joker in the pack with the heads and accesories, at $50 I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Yeaa I'm not too concerned with that. Just looks so weird seeing him smile (at least while in his suit) lolol. I'm more concerned with his arms and if they'll be able to go to his sides with those big ol things at the shoulder

Now with the Batcave coming, I don't have the slight idea where to display that prison. :gah:
Have to figure something out. I'd hate to storage that if it turns out to be sick (which I hope it does).

As CaptSpock pointed out, I think the regular Joker is only there for "instructions" reasons. :dunno
I now believe Trenchcoat Joker is the figure that comes in the pack.

And I think Freeze won't have elbow articulation, for accuracy sake, which I'm fine with. I would HATE if the articulation ruined his arm aesthetics (as in extending them). Hell no!!!
Sometimes you just have to favor aesthetics.

Yes, and it looked exactly the same as what I'm seeing now, aside from the lighting.
I probably could have been at Toyfair, too. Mrs. Griffin works for a trade representative who was invited as a guest, but her boss didn't tell her to go in his place until it was too late. She didn't get to write to them asking for credentials and inquiring about a second pass until this past week, because her ****ing ******* boss didn't decide he wasn't going until Monday.

Sad that the Bruce head is bad... But whatever... that's not even a proper Bruce figure, just a mere head amog a bunch of other heads. I'd pissed if they ruined a Bruce figure.

That sucks, man!!! It'd have fun to have someone from here covering it, and would have been too fun for you both. I love NYC so much, my favorite city to visit. I go there every year. :lol Have you been there?

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-010.jpg

Croc looks like he's checking to see whether he put his deodorant on or not.

DC Collectibles hit a grand slam right here. Everything revealed looks amazing. I'm getting them all! I was gonna pass on Batman expression pack but may just pick it up now just to show my support.

Back